Years ago

Bullets holding press conference re Freeman

check

http://www.bullets.com.au/news/?fuseaction=info&id=353

for info

Topic #1379 | Report this topic

FLY  
Years ago

Doesn't really say anything about Freeman... just "a significant announcement will be made at this time." You would think that is was related though... How odd.

Reply #15861 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Advertiser reckons Freeman and Coach got into a 'physical encounter' he may be placed on injury leave.

Hopefully even if he does get cut someone will pick him up so he can stay in our league

Reply #15873 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

And exactly what is his injury to allow him to be put on waivers?

Reply #15876 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Broken Fist

Reply #15882 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

How does that compare to the "broken open hand", Lommax?

Saw this on the Bullets forum:
"According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the NBL has allowed the Bullets to place Freeman on injury waivers. So we can sign another import. One of the main concerns Joey had was that he is carrying injuries that may require surgury."

I can appreciate that the NBL want to keep competition close and entertaining, but surely this is pushing it?

Reply #15888 | Report this post

crosscourt  
Years ago

you would know all about inflicting broken somethings wouldnt you lommax????

Reply #15889 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

What does that mean exactly?

Does the fact they cut him via injury waivers prevent him from playing elsewhere?

And if so, does that apply internationally as well through FIBA rules?

Reply #15890 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If they didn't cut him because of injury, they couldn't replace him with another import. I think that cutting him because of injury is crap considering that he was playing his way into form -- 20PPG and 9RPG and there had been no recent mention of injury prior to this.

The Advertiser today (for those who haven't read it) says that Smyth is waiting to see who the Tigers cut to include Rashad Tucker. If they cut Stiff or Mottram, he said that he would consider them for the Sixers.

Reply #15894 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

Yeah, being able to replace him is the clubs benefit, BUT what does it mean for him?

What I was trying to get at before was is he able to bob up playing for someone else next week when he has been cut through injury?

If so, it makes a total mockery of the decision to allow him to be cut this way....

Reply #15896 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I agree. This smacks of Brisbane blatantly bending the rules to breaking point. To be honest though, I'm actually more concerned at the prospect of Melbourne signing Tucker, than anything Brisbane might be able to do.

Reply #15902 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

K Free whilst on waivers will still be getting paid ...basically he is on a free holiday here until his "hand" is better

Smart move by the bullets in my book, we would do the same thing.

Could you imagine him popping up at Melbourne?

Reply #15913 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

http://www.bullets.com.au/news/?fuseaction=info&id=354

Reply #15924 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 pm, Wed 1 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754