sammymac fan
Years ago

Music at 36ers Games

Hey all
Long time reader, first time poster.

Im wondering what people think of the music at sixers games? Im not a fan of the new stuff they have played this year. The organ stuff gets annoying pretty quickly. More ACDC I reckon.

Thoughts?

Topic #13793 | Report this topic

ANON12  
Years ago

The change in music was meant to get the crowd involved. Certainly upbeat style music has been the norm at sixers games, however, the use of organ style music was suggested as this is similar to what is used in the NBA and at college games. Maybe the problem is that fans are not used this type of music because it has never been part of the basketball culture in Australia. I'm sure that the 36ers management would be interested in constructive feedback from fans.

Reply #161052 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Two words......

it sucks.

Reply #161057 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey Sturty

What would you like to hear then?

Reply #161063 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Some Burt Bacharach or Nana Mouskouri, something for us older folk. Even that young Barry Manilow belts out a good tune.

When my baby, oh when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio..........

Reply #161067 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hehe, I'll see what I can do.

Reply #161068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More variety in the organ music otherwise it can get repetitive. Other NBL teams have some that could be tried.

Reply #161073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Something modern would be good

Reply #161075 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

I believe Skip is back at the keyboard tomorrow night. He did a good job last time - see what he has for the fans this time.

Reply #161079 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thanks anon, whoever you are!

I am open to suggestions, no promises tho Im afraid.

Isaac - As for the organ music. I have a couple of new ones to bring out tomorrow night.

Reply #161086 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Looking forward to it. There's just that one of the current batch which gets a bit stale after the fourth time for the night.

Reply #161090 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

The music at the Dome is generally too loud for that speaker system...it doesn't sound good, especially when something like 'Jump Around' comes on. Having pop songs and all that doesn't really liven up the crowd, it seems to subdue them more.

What we really need is to attract more people who aren't scared to use their voice. If we had a stadium packed full of loud sixers fans, no music would even be necessary.

Reply #161096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sometimes it seems to quiet in there, definitely this season with the way the sixers have been performing, if you ask me the music (whatever type it is, old, new, organ style basketball stuff) just needs to be always playing

Reply #161102 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

"What we really need is to attract more people who aren't scared to use their voice. If we had a stadium packed full of loud sixers fans, no music would even be necessary."

100% agree. The less music I have to play because the crowd is so loud, the better!

Reply #161108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watch most of the games on Fox on a wed nite and some place play lots of music.
Thats my preference. Sometimes it just seems too quite when your just watching the game (when the crowd isnt' getting into it).

thats just my opinion anyway

more music please mr music

Reply #161109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about instead of "the thinking music" when the court sweepers come on "Sadie The Cleaning Lady" gets played!

Reply #161111 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

.....and I want to hear 'Three Blind Mice', just once. Please, please, please Skip? Don't make me beg.

Reply #161113 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

A few people have suggested Three Blind Mice to me, as well as bringing back 'You Suck!'. I'll see what I can do.

Reply #161114 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"You Suck" wasn't very PC and probably drew the ire of the league, but boy did it fire up the crowd! Have heard it suggested that people could instead yell "Good game" or something similarly candy-coated, but I don't if that'd be quite as entertaining.

Reply #161117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure, it's always good to sing "Hit The Road Jack" when someone gets fouled out, but how about a song instead from The Angels.

Picture this: player walks off to the bench with his final foul. Over the sound system comes "Am I ever gonna see your face again?" The crowd adds the relative expletives!

Reply #161124 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

Due inlight to Vanilla Ice is performing now in Adelaide. Play more Vanilla Ice

Reply #161131 | Report this post

The way the 36ers is going maybe time to play the BEE GEES " Staying Alive " or maybe Rolling Stones " Start Me Up ' ?

Reply #161136 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

Bit tired of this debate. Firstly as Isaac pointed out, sixers management wanted NBA style organ music, dump most of the songs from last season, and have a bit more fun with sound effects and movie stings. If we were to play songs they should not play for very long and preferably not during offence.
After consulting with the game day operations manager for an NBA team, we were given heaps of their chants and organ stuff. We have tried all of the NBA team stuff and the two that get used mostly now, are the only two the crowd get into.
Music is subjective. Someone dislikes a 1 song on the play list, and therefore will post here, saying, "the music sucks". Or people post saying, "Play more modern stuff, or beats, or old school". The trouble is, you like it others don't. Last season we had over 200 songs on the play list from beats to Beatles and that was the most complained about season in history! Coincidently that was the worst season the sixers had in recent memory. Skip is now like me last season. Staying awake at night thinking of all the possibilities of songs to play. History says that too much music ends in tears. For now, we listen to the management.

Reply #161137 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

mc hammer - cant touch this... would be funny to hear when someone throws it down

Reply #161138 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

stop collaborate and listen, i think they should play the "can you feel it" jackson 5 song at the end if we are winning like they used to ( i caution IF we are winning) i think the organ stuff is ok just tone it down so its not running every play.

Reply #161141 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

i think cant touch this should be saved for Chappell.

You Suck should be saved for players ie Shane Heal or if someone does something that annoys the spectators.

Reply #161143 | Report this post

Jerry  
Years ago

We still play "can you feel it" when we are winning. We never stopped. Just not that many W's these days.

Reply #161151 | Report this post

RMM  
Years ago

My favourite song played at a sixers game agains the breakers when all of a sudden i hear... Baa Baa Black sheep have u any wool??? Good lord i was in tears. COngrats to whoever was in charge that night... I personally like to hear the dome shaking it sounds awesome... i question the silly little remarks that get played that sound like somthing out of a cartoon every now and then. i can never understand wat it says and y... Lets bring back powderfinger... "baby i got u on my mind!!!"

Reply #161194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The music was a bit better last night (although I'm sick of hearing the organ) but the sound effects/comments are pathetic as you can't understand most of them. Sadie the cleaning lady wasn't too good either. Some new rock music and hip hop would be good.

Reply #161306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sadie was an interesting choice when you're trying to motivate the floor wipers, not embarrass them. ;)

Reply #161308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yea some hip-hop would be nice. maybe a bit of rap, i did the music for a few ABL games one and thats mainly what i played and it my home team liked it alot in warmups to pump them up i guess

Reply #161364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754