new on the block
Years ago

Whyalla junior carnival - any good?

What is the standard like ?

Thinking about going - never been - is it any good / what could one compare it to?

It is due in feb. 2005

Topic #1420 | Report this topic

baggy  
Years ago

It's been a while since I've been to a Whyalla carnival but generally country kids are always athletic and agressive. If other country centres are represented (Port Pirie, Port Augusta and Alice Springs were there the last time I went), it is always an experience for Adelaide kids to play against someone other than district clubs, who play the game a little differently. I'm sure they will enjoy it. I reckon we took a mix of div 2/3 Boys Under 16 team and they didn't even make the final. The stadium is great, 3 courts, air conditioned and a good eating/bar area. Whyalla has a website if you haven't already seen it http://whyalla.basketball.net.au/fs_home.asp
PS it will be HOT in Whyalla in February.

Reply #16364 | Report this post

N O B  
Years ago

thanks cobra

Reply #16409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the whyalla carnival is always of high standard. that is why we get teams from the city and from Mildura/Eastern Hills sometimes. the country kids always play good hard basketball and are very highly skilled.

Reply #127539 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:33 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754