anony
Years ago

Can 6ers get 3 Wins

cairns singapore blaze - would 3 wins get 6ers into play offs -
the way the season has gone they could upset brisbane - if motts out - gets tough but ng balls and julius - getting the job done
is maher a chance
if only we had a few other give me wins earlier in the season
could the decision to cut chappell and not get hodges earlier be the biggest blunder - if only
hodges is ripping it up

Topic #14396 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

its Hodge, not hodges. I dont believe they will but i hope so.

Reply #169583 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

How many times do we have to read "if only the sixers cut Chappell earlier".

Sixers won't make the playoffs - even if those games mentioned above are won. Teams will need 15 wins to make the playoffs this year. The only way the sixers will play in the playoffs is if they beat Brisbane as well.

Reply #169587 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

thanks dr b - re hodge - my error
agree gunna be tough but if they did be running into finals in some sort of form -
tough real tough if

LJ if we beat brisbane and get into finals having claimed cairns blaze and earlier sydney
could go deep into play offs
still life there

Reply #169592 | Report this post

anony  
Years ago

LJ I disagree reckon 14 will get you in
have look at cairns breakers draw i cant see either team gettinbg to 15 wins which is why adelaide have a good chance if they can get the wins
dropping home games costly if dont want the inmport should have been cut line

Reply #169595 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

" He who cannot be named probably had a tough call between loyalty. pride and the 'cut'."
One would asume HE was involved in selection of import and thought that there was something to offer.
When this was not evident, most coaches would be inclined to give just '1 more shot' to test their own judgement, plus player ability. Perhaps there were 3 or 4 'many shots', then the finals window closed for 2007/8.

Reply #169602 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Lets have a look at the run home To Playoffs:

Adelaide 11-15:
Brisbane (H)
Gold Coast (A) - after playing the night before.
Cairns (H)
Singapore (A)

Lets say Sixers win 3 of the 4 to go 14-16.

Breakers 13-12:
Wildcats (H)
Dragons (A)
Tigers (H)
Kings (A)
Wildcats (A)

I expect the Breakers to win at 2 out of the next 3 games to go to 15-15.

Taipans 13-12:
Blaze (H)
Dragons (A)
Sixers (A)
Hawks (A)
Crocodiles (H)

Taipans should win 2 of these games to also go to 15-15.

Crocodiles 14-12:
Razorbacks (A)
Bullets (H)
Blaze (H)
Taipans (A)

Tougher run, but only need one win to get to the magical 15.

Blaze 14-11:
Taipans (A)
Sixers (H)
Kings (H)
Wildcats (H)
Crocodiles (A)

Could very well lose all 5 which means the game against the Sixers will be season defining! You would imagine they will get one more win to get to 15 wins. Even if they didn't win one more game, they still have the season series against the sixers.

Therefore, I stand by my previous post saying that you will need 15 wins (plus season series) to get into the playoffs. If the sixers slip up once more, which is a possibility given the inconsistent form, it will be season over. Yes the home losses will prove to be very costly as will the time to pull the trigger on the import(as mentioned in many other threads).

Reply #169615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it's quite possible that the Breakers may get one win from their run home. They have one game against a lower-ranked team, and it's on the road (where I think they've lost earlier). I don't see why Adelaide couldn't sneak in with three more wins.

Reply #169621 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

If we had cut Chappell earlier we would not have Hodge, since he was stull then playing for his euro team.
Who knows maybe they knew who they wanted a while back and waited for him to be available. Ofcourse of this Board the coach haters wouldnt let that even come into their minds.

Reply #169623 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could've got Pace instead (who was the club's first preference) before he had that string of big games in the CBA. Either way you look at it, we would've been pretty unlucky to get a smaller output than what Chappell was providing.

Reply #169632 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Win or lose these games I don't believe we'll make the playoffs. We should be a playoff contender already. The intensity has been inconsistent.

Reply #169634 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

Who do you believe the sixers will replace Isaac? I can't see how the sixers will make the playoffs with only 3 more wins!

Reply #169649 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

I just read your post higher Isaac and see that you think the Sixers will replace the Breakers. I should have read it a bit closer!

I think the Breakers should beat the Blaze at home and the Dragons away and have a 50/50 shot against the Tigers. So I don't believe the Breakers will drop out of the 8.

Having said that, I will be going for every team that plays the Breakers in the run to the playoffs. :)

Reply #169654 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Here's another scenario: we win our next three games, but need 15 wins to get into the playoffs, then have to win the last game at Singapore to get in.

Reply #169665 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Breakers don't play the Blaze. This is their run home:

Wildcats (H)
Dragons (A)
Tigers (H)
Kings (A)
Wildcats (A)

One "easy" game and it's on the road.

The Taipans have:

Blaze (H)
Dragons (A)
Sixers (A)
Hawks (A)
Crocodiles (H)

Easier schedule, but I guess we'll see.

Reply #169666 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Can Sixers get 3 wins? yes!

Is 14 wins enough? Possibly.

Will the Sixers get 3 wins? How could anyone predict with this team! We could win all 4, or lose all 4.

I have been under-rating the Blaze all year. They will make the finals. Only NZ or Cairns (amazingly) are really at risk of being knocked out. My head says they are both safe, but here's hoping miracles happen.

Reply #169677 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

I meant the Breakers should beat the Wildcats at home. Then the Dragons and then it should be all over. If they can't win those two games, they shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

I don't believe the Sixers deserve to be there either but hey, thats what you get with 8 teams out of 13 making the playoffs!

I guess we will know more this time next week!

Reply #169679 | Report this post

LJ  
Years ago

After the Breakers win against Perth last night, do people still think 14 wins will get the sixers into the playoffs?

I really can't see us getting two wins from these two games.

Reply #170278 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754