skip
Years ago

Hodge gets Back to Back POTW

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74166

Well deserved!

Topic #14526 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Why the hell isn't Hodge (and Ballinger) signed yet????

Reply #171331 | Report this post

hmm let's see... Hodge can get about 10 times the amount of $$ anywhere else?

Reply #171337 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That is it . He's a priority signing, but likely to get lured away by big money, overseas.

( however Ballinger is all ok , he is signing)

Reply #171339 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Just on $$$ for players, is it possible to only have 9 on the roster and 2 development players? The big name signing would effectivley have two player's money under the cap?

Yes, that would mean a smaller list, but let's be honest, how deep can a bench be?

Reply #171341 | Report this post

James W  
Years ago

I get the feeling that Hodge is a little too good for our humble NBL...and while I am anxious for the Sixers to sign him for next year, I will not be suprised if he gets lured elsewhere for a bigger contract.

I'm just glad we had him for the time we did and that he put %100 toward the team. Hopefully he has a good one against the Taipans this Saturday.

Reply #171345 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I read somewhere that Hodge was really enjoying his time in the NBL, and that the only other place he would like to play would be the NBA, so signing him with an NBA out-clause is a high possibility. Ballinger stated he didnt want to talk about signing for next season until he knew where the team was going, ie coach and roster....not the best attitude but owell.

Reply #171392 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Hodge left his Italian club part way through the season so you'd have to think there was a reason behind this, either his game didn't suit the European style and he was cut, or he really didn't like it over there and needed to move on. Looks like he's absolutely loving life down here, he's playing awesome, loves the lifestyle, I can see our league being pretty appealing despite the comparably poor salaries on offer.

I don't think he's certainly going to leave us at season's end just because he's too good - an NBL MVP season could be a useful card to play in his return to the NBA.

Reply #171431 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

Funny that Julius seems to have dodgy first few free throws and then locks in and hits high percentage late in games..nice timing or characteristic! Another funny thing is when he first came to sixers it was like -bugger we missed out on Pace and got this other dude who was initially a flat shooting quick but erratic type in first couple of games. In the beginning he was more known for being shot than his own shooting. And a few weeks later he is walking on water. Back to back POW is big and the lift in the team and the atmosphere at games has been fantastic. Credit to those that said change was needed and credit to those that made the tough decision to make the change. And big tick to whoever sorted through the options and said "Julius come on down". It has also been good to see a bit of Julius energy rubbing off on those around him because if Julius was a gun but the team still under achieved then the outcome would have been less significant.

Reply #171566 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754