Mo'bags
Years ago

ABL round 18

Big game tonight at Mars. Not sure of the breakdown of the W-L records, but all I know is whoever wins has a chance of playing in the finals. Sturt had better bring their A game cos the Flames are playing crazy ball. Get out there and have a look!!

Topic #149 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I'll be there!

Reply #1102 | Report this post

team 1  
Years ago

sturt make it anyway "mo duds" norwood are the ones that need the win.

Reply #1106 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

cage will be pumpin 2moro nite for southern vs south. get down there for the local derby, always a good match, and the tigers have their season on the line. admission is a tin of canned food for the salvos.

Reply #1111 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Southern Vs South will be a great game. Tigers to walk out with a win! Pocho to drop 40! B hodges to lead like the old school baller taht he is! M clarke will drop some serious "san remo time' triples!
Snake to slither all over the place. and DB...schmall!
Lets go boyz!!!!

So Bags...is that name an original?
Yes... Yes it is!

Reply #1123 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Well after a very close result in last nights game, there are 2 teams remaining in the hunt for the final spot in the post season.

For mine, there are really only 2 games to think about in tonights ABA action, and what a great celebration of basketball. Has there been a competition of recent seasons as turbulent and close as this in the final rounds???

Forestville host Woodville tonight in a do or die affair for the Eagles. Woodville lost to them in the first round and would not want to lose a game going into the finals [where they have a break first week] so there is plenty to play for if your a Warrior. Being an Eagles home game makes this one even harder to pick. My head says Forestville but my heart wants Woodville...
Verdict: Too close to call.

Southern vs South will be a matchup of biblical preportions. The big rains are on their way and Noah [Billy H] wants them in formation, 2 x 2.
This game will be hard fought, there is no doubt, but if the Tigers can get on top early, it may be that South will not have the spirit and will be concentrating more on the after match celebrations. Hodges, Bowley and Hoban have a big job to do as Kent, Pilko and Blight could be a factor, but if Gerlach continues his form, he will be the difference.

Verdict: Tigers have their backs to the wall and their playoff aspirations on the line. Expect them to win at home.

Final Word: take care of yourselves and... just kidding. GET DOWN TO A GAME TONIGHT!

Reply #1130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:17 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754