skip
Years ago

Tigers v Kings Game 4 - spoilers

Last qtr has just started and Melbourne lead by 15 points and look home.

Anstey is dominating.

Topic #15054 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL live scores have it at 85-82. Must've been a big run from the Kings?

Reply #177663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perhaps someone with fox can tell us if that's right or not?

Reply #177667 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Wow, credit to the Kings, margin back to 2 with 90 seconds to go.

Reply #177668 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Kings hit the lead with less than a minute to go.

Reply #177669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sydney wins by three

Reply #177670 | Report this post

kitten  
Years ago

Thanks for the updates guys.... of course for me the nbl site desides to run way behind the last 4 min

Reply #177671 | Report this post

B Fresh  
Years ago

Wow! I nearly stopped watching at 3 qtr time, looked like a forgone conclusion. Respect has to be paid to the Kings, they looked dead in the water in the 3rd, Anstey was on fire, the crowd were on their feet. Huge effort by Draper on one leg, he really provided spark not only with scoring, but finding players for easy buckets.

Boy Gorg sure knows how to do it!

BTW, how funny was the Gorg falling over when that foul was called against Victor near the end. Reckon he was a bit tense???

Cant wait for game 5...

Reply #177673 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Goodbye Suns-Lakers-Tigers multi. *sob*

Only remaining hope for my Centrebet account is the Kings to win the championship.

Reply #177675 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

OMG! I cannot believed the kings won that!

goorj went crazy after the win lmao

Reply #177676 | Report this post

Ballinger Han  
Years ago

i would put it down to Draper.
His impact was awesome. He just created once he finally hit the floor, and his execution was superb.

Reply #177680 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Or Victor for playing with hearth all game. Draper was incredible though.

Reply #177682 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What an incredible 4th quarter by the Kings. Both teams that I care little about but you still have to be excited about the quality of performance and entertainment by both sides. I have leaned towards the Kings in this final series because I never cared too much about the Tigers. With the addition of Lampley, it brought the whole team one rung up the dislike ladder. However you have to feel for the Tigers. This exact game one year ago saw them lose the grand final on their home court. Tonight they nearly had the championship sewn up in front of their fans, only to have it snatched from them by an explosive Kings team. The Kings did it tough with very little love from the refs. One call towards the end had me completely baffled and someone might like to explain it if I have it all wrong. That is the play where Thomas chased the ball out of court. He had his hands on the ball and his feet on the ground outside the boundary. He threw the ball at an approaching Kings player (not sure think it was Worthington). The ball bounced off him and out of bounds again. Possession was given to the Tigers. Shouldn't Thomas whose hands were on the ball and feet on the ground first have lost possession? This absolultely livered Goorjian and I tend to think he had a right to be angry.

Reply #177684 | Report this post

CP36er  
Years ago

What about Kendall......played nearly the whole game and never gave up....there was about 5 or 6 mins in the 3rd where he looked like the only one who hadn't given up.

Great job Kings to get back in it!

Worthington great job on Anstey in the 4th.
Draper and Victor won the game.
Kendall - most heart in the game.

Great job Goorj.
Bring on game 5

Reply #177687 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

The refs ruled that he had not yet grounded his feet. It did look like he just barely got rid of the ball before his feet grounded but it was very close. Glen Saville was negligent in walking out of court before the ball actually became dead. If he stayed in court until that time, the ball could not have been thrown at him and it would not have been an issue. Goorg was just standing up for his guys and trying to fire them up some more. Sometimes coaches do act a little bit.

Incredible that Draper had a reported hamstring tear and was able to influence a game like that.

Reply #177689 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I quite like victor as of late [Even though im a tigers fan]

Has decent range, great on rebounds and plays within his limits. Turning out to be a very nice fit for the kings.

BTW, how unlucky is Tommy Greer. Every single time he touches somebody, ITS A FOUL! I feel sorry for the poor boy. He'll be good next year, watch out! I'll say it now....

Reply #177692 | Report this post

HangTime50  
Years ago

I tend to agree EC. Anyone who plays the tigers don't get too much love from the refs but the Kings get hammered bad. Against any other team I'd say it was the other way around but after the finals series a few years ago when the refs killed the Kings against the tigers I tend to see it more and more.

I'm not a huge fan of both teams either but I am completely baffled as to how anyone can like any player on the Tigers except Dmac:
Anstey - dirty, cheating whinging tool
Lampley - dirty, rough, arogant tosser
Corletto - dirty rat
Barlow - arogant tool
Thomas - Never thought he was dirty or arogant until tonights match

Ahh well just my opinion.
Great game though.

Reply #177693 | Report this post

Money  
Years ago

I tend to say the same about Saville Ingles13. Greer and Saville are always totally bashed around and they always seem to get the fouls. Poor guys!

Reply #177694 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Ballinger Fan, I was sitting 3 feet away from a big screen TV and his feet had definitely grounded. I heard something to the effect that players have a certain number of seconds or a fraction of them to get rid of the ball once their feet hit the ground. This is not a rule I am familiar with but suggested that although his feet were on the ground, he got rid of it within the allowable time frame. Crazy rule if that is the case.

Reply #177695 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

How the hell can anyone be supporting the Kings??? They are the dirtiest team weve seen in this league for years. I'll take ANY of the Tigers over frickin Hinder and Saville anyday. An I'll just point out that Sean Lampley did not become this 'arrogant tosser' until he was provoked by those dirty sydney bastards in game1. Now he's taking it to those idiots every game and well done to him for that. EC, looking at the FoxIQ replay of that incident a few times DT was clearly still in the air when he released the ball, the refs got that one right.

Cant blame anyone but Anstey for the result, he was great all game but that ridiculous 3pt shot with 8 seconds left was just unbelievably stupid, i sat there staring at the TV wondering why the hell he shot that.
Chris... please give it to Lampley next time!

Reply #177700 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

I agree with Xztatik on his points. I too was massively shocked when Anstey launched that Brick with 6-7 seconds left...!!!!!
Let's hope the tigers win it in game 5 now.

Reply #177702 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

I have no love for either team, but have found myself barracking for the Kings this finals series purely due to the tools that are Anstey and Lampley.

Gotta love Goorjans passion (when your not on the other end of it that is).

I'm sure the status quo will return next season, and my hatred of the Kings will re-emerge

Reply #177707 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

how many does that stadium hold? sports tonight had the turn-up at 3500 surely it holds more than that?

Reply #177711 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

I reckon it was more that that.....i got there at 6.30ish and the carpark was full.....i parked at the fricken Zoo and had to walk a mile

Danger if Anstey and Lampley are tools

What the hell are Smith, Wortho & Hinder???

Smith threw another elbow tonight.......those 3 are dirty f#$kers

The NBL needs to stamp out the shit, and hit em with harsher penalties than one or 2 games

Do that shit in the AFL, and you would cop 2-3 weeks minimum

Reply #177713 | Report this post

Danger Mouse  
Years ago

ok Fez, let me rephrase, Lampley & Anstey are bigger tools than Smith, Wortho & Hinder

Reply #177723 | Report this post

Smell it 35  
Years ago

Which elbow? I didn't see it. I see Corletto hanging on his singlet like its gold at a gold rush. Smith only gets angry at Corletto, and who can blame him either?

Lampley only became an arogant tosser when provoked?!?!? haha your definitely lost. Brisbane crowd and players didn't dislike him at all did they??? haha.

And Fezlington you always have no idea. Everyone who knows anything about Bball knows to dismiss everything you say straight away haha.

Sydney have Hinder and Crosswhite who are dirty, but Melbournes whole team is dirty.

Reply #177725 | Report this post

Money  
Years ago

Worthington dirty??? haha your an idiot.

Reply #177726 | Report this post

legend  
Years ago

I watched most of the game did David Stiff play at all, Anstey looked fatigued,DMAC was killed by Draper in the last.I agree Anstey's game was awesome but his selfishness cost them the game.

Reply #177727 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

Guys go to Ozhoops and post. People actually know what they are talking about there and there isn't just a random, ridiculous hatred for Kings and Ex-Magic associated players and coaches.

It's really only Isaac who has any idea of what hes talking about here. Posters like Fezlington and Xztatik belong here. Go to Ozhoops and see how people who know what they're talking about actually like Kings players and give them props for beating a dirty team with skewed refs.

Reply #177728 | Report this post

bluey  
Years ago

bballfan most of the posters on ozhoops are sydney fans, and they dont even go to the games so i dont know how they make comments.

Reply #177731 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

ANSTEY IS 7/21 3pt IN THIS FINAL SERIES, PLZ STOP SHOOTING THEM CHRIS!

Reply #177736 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The elbow Smith threw at Corletto was uncalled for, actually it was more than an elbow it was like some sought of martial arts chop aimed near his head, d hang and hold onto singlets all the time, Smith is just a whinging bitch who cant hack it any more

I actually faxed the Sydney head office yesterday asking them to play like men and not a bunch of flopping duds..if it wasn't for the imports Sydney would be finished and the Tigers would still be drinking right now.

Victor has been getting better and better in my view of late, hits outside shots and crashes boards like a demon. Draper is the new Dmac with a jump shot, somehow he just seems to get the ball to the right people at the right time.

Anstey sure showed both sides of his game, the ability to dominate and then the ability to go one step too far, that was a terrible last shot to take.

I reckon the refs needed to have ejected someone early on to stop the pettiness that some of the gusy are playing with, even the Fox crew last night where muttering about how easy guys have been falling on the ground and that the d has been over reacting with flops.

Even Goorj flopped to the ground at one point, as Darnell said to CJ once "Stand up ya pussy"

Reply #177739 | Report this post

Boom Patrol  
Years ago

I MEANT ANSTEY IS 7/31 3PTS!! GET IN THE PAINT PLZ

Reply #177740 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anstey had a big game? Well if you take 3-something shots you would think you could get at least 30 points! Some of the shots he takes are crazy.
If I was 7ft and athletic, get the rock in the paint for goodness sake! There is a time and a place for Chris to take the 3, but he is actively looking for them which is costing his team dearly.]
Tigers choked severley. Should they lose game 5, a few players will be haunted by the GF series loss (read Anstey, Lampley, DT and even Barlow).
A one legged Draper ran rings around D-Mac in the 4th.

Reply #177741 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those who may not be aware, I think Victor was one of Melbourne's choices for their import spot before Anstey convinced Muursepp to join the team instead. The Kings couldn't believe they'd passed on Victor and snapped him up.

Reply #177743 | Report this post

Brucey  
Years ago

Different comments about both teams having rough players on the court. Both teams are frustrated in the inconsistency of the ref's not calling the game properly. There is way too much physical contact not being called. The only time fouls are being called is when someone gets hammered or clearly hit on the upper arm area while shooting. Charges and moving screens are ignored, and when excessive contact happens during a screen the ref's are calling it on the defence for not going around the screen. If the moving screens were called, defence would not be getting frustrated and forcing through the screen. There is too much hand checking on the dribbler and scragging off the ball, especially in the post areas. The ref's are also too busy umpiring players and not the game, hence some leseer players racking up softer calls while the bigger names get away with too much. The ref's are instructed to have minimal impact in the game by sucking on the whistle, but by not calling the game properly they are still having an impact. This is not the NBA, and 80% of the players have played within the Australian system where the standard FIBA rules of contact etc... are enforced more consistently. If the game had less scragging and the players could move more freely, the skill and flow and higher scoring would prevail. There would definitely be more back door alley oops such as the Gaze - Copeland days, and that's good for the game. NBL refs are not the pro's they are trying to emulate in the NBA. Most still have a full time job and also referee other leagues that require the game umpired closer to the FIBA interpretations. Allan Westover was right in saying he does not know what foul is anymore in game 1.

Reply #177745 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

And Draper pleaded with Boy Goorg to put him on the court. What pleading it was too, something like 8 pts and 4 assists in no time at all.

Bring on Friday night. Going to be one hell of a game.

I hope for the sake of the game in Sydney they get a packed house there, highly unlikely though.

Reply #177746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how intense this series has been. I think its great that both teams are playing with so much passion. The more crowd taunting, dirty checks/elbows, moving screens the better in my opinion. Can't wait for game 5 hope its really close.. and goes down to the wire.

Reply #177754 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thanks Bball Fan

So you saw it Kent?.....whatever it was Smith threw, they need to stamp it from the game

Yesterdays Lakers game, Kobe got called for a flagrant for making contact to the head...it was a hard foul yes, and maybe didnt warrant a Flagrant...but non the less, the NBA are trying to stamp it out

Here you throw a elbow, and half the time nothing it called

Reply #177768 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

"The Cage" only holds 3500 fans.
They moved there because they could no longer fill Rod Laver Arena or Vodfone Arena.
Still - IMO Anstey didn't play that great - you take 30-something shots and you would excect to score heavily.

Reply #177770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keefy, about 8K sold so far.

Reply #177789 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Fez i guess you are talking about Smith "fighting through the screen" that happened at the foul line?

That is the play that i am talking about he just swung his arm at Corletto

Reply #177808 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

How important is a good Game Five for the NBL? The last two games in particular have been close, the series has produced plenty of heroes and villains from both teams; it's just been interesting and if Game Five is anything like Games Three and Four it will help any momentum being generated (and which Harmison seems determined to undermine).

FWIW, the Game Four result and story was the 'lead' sports item on the news.com.au site for much of the day. It's little signs like this that suggest that slowly, almost imperceptibly, there may be something building in terms of the league's profile etc. Maybe.

Reply #177814 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

"I actually faxed the Sydney head office yesterday asking them to play like men and not a bunch of flopping duds"

Wow Kent, I didn't realise it was 1985 again?

Reply #177865 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"Worthington dirty??? haha your an idiot."
Watch one freakin game Money.

And 'Smell It 35' haha
you sound like that guy from Family Guy, haha
That says haha after every sentence, haha
Just Hinder and Crosswhite are dirty? haha
How bout Smith, Saville, Carter & Kendall too, haha.
and Fezlington knows a hell of a lot more than you about this game hahahaha!

Reply #177866 | Report this post

Money  
Years ago

Wow that was mature Xztatik. Compared to the tigers the Kings are saints in dirty tactics. And to throw Saville, Kendall and Carter in there, now your reaching. Saville is possibly the lease dirtiest player around. You're lost.

Swung his arm at Corletto Kent Brockman?? You mean where he swung his arm around Corletto to emphasize the illegal screen. I agree wasnt enough in it for a foul to be called on Corletto and they had to pull Smith up for it. But watch the reply. There was nothing dirty or malicious about it.

Grow up guys and stop being such whinging pathetic jealous losers. Every team has its rough players, at least Sydney fans admit to Hinder and Crosswhite. Smith is intense and hussles hard. Wortho isn't dirty!! and Kendall, Carter and Saville are far from it.

The fact that Fez and yourself complain about them and then cant admit when Redhage (Fez), Anstey, Corletto (the rest of you) are all experts in how to be dirty just shows how 1 eyed, hopeless ridiculous excuses for bball fans.

Reply #177911 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

OK Money I'll agree with you on Corletto I never said he wasnt dirty, and I dislike him because of that, just like...

Savile: asshole, whinger
Kendall: asshole, major whinger
Smith: asshole, poor leader, whinger
Carter: just asshole.

Those some other words to describe them if you dont agree with 'dirty' but Wortho I'm afraid IS DIRTY! there are no other words to describe it.

Seriously Money have you ever watched a full Kings game? there've been enough of them on FOX.

And dont call me one-eyed you idiot i had nothing against the Kings before this season started, if u cant see the Kings' dirty tactics then you should probably get one eye.

Reply #178040 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Hope you're watchin the same game im watchin right now money. I'm sure u missed when Wortho threw an elbow up at Ansteys face and then still found a way to whinge about it.

Reply #178098 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Sydney bastards go down!!! Hinder and Wortho are crying! Thankyou sooooo much Melbourne, best GF series ever!

Reply #178121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754