Great Pick up

Topic #15431 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

beat me too it :P

Reply #182197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Channel 9 says that the Sixers will unveil their new signing Luke Schenscher tomorrow.

Just some extra comfirmation :P

Reply #182205 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

either way gr8 news for the sixers now lets lock in a solid import to compliment balls, assuming we cant secure hodge

Reply #182210 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Press conference tomorrow afternoon.

Reply #182212 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Finally :-)

Do people believe that with a decent Import we are now a threat?

Reply #182213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maher stay healthy, hill plays like the very last few game he played for the Sixers, we get Hodge or an equally good import.. and Schenscher isn't a bust or goes anywhere else, then yes.

Reply #182214 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Just on ABC1 news also. And yes, with a top-tier import, we'd be a threat.

Reply #182215 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

More so than last year at least.

Schenscher should be an upgrade on Mottram. Hill will cover the spark Copeland gave off the bench. And Maher moving to a sixth man role more than makes up for the loss of Ng. Then Holmes is a significant step up from Dench.

If the import is half-decent, we should be set for finals action. If the import is above average and fits the team, then we should be able challenge any team.

Reply #182216 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Is Mottram not a possibilty for a Back up for Ballinger?

Im still confused with the points.

With both Davidson and Cooper having being already signed for this year do they still carry the 7 points they held last season, rather than 8 points?

Reply #182217 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah we should at least make the finals, in this system thats not saying much but its something. I don't see luke as a game changer and just hope people don't think that he will be, a great addition to our current situation no less though.

Reply #182218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Skip, I think they'd carry their ratings from when they were signed. Too much speculation without knowing for sure what they, Maher and guys like Burdon and Dodman are - could be 3-5 points or more wrapped up in unconfirmed point values.

Reply #182220 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Bring on Hodge or another exciting import now please. That's what I really crave and want now.

Reply #182223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the way people reckon that Maher will play a sixth man role,

You can still start him and manage his minutes.

Bet anything that he will continue to start, as he should.

Reply #182227 | Report this post

Hmmm???  
Years ago

Interesting that this news on the signing wasn't meant to be known as 'official' until tomorrow's press conference.... not very professional that it appears someone is leaking this type of information! C'mon 6ers run the team like a business and not some local club! Just because people suspect a signing shouldn't mean that the people in the know share it before its due to be announced formally.

Reply #182228 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Club lets media know that there will be a press conference. It's billed as a major signing. Pretty easy for them to make a guess and ring around to confirm if necessary.

Reply #182231 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

trust someone to find a negative in a positive.

look at all sports most are leaked the night before so what if we got a informed tip off the night before most of these sports reporters would have known and looked to get it in there nightly sports section before the press conference regardless if they were directed not to.

just like last week chris rogers signs with victoria
announced night before press conference.

g-train to saints was announced before he even nominated for the draft.

build a bridge get over it

Reply #182232 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

So you mean to say its still not official. Well atleast this time the heading of this thread is not misleading.

Reply #182233 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Just wondering now about the Dench factor...

With the addition of Schenscher and Holmes to play along side Balls and Cooper and possibly Mottram could Dench be a possibility of returning (I personnally hope he's not coming back) and playing that jump shooting perimeter bigman like he did in his days at the Hawks. It's not like we'd need him to crash the boards and be a rebounder (like he ever did that in the first place anyway).

Someone else mentioned it in another thread and it did make me wonder at the time.

Reply #182234 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Did anybody hear channel 10 say " good to see the Sixers sign somebody with NBL experience"

Good to see they know what they are talking about!!!

Reply #182235 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TR, I think Camel 31's info may be a little off? I don't think Dench will be back, but I guess we'll see.

Reply #182237 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hopefully the points question will be brought up at the press conference tomorrow. It would be good to know where the club is heading with their remaining 7 - 9 points after adding an import.

Reply #182239 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Isaac, or anyone else who knows... What time is the press conf?

Reply #182243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In Boti Nagi's Schenscher article today, Ninnis also said that they are talking to Aaron Bruce. It may take a long time because he will try to exhaust every NBA oppurtunity.

Also, Ninnis said that if Hodge doesn't get in the NBA, he is confident of signing him ahead of the Tigers.

C Schenscher/Cooper
F Ballinger/?????
F Holmes/Hill
G Import(Hodge)/Maher
G Davidson/Bruce
(or other way around, have little knoweledge of Bruce's ability)

Reply #182246 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kev, 2pm. Those present will include Ninny, Jake and "the club's newest major recruit".

Now confirmed on the 36ers site as well:

Schenscher signs with 36ers

Just subject to NBL approval now.

Reply #182247 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

Spinner, yes it was Mark Aiston who said "NBL" rather than "NBA" experience........and YES he is a sports commentator (or I thought he was)

Reply #182256 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Hellelujah 182227! I too am flabbergasted that people think Maher should be coming off the bench. When healthy, he was still easily in the top 5 players in the league last season. 20 and 10 most nights and close to nearly every other.

Reply #182259 | Report this post

yoyo  
Years ago

my starting 5 would be

c. dodman
pf.Dench
sf.Sutton
Sg.gerlach
pg. burdon

gun team!!

Reply #182260 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Your psychiatric evaluator could be the coach!

Reply #182261 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

One Mistake.

pg. Dench

Reply #182264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CONFIRMED.

Schenscher signs with 36ers

The Adelaide 36ers have confirmed they have agreed to terms (subject to NBL approval) with former Chicago Bulls players and home grown 7'1" Luke Schenscher.

http://www.nbl.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=74743

Reply #182267 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

Agreed lockstock. Still start him but reduce his minutes to 20-30 mpg rather than 30-40.

Reply #182269 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Hodges Boti??

tsk..tsk..

Mark Aiston you expect to get names or details wrong...but Boti?

Reply #182280 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Sessions finishes with 25 pts 8 reb 18 ast

Reply #182285 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Boti's article today reads like he was smashed when he wrote it.. the editor must have been as well ;-)

Reply #182292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke's rating on 2k8 is 64.

whereas Hodge is 67.

so are they like the GOAT of the NBL?

Reply #182294 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

No one will take Dodman's title of the GOAT. He even signs 'The Goat' on Mini Basketballs.

Reply #182295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone post the 36ers cap points system now?

does schensher still require 10?

Reply #182300 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I see they've gone in and edited it to Hodge and Hodge's signature.
I was thinking about Schenscher going to NZ and Dodman to Singapore and Mottram to Melbourne. That's why I mentioned Dench was still here with an option.

Reply #182303 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

pardon my ignorance....what is a GOAT ?

Reply #182314 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

pardon my ignorance....what is a GOAT ?

Reply #182315 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

GOAT....from DB's dictionary 2008...page 721

GOAT - Used mainly when referring to the Greatest Of All Time - Michael JORDAN...

Also used by 10 - 12th man on a 36ers roster by someone who was lucky enough to be named JORDAN, and has skills enough to make a professional basketball team..

Hope this helps Mr Toft.

Reply #182319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We were trying to come up with nicknames for Dodman that beat my first suggestion of Jesus Dodman (36ers saviour) when forum-poster Nino suggested GOAT as a joke. It fits - they're found in the country, eat everything, and they caper. Then another forum poster Ben Fitz wrote "The Goat" on the mini ball Jordy would throw out at the end of the game and it's gone from there.

Reply #182328 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

and has since been written on each end of ball game since.

Reply #182332 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Thank you for that, as the Germans say "The dollar has fallen, but a cent at a time", but in german of course "Der geld habst gefallen, aber pfennigweise"

Reply #182333 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Good media for Schenscher and 36ers last few days.
He'll be in five aa radio studio shortly.
And guess there will be a bit on tv news tonight.

Reply #182339 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

I can see the channel 10 headline as they stuff up again - "Jan Stirling happy as Lewis Schenscher signes with the Adelaide Lightning"!!!!!

Reply #182340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel, has he been on yet? (as of 4:56PM)

Reply #182346 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

No not yet. They just said at the start of the show that he'd be on. Don't know what time he would be on ( maybe 5.30 - 6.00 )

Reply #182347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

phew, thanks for the heads up :)

Reply #182349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luke is planning to spend year here. NBA outclause. Wants to get full season in, knees good.

--Phone goes dead--

Reply #182364 | Report this post

Eazy  
Years ago

This was a thread from last time he signed with the 36ers and Mark Aisten said "he has Nbl experience" instead of NBA

lol

Reply #361038 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:54 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754