VC fan
Years ago

aussiebasketball.com

Does anybody know what is going on with this website?

Wasn't this the one that had very interesting unofficial ranks of junior players by age/sex?

For months now it just displays a screen saying changes are being made to the interface, site will be down for a couple of days. . . its been MONTHS!

Is there a new/temporary site somewhere else or do we have to wait until this one is fixed?

Topic #15755 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ive been wondering that too.. i was lookin on there about a month before 20s nationals and it said a couple of days and i was hoping it would be working again for a recap of the tournament but no luck. shame really it was a great site

Reply #185615 | Report this post

Really  
Years ago

Was it? The player ratings were so far off the mark it wasn't funny. At first it was a novelty but even the players who were being rated saw it as a joke after a while. The guy who ran it sees a few games in a national tournament and comes up with the rankings. He throws in some interviews and he has a site. He's a scout and wants to make money off players and the site was designed to get players interested. It worked for a while.

Reply #185617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh ok but find me another site which just focuses on up and coming australian basketballers?
at least you could learn a bit about players 20 and under and get a bit of a write up from each nationals tournament with stats n so on...

Reply #185625 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Yeah exactly, it might be the most accurate grading of up and coming talent on a national level, but what is?

Reply #185634 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Look up Ian Stacker's All Star Scouting site. You'll have to pay up for the info though.

Reply #185636 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754