Years ago

Tight at the ABL top - Coaching will decide

Its the mid way point of the ABL season and the top 5 in the men reads as

Norwood
North
Forestville
South
Woodville

It feels like last season as i am certain it was the same minus sturt this time last year.

What do people think though about the top 3?
Norwood again look like favorites by a nose maybe, and there is a lot of hype about Forestville but the defending champs sit second without any real talk about them.

The top end is very tight and i believe that its going to come down to coaching more than ever to determine who will get the crown when it matters most, as all squads have talented players. So who do people back in that instance? Sapwell, Schueller or Simons?

Thoughts people and be constructive, dont want this to be a shit canning instance!

Topic #15868 | Report this topic

Years ago

It will be decided by the players.
A coach is only as good as the players around him/her.

Reply #186792 | Report this post

peewee  
Years ago

Pero could be trump card for eagles

Reply #186793 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I don't know where Pero is going to fit in at the Eagles. They have both Oakley and Hoban playing well, so who's minutes is he going to take? I would be disappointed if Andy took minutes off of Hoban after the way he's playing.

Reply #186795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haydon has left...there is 15-20 mins, then probably 5 mins from both Oakley and Dougie...thats 25-30. Don't think he will play any more than that...and if so, won't be at Hobans expense!

Reply #186816 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I don't even remember Dougie hitting the court last night!

Reply #186831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther, apparently he didn't play due to work comittments.

Reply #186841 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I think the big story isn't the top 3 but the next 2. South and Woodville have surprised a lot of people this year and it is really good to see them mixing it up with the best. I would have picked them both to be in the bottom 3 or 4 sides but they are really both excelling as units.

South have had some dismal years so good to see them back where they belong - near the top.

Reply #186862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:59 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754