ducks and drakes
Years ago

If winning % matters why do we ...

Q - premiership tables for local district show premiership points (ie 3 for a win, 2 draw, 1 for a loss and 0 for a forfeit) - and tables during the season are based on the accumulation of these points.

Then all of a sudden we then re jig the ladders based on winning % of games won / games played due to uneven byes.

Why not have winning % as the factor all season for deciding the ladder - it is very misleading.

i.e - team 1

plays 16 games

1 bye, wins 10, loses 5 = 35 premiership points and 75% winning ratio.

i.e team 2

plays 11 games after coming into season late

1 bye, wins 8, loses 2 = 26 premiership points and 80% winning ratio.

team 1 finishes season 3rd ,team 2 sits 7th all season due to late start and lower premiership points - but gets final 5 spot due to higher winning % ratio.

Topic #16134 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So, your team was Team 1 then??????

Reply #190016 | Report this post

ducks and drakes  
Years ago

what i am on about is ...

all season the table is shown as the highest teams with premiership points for positions.

but then come finals time the tables are all rejigged and you can drop from 3rd to 6th due to winning % being lower from less byes or a team starting 3-4 weeks late into our grade.

Reply #190131 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:36 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754