Basketball
Years ago

Camp for aspiring US College Athletes

Whether you are interested in honing your skills or finding out all about going to a US College this is the basketball camp for you.

The camp is organized by former College, NBL & ABA player Ricky Simpson and features a very special guest coach in Brannon Hays. Brannon is the head coach at Metro State University in Denver and was an Assistant Coach at Metro State and the Adelaide 36ers to Mike Dunlap (Mike was assistant Coach with the Denver Nuggets last year).This camp is organized for the benefit of basketball players from all clubs locally and interstate. The camp will be held on July 14th, 15th and 16th at one of the best basketball facilities in the state, Starplex. Guest coaches will include Ricky, Jumping Joe Hurst, and North Adelaide Rockets ABL premiership Coach Justin Schueller.

Brannon will to help you develop your on court skills and give you honest advice on making it in the USA College system on a scholarship.

Brannon's school currently features a number of Australians on the roster including Daniel Bass, Hayden Smith, Jesse Wagstaff. Current NBL players David Barlow, Luke Kendall, Mark Worthington, Drew Williamson also attended Metro State.

Although this is a camp primarily for under 18's and 20's who are serious about college opportunities and learning from a highly credentialed coach it is not all doom and gloom for the under 14's and 16's. The Coaches have reserved two courts for the keen and motivated young guns that thrive on this type of intense level camp.

Please see the flyer attached (or on the web, click here) or Contact Ricky Simpson on P:(08) 85220659 to reserve your spot.

Topic #16275 | Report this topic

BigPoppa  
Years ago

What a great way for the kids to be educated on what its like going to the US to play basketball. I'll be sending my kids there to help them decide if thats what they want to do. All I can say is I hope they aspire to make it over there and I can get them out of the house soon :)

Reply #191948 | Report this post

PetrolCosts  
Years ago

The only problem is its all the way in Starplex. sif I want to drive all the way out there in my hols.

Reply #192033 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Fri 3 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754