Who Me?
Years ago

Panthers Men in play-offs

South defeated Centrals 99/97 on a Danny Kosmider basket with 1.8 sceconds left, to guarantee a Finals berth for the Panthers.

South did lead by 14 about haflway through the last quarter, but centrals wouldn't go down without a huges fight, even though their play-off aspirations were basically over.

Topic #16301 | Report this topic

Denny....

Reply #192056 | Report this post

pewee  
Years ago

same thing happened last night, Lions down 31 to flames. apart from the first quarter Lions won the other 3.

6th loss now by 9 or under for the northerners.

whitmore must be pulling out the little hair he has left.

Reply #192071 | Report this post

I love ABL  
Years ago

This will be the first time since 1999 that the Panthers will see post season action...well done!

Reply #192099 | Report this post

just a thought  
Years ago

Well done to the Panthers on their narrow win, but it would have been a heart breaker for them after losing an 18 point lead over the tenacious Lions.
As a Lions supporter though I have to say it has been great watching them gel as a team over the year. A nicer bunch of guys you couldn't hope to meet. They have a couple of great captains who lead from the front and some real workhorses who just put out week in week out.
There are some teams in the comp who may have the talent but are arrogant about it; some teams just have players you love to hate beacuse they seem to think the court is their stage and they complain/over-act/sook about every little thing (eg Williams from South as a case in point)Then there are teams like the Lions who just love the game and play as a TEAM.
Well done boys- you may have missed out on finals action this year, but there is always another game, another season just around the corner!

Reply #192179 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

"Well done boys- you may have missed out on finals action this year"

What do you mean THIS year?

Have they even played in finals at all since Trimmingham played for them??

Reply #192189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a thought - how are those sour grapes tasting anyway?

Reply #192194 | Report this post

just a thought  
Years ago

Anonymous- too scared to have a name- there was no sour grapes intended, although having just re-read what I wrote I can see where you may have thought my comment about the other teams may have been sour grapes- not at all. If you read the first few words of my post you will see that- "Well done to the Panthers", although you would probably read that as sarcasm- it was not.
Similarly I was not trying to say that the Lions are the only nice guys around- there are lots of nice guys- then there are the others.....

Reply #192307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754