Don't everyone go and get their knickers in a knot over this signing. Let's remember that before last season Cairns were widely tipped to win the whole show, then the season came around and they didn't get close to challenging.
Let's have a look at their roster:
1. They've replaced Jawai with Crosswhite (that's a big subtraction),
2. Mee - what 37-38 now?
3. Abney - had a VERY disappointing season last year
4. DT - Injured a lot and also very disappointing for much of the season, his shots just weren't falling
5. Cat - still a gun, but like Mee, he's gonna be heading off to bingo nite at the retirement village soon
6. Boodnikoff - has had ONE good season in his entire career
7. Cook - showed a lot of promise last year, and will likely have to play 20-25 mpg given Mee's ages
8. Vale - kid can light it up, but if I'm not mistaken, he's tiny
Who am I forgetting ... oh Black, that douchebag, is there a more selfish player in this league, outside of Sir Shane?
Now I might be wrong, but there's a lot of if's surrounding this team, and Jawai's loss is such a big one, I just can't see them being any better than 5th-6th or so.