DB5
Years ago

Julius Hodge Blog on HoopsHype

Okay, for all the Julius Hodge watchers, I was surfing around and noticed that he has a blog on HoopsHype.com. Here is the link for those interested..

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/hodge/2008/08/02/shooting-for-a-comeback/

Obviously not as entertaining as Agent Zero, but I thought some might appreciate it..

Topic #16709 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

saw that as well, fair bit of tiger talk in the comments as well.

Reply #196551 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

After opening up yet another topic on Julius Hodge, it had me wondering how many there have been. It got me thinking, "are people not yet yet Hodged out". Just how much can you read on this one player before you get sick of it? I pose this question to anyone who has shown an interest to Hodge and cares to answer. Judging by my collection below, it seems just about everyone who posts on this forum.

Topics
Julius Hodge Blog on HoopsHype
DB5, Mon, 4 Aug - Reads: 41

Hodge unlikely
justin, Wed, 30 Jul - Reads: 1200 32 replies
Latest: Aug 1

If Hodge gets signed elsewhere...
Crazy24, Thu, 24 Jul - Reads: 533 11 replies
Latest: Jul 25

Tigers still after Julius Hodge
Gaze.com.au, Tue, 22 Jul - Reads: 714 16 replies
Latest: Jul 23

If Julius does come back ...
Jordan, Sun, 13 Jul - Reads: 644 21 replies
Latest: Jul 16

Hodge Watch Continued..
skip, Thu, 10 Jul - Reads: 840 33 replies
Latest: Jul 13

Newley or Hodge who would you prefer?
Kent Brockman, Wed, 9 Jul - Reads: 713 28 replies
Latest: Jul 11

36ers website - no Hodge
Jack Toft, Wed, 9 Jul - Reads: 527 10 replies
Latest: Jul 25

Julius Hodge Summer League watch
yay!, Sun, 6 Jul - Reads: 1057 28 replies
Latest: Jul 9

So, Hodge wasn't drafted......
Spinner, Fri, 27 Jun - Reads: 1013 15 replies
Latest: Jul 3

Today's Advertiser: Julius Hodge news
the_champ33, Mon, 16 Jun - Reads: 871 15 replies
Latest: Jun 18

36ers Import Spot - clock's ticking
Soulman, Tue, 10 Jun - Reads: 722 14 replies
Latest: Jun 12

New York Daily News article on Hodge
skip, Mon, 9 Jun - Reads: 478 4 replies
Latest: Jun 12

Nets interested in Hodge?
Beantown, Fri, 6 Jun - Reads: 576 8 replies
Latest: Jun 8

Hypothetical - Hodge makes NBA, then what?
skip, Mon, 19 May - Reads: 1176 51 replies
Latest: May 21

Interesting fact about Julius Hodge and Chris Paul
Bored, Fri, 16 May - Reads: 529 11 replies
Latest: May 16

Hodge or no Hodge, I'm renewing
Corey, Thu, 15 May - Reads: 783 19 replies
Latest: May 19

Hodge Tigers back up plan
, Thu, 15 May - Reads: 678 17 replies
Latest: May 16

The Collected Wit and Wisdom of Julius Hodge
skip, Mon, 12 May - Reads: 595 6 replies
Latest: May 14

Reply #196552 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Got a little bit of time on your hands EC?

Reply #196554 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why open it then EC?

Reply #196555 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There are other ones . I put ' Hodge favours Phil, on ch7 news ' When we sign replacement it will slow down. But will be interested to see if he gets New Jersey Nets gig. Then what we will do when Ballinger naturalises.

Reply #196556 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

You wouldn't be a striking teacher, would you EC?

Reply #196558 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I have no problem reading another topic on Hodge. While it seems we wont get Hodge anymore it is still interesting to hear how he is going.

If you don't want to read another Hodge post then don't open it. Also it was an interesting blog by Hodge to read so I appreciate DB5 posting the link!

Reply #196559 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

No probs KingJames.

Noticed a comment by skip on there, is that our world famous skip from HoopsSa?

Reply #196561 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

World Famous? Hardly, Im barely a Z grade celebrity in my own street.

Reply #196566 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Don't be modest skip, surely all the time in front of the camera for Seal'd has come to fruition and landed you celeb status.

Reply #196571 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Skip, you're bigger than Bob Neil !

Reply #196573 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

DB5 - Well, it was apparently out of myself and Daniel MacPherson for the hosting gig on Dancing with the Stars. In the end, the money wasn't good enough for me though.

Speaking of Seal'd, do people think it is worth while trying to get it going again?

Reply #196578 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

ha ha, maybe dinner with Sonia Kruger as the compensation..

Yeah, Seal'd would be good to go again, as someone who doesn't see behind the scenes, I found them a good laugh. I enjoyed seeing the inner workings of the club ie. trainings, tour of the stadium, informal chats with the players..

Reply #196580 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DB5, if I didn't open it, I would have had to start yet another topic. As for time on my hands, it took a whole 3 minutes to search Hodge and copy and paste the information.

Reply #196594 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

But EC, the real question is - what's your point?

Reply #196596 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

Skip...

as someone way out of town, i would love to see "seald" again...any info is good info to those of us starved of it.

re celebrity.... we are all awaiting the infamous "sealD sex tape" involving a couple of the seals and (if my sources are true)murray magpie?? All filmed in the back of what appears to be red ferrari?
:)

Reply #196598 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

me - You would have to ask Bizzy or Booga about that one.
It would appear my profile is high enough without me having to resort to doing a Paris. :-)

Reply #196599 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

do a Britney then skip!

me, great work....

Reply #196603 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

skip there is not one man sick enough to want to tape me doing the nasty!!!!

plus can u honestly see my fat ass fitting into the back of a ferrari.

Reply #196605 | Report this post

Austocam United  
Years ago

thedoctor,

EC's point is that now she can't complain about Ninnis and his recruiting instead of admitting she was wrong she now has to find something else to bitch about.

I am personally looking forward to the post which tells me what Julius had for lunch.

Also I heard rumours that Hodge was caught looking at the Tiger cage at the zoo which means his signing to the Melbourne Tigers is secured.

Reply #196609 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

thedoctor, my point is trying to find out if anyone else is sick of reading about Hodge yet. I can't think of any other player who has had this much written about them in a short time. I appreciate there are people who can't get enough of him. I am not here to criticise that.

Autocam United, what gave you the idea that I could no longer complain about Ninnis if I wanted to. This has nothing at all to do with that so I don't know why you bring it up. I don't go looking for scapegoats. I think I give relatively fair opinions in that I give credit where it is due. I don't just sit back and criticise for the sake of criticising. Its true I had a problem with the time Ninnis was prepared to wait for Hodge although I had no problem at all if Hodge agreed to sign a contract. Its also true I had a problem with recruiting too many inexperienced players. I look at our roster and I don't have too much confidence when we face the likes of Melbourne Tigers and South Dragons. Even if just 2 teams stand in our way of a championship, that's 2 teams too many. If everyone is happy to come out 3rd best, then good for you. If its any consolation, I am quite excited about half of our roster and wouldn't give up those players for anyone else in the league.

Reply #196624 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Hodge was spotted with Seamus McPeake, eating lunch in a diner in New Jersey.

Seamus apparently fitted right in with the typical American given his size, and it was only the briefcase full of cash with "PAYMENT FOR CONSULTING FOR MCPEAKE AND DEFINITELY NOT FOR PLAYING FOR THE MELBOURNE TIGERS" written on the outside of it that he gave to Hodge after he signed an NBL contract.

Just thought you'd like to know, Austocam United.

Reply #196626 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

EC - did you give due credit to Ninnis for the signing of Aaron Bruce?

Reply #196628 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I am not familiar with Aaron Bruce.

Reply #196632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't think she has to. Any argument may stand alone and, IIRC, hers in the recent past was that she was not out and out confident regarding the signings of Hill and Kersten. While I think they should do OK and like watching both of them play, I don't think questions or some tentative support of those signings is outrageous.

And before a critic of the last post emerges, it's hardly a crime to be a fan of the 36ers, like talking about them, but not know much about Aaron Bruce.

I also think that Julius, like Dusty, gets a tonne of attention on here. It's easy to understand as both have been popular imports for the club. Can be annoying but so be it.

Reply #196640 | Report this post

Austocam United  
Years ago

And that EC says all it all really.

So you are not happy to settle for second with Ninnis but was fine with 10th or 11th with Phil?

Reply #196645 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

No 10th or 11th with Phil was unacceptable but I did have some reservations as to whether Phil was entirely to blame. There was the problem with the Privatisation of the 36ers 2 years ago and the budget set down by the government for that year. Then last year he was faced with a high level of injuries which were beyond his control. I would never have entirely discounted Phil as a good coach because he has won 3 championships for the 36ers. I didn't doubt at all that he would continue winning championships if the circumstances hadn't changed. Now before we go to another argument about Phil winning championships while breeching salary cap rules, lets just say its been an even playing field of champions since then.

Reply #196646 | Report this post

alan westo  
Years ago

What salary cap?

Reply #196652 | Report this post

Austocam United  
Years ago

Who cares about ten years ago? If you don't want injuries why recruit a bunch of retirees? If money is a problem why spend $100K on Wheeler and offer Ingles less than minimum? When was the last time Phil ever had a quality young free agent want to play for him? Now our problem is that we have too deep a roster and the same circumstances Phil recruited under last year.

EC, get on board and drop the negativity or get left behind.

Reply #196660 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

What negativity? Most of my comments on this topic have been favourable. In fact my very first comment on this topic was not intended negatively. I just wanted to know if people were sick of reading so much about Hodge. "Who cares about 10 years ago?" Its actually 6 and credit should be given where credit is due. Its relevant because it actually sets up a confidence base in the previous coach's ability and his track record. He may have lost interest over the last couple of years, but hey, I am good at my job but I have been there more than 10 years and I am starting to lose interest as well. Changes are continually made in organisations and those changes do not always agree with the employee.

Reply #196675 | Report this post

#23 FOREVER  
Years ago

JULIUS HODGE IS JUST AN ALL AROUND BAD CATCH...HENCE, THE REASON WHY HE'S IN AU! HIS GAME IS AVERAGE, HE HAS NO PERSONALITY, HIS ATTITUDE SUCKS AND THE NETS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO SEE THAT HE IS A LIABILITY. HE FUCKED UP HIS CHANCES WITH THE NETS WHEN HE WENT TO UK/FRANCE. HE BELONGS IN AUSTRALIA WHERE NOBODY CARES AND CAN SEE HIM. WHAT A LOSER!!!!!!! I AGREE WITH EC LETS NOT WASTE ANYMORE TIME ON THIS IDIOT.

Reply #223214 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:04 am, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754