baller
Years ago

Beijing Olympics - Opening Ceremony

Just a comment on the Aussies uniform at the opening ceremony, how crap were they!! They were the worst uniforms I have ever seen, I didnt realise we were trying to look like the Greeks. A simple yellow t-shirt and green pants would have looked 100 percent better.

Topic #16780 | Report this topic

steve  
Years ago

yeah i thought it was a little odd as well

our national colours ar green and gold, why wear blue?

Reply #197560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Especially a blue gloss track suit. Most of the uniforms were really average actually.

Thoughts on the opening performances before the athletes entered?

Reply #197575 | Report this post

rotate on this  
Years ago

I am sure if the women wore those uniforms on the return home they would be getting alot of " what terminal is flight 76 ? " .

Reply #197576 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Appreciated the reply, this morning, more than last night, when tired. On radio the comments were all good, but with the cost of billions, whether better to have it permanently in Athens, rather than countries spending so much to outdo each other.

Reply #197577 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Thought the opening ceremony itself was stunning. Executed perfectly by the 1000s of performers.
Gold Medal Worthy :-)

Reply #197581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Opening ceremony cured my insomnia. Yawn. Low key, boring as. What was done was done well but paint drying was better.

Reply #197582 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754