Axe
Years ago

Great NBA comeback

Can anyone remember a great NBA come from behind basically won by a player off his own back in the last minute or two. he kept stealing the ball and jacking 3's. I just cannot remember who it was and google just gives me the McGrady game. It was quite some time a go. maybe in the 90's? Might have been detroit? Thanks

Topic #16910 | Report this topic

It was Mcgrady vs the Spurs back in 04 05. Came from something like 13 down with a minute to go.

Reply #199128 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

No, not that one. Was way before that.

Reply #199131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not reggie miller against knicks

Reply #199133 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reggie Miller is my guess.

The Pacers won 47 games that year and then went all the way to the Eastern Conference Finals. In the playoffs, Miller averaged 23.2 ppg but his performance in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals against the New York Knicks may well be remembered as his coming out party as it cemented the belief that with Miller on the floor, the Pacers seem to always have a chance to pull out a victory.

In that game, Miller dropped 25 points in the fourth quarter - hitting 5 of 5 from three-point range - to lead Indiana to a 93-86 comeback victory at Madison Square Garden. Miller exchanged barbs with filmmaker Spike Lee and renowned Knicks fan at courtside during the barrage of points.
Also:
But his defining moment as clutch performer may have come in Game 1 of the conference semifinals in New York. The Pacers were down by 6 with 16.9 seconds when Miller hit a three. He stole the inbound pass and dribbled behind the three point arc to sink another one to tie the game. After the Knicks missed two free-throws, Miller sank two for the final margin of victory of 107-105.

In a span of 8.9 seconds, Miller scored 8 points. The crowd and the basketball world were stunned.
And against Chicago:
After dropping two close games in Chicago, the Pacers made Memorial Day Weekend memorable with two thrilling home wins.

Miller, whose playoff performance moments heroics have defined his fine career, scored 13 of his 28 points in the final four and half minutes of the 107-105 Game 3 win, despite a sprained ankle.
Was one of these what you were thinking of?

Reply #199134 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

Sounds like reggie miller's 8 points in 8 seconds against the knicks, its up on you tube if you search for reggie.

The pacers were down 6 late and Reggie hit a 3 then stole the inbounds pass and ran out to the three point line to nail another three to tie it up. The pacers then stupidly fouled starks who choked and missed both free throws but then reggie got fouled on the rebound by the knicks and sunk 2 free throws to win the game.

This was the first game of the 1995 eastern conference semi finals which the Pacers went on to win.

I've actually got the dvd of this whole game but its actually quite uneventful till the last 20 seconds or so apart from a fight between antonio Davis and Derek Harper.

Reply #199135 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

maybe 94 Denver v Utah
Denver were down by 9 with about a minute left Rodney rodgers hit 3 consecutive 3 pointers after 2 robert pack inbound steals.
However during the celebration John Stockton went down and hit a jumper to give Utah the win

Reply #199138 | Report this post

Oden08  
Years ago

Reggiw would've been my first guess too. But also try Rodney Rogers - he did something similar I think

Reply #199139 | Report this post

The Minx  
Years ago

Ah well, looks like isaac beat me to it ;)

Reply #199140 | Report this post

beaniebear  
Years ago

What about Sabonis, he hit something like three 3's within the last 17 seconds (I think) in a game for Russia to get the win.

Reply #199144 | Report this post

Axe  
Years ago

Cheers guys, it was Rodney Rogers I was thinking of....I happened to forget the bit about them losing in the end though. I think it was Malone who hit a jumper for the win. Here is the vid...although it doesn't show the winning basket.

Reply #199147 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

ive got the game on VHS off channel 10 quiet some years ago John Stockten hit a baseline jumper to give Utah the win

Reply #199158 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I'd still love to see the final quarter of that 6ers comback against Perth in Perth ... 26pts down at 3qtr time ..

Reply #199159 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

What about that time that Tim Brenton just went absolutely off his head for about 3 minutes just nailing 3s from the carpark. Amazing shooter but could never stay healthy enough to be on the court.

Reply #199311 | Report this post

LA Boy  
Years ago

My favourite was a Lakers v Dallas game back in 2003 when we came back from like a 30+ deficit and won the game!!! And I was THERE!!!

Reply #199378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754