bluey
Years ago

36ers game night: Was tonight a dress rehearsal?

Was tonight a dress rehearsal or was that really the first game of the year?

PA System was bad!!!!!!
Lack of Dancers performance
Murray came in the last seconds of the quarter time break
Music was inaudible and louder than the cheering
Did I mention the PA was bad!!!

I know many of the people are volunteers but volunteers can be professional too

Topic #17384 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Was the new sound system used?

Reply #204539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think it was too bad !

Would be nice to see the crowd grow as the boys get on a roll !

Reply #204540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New sound system was used, but the music was turned up at half time and it was so load it was distorted.

To hear the court side announcer, they had to turn the music completely off whenever he spoke...

Reply #204543 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

bring back neil , thought i was at the wrestling with the announcer

Reply #204545 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

It was the 3rd qtr, for about two minutes when it was way too loud , for too long.. other than that, the families around me , enjoyed it all.

Reply #204548 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

yeah the sound levels were real bad, did they even turn the mic on for the anthem? also jan and laura were hard to hear where i was. I think the levels are set for a male voice with more bass and so their vocals did not carry as well. The clip at the start of the game was WAY too loud. The good thing is that the game was great but its just annoying that they have all offseason to work this stuff out.

Reply #204550 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Just so you know the sound system instalation was finished at around 5pm.

I woud expect a better sound come Wednesday

Reply #204556 | Report this post

hereschenes  
Years ago

+1 on the sound levels. Everything sounded basically like an elephant farting underwater. Couldn't make out hardly a word that anyone said.

Just sayin'.

Reply #204557 | Report this post

Curious George  
Years ago

From where I was sitting the scoreboard told me we were playing Ownsville

Reply #204560 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

new sound system was mega loud...
We know the court side announcer told him we could barely hear him. But the crowd really got into it so trying to hear him or the music was challenging..

Reply #204582 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey guys
There were some definite issues with the sound. From where I was, it was difficult to tell whether is was too loud or quiet for the rest of the stadium. Rest assured we should hopefully have it tweaked and set much btter for Wednesday nights game.

Reply #204601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention the fact that it's impossible to see what's on the screen. How much longer do we have to watch footage of a championship team that won so many years ago?

Reply #204602 | Report this post

T.O. Slammer  
Years ago

The new court side announcer sounded boring. No zip, no excitement to his voice. I hope he gets better.

The roving announcer - can't the 36ers give him a decent pair of pants to wear? He dresses like shit. He looks like they dragged him out of the gutter. A slob.

Reply #204607 | Report this post

Who cares what those teams did all those years ago, why do we need to see that footage just prior to the game? Yeah the whole intros stunk.

And for those sitting opposite the benches that lighting was blinding. Gotta wear a cap with the visor down if you want to sit courside.

And all that Grandfather rock blaring out? no one heard of the fresh new sounds??

Reply #204609 | Report this post

gomez  
Years ago

Gee, there 36ers have a great win, so you people will just do their best to try and find something else to complain about.

Surprised EC hasnt had a crack about something. Im sure if the sixers lost she would have been first on here.

Reply #204610 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

It will be really good when we get the new cube promised last year!!!

Is that still going to happen, or is that as real as the NBL salary cap?!

Reply #204611 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i think the cube went back when eddie needed the cash. I was glad they even got a sound system.

Reply #204612 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

yeah wat happened to that damn cube we were promised?

Reply #204626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a bunch of never happy, complaining w@#&^*s!!

Reply #204633 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I reckon it was too cold a day to have the game on. Cant sixers management get anything right?

Reply #204635 | Report this post

BR  
Years ago

I thought last night was very well done. The video introduction before the game was great, without going over the top. Agree the sound system was far from perfect but Skip etc have acknowledged that and will endevour to improve before the next game. I personally cant ask anymore than that.

Overall a good job and a promising start by the team.

Reply #204646 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

If the 36ers get a win like last night for every home game, nothing needs to change. Who cares about the stupid sound system, the bad lighting, the scoreboard and the fact that the dancers only performed 2 routines. If it served the team well, it served the spectators well also. God, I'd even put up with the new boring announcer.

Reply #204676 | Report this post

vega  
Years ago

game was awesome, real exciting for the season ahead! music was loud yeah but seriously some of u r being way too critical of the new court announcer. to my info he's been doing ABL the past few seasons and to make the jump from 40-50 people per game to 4000+ would be pretty daunting id imagine! i surely couldnt do it... dunno bout any of u. i honestly think he wasnt that great, but he wasnt bad either! i totally agree with gomez, r u all sure the court was regulation size? were the sixers uniforms "sixer-y" enough? geez

Reply #204789 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Agree should not complain got a real competitive team and a coach that wants to actually coach and teach players to play defensive and offensive team game with system . great times ahead. Lets do what we can to lift the crowd numbers .
My thoughts in that regard is the new court announcer is not as good or entertaining as previous and if you nhave a mascot has to do something.
it is not hard or costly to put something on at half time.

Reply #204895 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:09 am, Sun 5 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754