thedoctor
Years ago

The Sports Guy NBA Preview

http://linky.com.au/aiyu4

Always an interesting read, Bill Simmons is back with his unique season preview. Some great insights into each team and predictions out of left field, as well as pop-culture analogies for various NBA scenarios including this one, explaining Denver's $60M extension of Nene's contract two seasons ago:

"What is a sunk cost? In financial terms, it's a lost cause -- you're paying for something that lost its value to you. Let's say I spent $200 on one of those beautiful six-foot-high, glass-blown water bongs and named it Barack Obonga. And let's say I smoked a little too much of the special hydro weed they give to cancer patients, decided someone was watching me through my front window, ran outside in my underwear with a baseball bat, and eventually spent the next two hours sitting in a tree waiting for the imaginary guy to come back before my neighbors called the police. And let's say the whole experience made me say, "You know what? I need to quit smoking pot, it's making me a little crazy." Maybe I'd try to sell the bong on craigslist to no avail, and none of my friends would take it because there's nothing grosser than owning someone else's bong. At that specific point, Barack Obonga would become a sunk cost; that money is out the window. It's gone. I need to accept this fact and move on."

Barack Obonga - I'd vote for him.

Topic #17839 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Haha wouldnt we all!

Reply #209323 | Report this post

johnny sack  
Years ago

How about this one...

L. The Gay-Mayo Era in Memphis. One of my favorite eras of all time. I don't even care how it ends.

... and we thought we were gypped when Gay-Love was swiped away from us...

Reply #209325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bout this- Sac Kings have a terrible season, decide to move to San Fran. Which player would be on the top of their recruitment list? San Fran being the Gay capital of the world...

Reply #209326 | Report this post

boo-urns  
Years ago

id love some gay mayo

Reply #209333 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:06 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754