anonie..
Years ago

BSA District Comp Survey?

Does anybody know the outcome or recommendations made as a result of BSA's District competition survey that was sent out on 21/7/08?

Topic #17999 | Report this topic

anonue  
Years ago

sshhhh it a secret.....

Reply #211261 | Report this post

HotRod  
Years ago

Good point. If you want feedback from people, people want to know it is taken seriously.

I am going to email BSA, hope you do too.

Reply #211318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, I don't know for sure as I'm not one of the higher ups, but due to the structure of the competition this year, I'd guess...

- lots of people indicated they wanted the summer season to end before Christmas.
- lots of people indicated to use the summer season as a grading season. As a result a lot of the non div 1 grades have 16 teams in them, which app. will be pruned back to the usual 12 for winter season.

I wouldn't necessarily say that just because we haven't heard anything, that it has been blatantly ignored. Both of the above were options that differed "from the norm/current" and were available on the feeback form. I'd rather have my chance to have my say than no chance at all.

Reply #211320 | Report this post

Hey  
Years ago

Hey yea, I filled out the survey and am pretty annoyed no results have been published. Its always good when you complete a survey to see what the results were.

Last time I will waste my time on this kind of thing if they cant even follow up with a report on the results. Typical work by this Competitions Committee that put out the survey - USELESS

Reply #211321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah you're much better utilizing that time whinging on the forum....

Reply #211328 | Report this post

anonie..  
Years ago

It could be that the BSA has every intention of providing outcomes on the survey, but need to time to ratify the changes. It would be good though, at the very least,if at least some proposals could be communicated or what direction they plan to take.
Open lines of communication and transparency does help lessen criticism/fault finding.

I am keen to find out if the Div One comp will remain the same. Whether the Div 1/2 comp will be considered district "elite" , and what it means for Div 3 and below in regards to "Regionalisation"
(We all had the chance to complete the survey so please limit the negativity!!.)

Reply #211333 | Report this post

Hey  
Years ago

Anonie that shouldn't stop them from releasing the actual results. Not so much the outcomes. At least if we see the results then we can have some insight into why decisions are made on whatever outcome they come up with.

Reply #211334 | Report this post

Catty  
Years ago

Haven't released the review from last years State Champs either. That was over 6 months ago.

Reply #211340 | Report this post

Outcomes Please  
Years ago

Can someone at BSA pulleese release the outcomes from the survey - there have been subtle changes implemented and yet no official word has been forthcoming, and I feel there is going to be a bit of a shakeup come winter season regarding the Divisions that are fielding 15/16 teams with 2 pools.

Reply #212564 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Sat 11 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754