fred
Years ago

Tyndale gone - official news from 36ers

Official press release

"Mark's a great young kid and fitted in exceptionally well with our group. He's been a victim of circumstance as we never recruited him to be 'the man' and take over games. We felt that with a 100% healthy line-up that he'd compliment our group perfectly. But due to the player absences we've had throughout the season, we feel we need to recruit a player that has the ability to take control of the situation when the team is not at full strength".

Topic #18043 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Reply #211770 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

About time. Listed on NBL website.
So who's in line to be signed?
Is Hodge coming back?

Reply #211772 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Not happy :-(

Reply #211773 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Why's that Dicko?

Reply #211774 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Aw my goodness.. didn't think they would.
Thought he looked outta place, here at the Spirit game, then mentioned in NBL player of the week, last week.. thought they might work with him a bit longer.

Reply #211775 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Step on down Mr Hodge

Reply #211776 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think this will prove to be a good move with the right replacement - well done to those who made the decision (and paid for it!). Many of us were critical last season on the time taken to pull the pin on Chappell, so it's right to commend those involved this time around on giving Tyndale a decent shot, but not dragging their feet.

Reply #211777 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Raises the question does he play next game?

Reply #211778 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hodge, he'd give this group all they need.

Reply #211781 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Excellent work by the coaching staff! Tyndale was given enough opportunities however didn't produce when required.

It takes courage to cut someone however it shows the coaching staff will do everything in its power to make this season successful.

Hopefully Tyndale bounces back and that this isn't the end of his basketball career. Good luck Tyndale!

Reply #211783 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Hodge is out of our price range! So don't be hopeful that, that is happening!

I was thinking if this was in the cards that they would get him to play on Sunday and then let him go. However perhaps they are looking forward and want to give Hill and others extended minutes instead. So its probably a good idea.

Reply #211784 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Maybe not out of our price range. Whoever we get is only gonna be here for 4 months rather than a full 7 months. As unlikely as it is, I wouldnt rule him out. AFAIK, he aint doing much right now.

Reply #211785 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Only because it should have been my post, Isaac. :-)

The NBL got that out REAL quick.

Tyndale was only told at 8am.

And based on comments about Hodge back a few weeks ago made by Coach Scotty.....I don't think he'll be heading back to Adelaide. But we'll see ;-)

Reply #211786 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah. They said Hodge was outta their price range.
Just something on here , yesterday, that he's not playing.. now this, and it's not a full season.
Aw well.. I can dream.. how good it would be.

Reply #211787 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Is there any whispers out there at the moment as a replacement (outside of the usual Hodge comments).

If it is Hodge, what are the 36ers currently paying to win it all??? With Hodge on board I'd be very very interested in chucking $100 on them, and it should be paying pretty well at the moment.

Reply #211792 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I think the team has plotted a path for itself to be a slow ball half court team that bangs down low and will torch any post double defenders attempt. To do this we need a gunner to suit up alongside Maher, Bruce, Davo and Hill.

Luke Balls and Jacob can produce in the post so we need to add a dead eye perimeter shooter to complement.

Lets see what happens...

Also- its one thing to say what a team should do in the safety of a forum- its another thing for a team to actually go out and do it. Hats off to the team for making the hard call, from all reports the guy is a standout bloke, but it does send a message that we are focussed in winning basketball games and i like it.

Reply #211793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide is the only team that is yet to record a win against the Blaze

Saw this on NBL.com.au and had to laugh as we get rid of an import and coming up against them again.

Reply #211795 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I happily eat my words. I liked Tinnie, but a courageous move's been made & paid for, as Isaac said. Thanks to all involved.
I wish Tinnie all the best.
I'd love to see Jule's slip into this team. Could he?

Reply #211797 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

TR - Sixers currently $34 with most agencies to win it all.

Reply #211799 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheers skip.... now for the hard question... who's going to leak the name that the 36ers are chasing.

Reply #211800 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, that's just trivia. If we win, but a change to the bigger picture takes place, so be it.

Reply #211803 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

At the risk of sounding silly, i think the sixers should be looking for a Kevin Brooks type player.

Now i know he was a once in a decade import talent, but he would fit us PERFECTLY right now.

Top shelf shooter with a knack for hitting clutch shots and getting mean hot streaks, also long (gigigity) and provides great D.

There must be players out there with awesome skills who have not made it in America or Europe because they are too thin, they have a place with us.

Anyway that really doesn't matter much- sixers wouldn't cut a bloke unless they have a replacement ready to rock.

I bet the value of our dollar is not helping the recruitment process...

Reply #211805 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

Just read the news and pleased with this news.

Well done and a good move by the 36ers.

Hopefully we can lower Hodge's asking price, otherwise let's see who the new import will be.

Reply #211806 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

$34 hhhmmmmmm
may be worth a punt!!

Reply #211808 | Report this post

star  
Years ago

What a croc of sh** why should he have to wear this - why should the performance of the team always fall on the import, brett has not lived up to his performance we are paying him for - resolve this by him stepping down as captain and give it to Ballanger or Davidson.

How pathetic that he has to go, there are few more that need to pull up their socks. You bring him out here to play in the team but due to injuries he has to go. BULL###T!

Just make Boti the coach he has all the pull and maybe yesterday he got into the coaches ear at the book launch!! Strap on a pair Ninnis!!!

Reply #211812 | Report this post

D16  
Years ago

Small link on HoopsHype.com with Hodge's agent suggesting he is returning to the NBL.

Reply #211816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

star i feel exactly the same! there are far worse imports than him! boti should coach seeing he has been in basketball for 30 odd years its pathetic the 36ers organisation!

every player hasnt played to there full all year! they took the easy option

tyndale thanks u are a fine player and i hope to see u on espn one day, was a pleasure to watch u put 120% in every game.

Reply #211817 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

All aboard the BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!

If true it will be a massive boost to the team and supporter base.

He was playing point forward for NJ in summer league so hopefully he can provide some leadership in the 4th Q.
http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/sierra/2008/11/13/hodge-back-to-australia/

Reply #211819 | Report this post

1st here  
Years ago

Congratulations to the Adelaide 36ers
They have signed "Hodge" for the remainder of the season

Should be interesting to see if he is as good as last season now that other teams know more about his game etc

Will be good timing, if Maher and Davo get back to there very best

Reply #211820 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Just beat me to the news - HODGE is back!

Reply #211821 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bye........ I'm heading to ACT TAB with a $100 in the pocket..

Reply #211822 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

star, you can't be serious? The perspective on Tyndale is not just Boti's, it's supported by a number of people. And it's also always been that imports are the most expendable and easily replaced positions in a team.

Stand down Maher as captain in his final year? Wonder what support you'd have on that...

Reply #211824 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Race ya!!!

Reply #211825 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Hodge??? whats the source?? I dont think Hodge would be the best "long term" replacement.

Reply #211826 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

That is awesome news! It kind of makes sense now that it all came so swiftly after Ninnis reported saying that Tyndale needs to improve on thursday, yet then sacks him the next day!

Ninnis for PM! :P

Reply #211827 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

1st here......based on what? Hodge's blog?

Wouldn't be the first time that an american blog has got it totally wrong talking about Australia.

Reply #211828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HoopsHype.com NBA Blogs - Jorge Sierra
Hodge back to Australia

November 13, 2008 @ 11:36 am ยท Filed under Australia, Julius Hodge, Uncategorized

HoopsHype.com blogger Julius Hodge is heading back to Australia after failing to get a roster spot with the New Jersey Nets in training camp, agent Cervando Tejeda told HoopsHype.com.

Hodge is returning to the Adelaide 36ers of the NBL, where he averaged 24.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg and 5.9 apg last season. The team features former NBA player Luke Schenscher.

Reply #211829 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hodge is back ??

Reply #211830 | Report this post

JoeyKnuckles  
Years ago

Jorge Sierra?? Who the @#%* is that??
Dont get your hopes up yet boys. I'll Believe it when i see it on SBS. Les Murry would never lie to me.

Reply #211831 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I got a pineapple with TAB written on it, waiting for confirmation...

Reply #211832 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

As I said....wouldn't be the first time that an blog has got it wrong.

Reply #211833 | Report this post

Shirley Schmidt  
Years ago

Yeah, it was probably meant to read Hodge is heading AUSTRIA. Dumb yanks.

Reply #211834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can someone give us confirmation im about to go shove a wad on them at the TAB

Reply #211836 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Just put $30 on em at $34 to make a nice $1020. Still a long shot, but I reckon the odds will be slashed very soon to under $20.

Reply #211838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to have hodge back, feel very sorry for tyndale especially as its his first gig. That said the move did need to be made and glad we made it.

Reply #211842 | Report this post

the_champ33  
Years ago

The Hodge return is NOT on Adelaide now @ 12:10pm as I check.

Reply #211845 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

"Hodge is returning to the Adelaide 36ers of the NBL, where he averaged 24.6 ppg, 9.1 rpg and 5.9 apg last season. The team features former NBA player Luke Schenscher."

Ummm, that's a very clear statement folks.

Yes its a blog, but I also just heard the 6ers have just placed an order for a new uniform. Can anyone confirm that and the name on the back?

Reply #211846 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

I am a bit unsure how TAB works with this. If i put say $30 on them to win the whole thing and they are paying at $34 now, what happens if they go into the finals hot favourites and they fall to under $20? Will i get a return on the $34 i go for now? or the one that they are at if they win? With Hodge, it is well worth chucking $30 or so on them...

Reply #211847 | Report this post

lethal5  
Years ago

Fan, it's fixed odds!

Reply #211849 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Fan - Yep, Fixed odds with TAB on Sports betting. It will tell you on your ticket exactly what you will win if it comes through.

Get in quick though.

Reply #211851 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

#13 is unlucky for some

Reply #211855 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Request to Dr. Mal:

Could we please get another Ranga?

Reply #211856 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

I tip 36ers to win by 11 in game 5 of the Grand Final series, & Jake to hit the winning shot on the buzzer.

Adelaide's Ferrari dealer runs out of stock, & Isaac gets a Hummer.

Reply #211857 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

This is awesome news. As others have said, well done to the behind-the-scenes people for having the guts to make the hard decision and go thru with it.

Best of luck to Tyndale for the future.

I'm still skeptical about Hodge, but that would be the BEST news in the entire world if true.

Reply #211859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mention of sixer fans complaining about clubs rorting the salary cap now that the sixers are set to sign Hodge?

Reply #211860 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Tsk, what a sarcastic suggestion - barrack for the Tiggers do we?

Reply #211864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry to disappoint - I support Perth

Reply #211866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep, almost as bad as Melbourne!

Reply #211867 | Report this post

Jordan  
Years ago

So you barrack for Perth and you're questioning how WE fit under the cap. Last minute acquisitions Ben Knight and Luke Kendall are on pocket change are they?

Reply #211868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not questioning how the sixers fit under the cap - I'm stating that I find it funny that Adelaide fans complained about a whole lot of teams going over the cap and now they're celebrating getting Hodge who will be getting a lot of money. I couldn't care less if Adelaide (or any other team) are over the cap. It's just double standards. If teams can afford to pay more, good luck to them.

Reply #211871 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Why do you assume he is getting "alot of money" he will only be here for a few months, has stated before he will not play in Europe so anything above the D League $200 per game would be better than what other options he has now.

If he did not like Europe its hard to imagine Asia would be an option for him ( even bigger culture shock) so that leaves us and maybe a Canadian league that he would be happy to play in.

He fitted in last year and no one said boo about the cap why should it be any different today?

Reply #211872 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

That's very sweet of you Anonymous #211871, but Jules was out of work, loves Adelaide & is only playing for part of the season. Do the math.
To tell you the truth, I've long believed that the Tigs would outbid us, would that make your day if it happened? ; )
I love Anonymous posters.
BTW, say G'day to Julian (Beljulian) for me. : )

Reply #211873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the difference between anonymous and DDFan? Why don't you put your full name?

Not sure what you mean with the Julian comment either.

Kent - Ninnis was the one who had previously said that Tyndale was asking a lot of money (whether he gets that or not is another issue). My point is I don't care which teams are over the cap - It's just annoying that so many of you have complained about other teams but don't consider that Adelaide could be.

Reply #211875 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Anon,

I don't think it's that people don't believe Adelaide is over the cap, more so not a blatantly over as some other teams.

IMO no one can claim that their team isn't over the cap, unless you are 1 of the 3 Spirit fans floating around.

Reply #211883 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon, Julian is a WA-based poster on this forum and OzHoops. DD wants you to say hello to them for him. Hope that helps.

Reply #211888 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Yes, because EVERYONE in WA knows each other.

Reply #211896 | Report this post

William 27  
Years ago

it's not that. he just wants to reveal that he has a friend!! well, friend that's not imaginary.

Reply #211900 | Report this post

Cadbury  
Years ago

Poor DICKO, didnt your source help you on this one...? You seem to be in the know all the time, yet this one slipped you by hey....? Loser.

Reply #211910 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

He knows what's happening, just not saying anything about it specifically. I can't believe that anyone would think otherwise on something like this.

Reply #211912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cadbury some people knew this was happening last week.

Reply #211916 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

I Feel sorry for Tyndale as you might imagine but if we have secured Jules then this is a fantastic decision.

We could well jump ahead of Cairns, Gong and Perth by playoff time if this is true.

Hopefully Tyndale gets picked up quick somewhere and has a successful career.

Quagmire/TR, I don't mean to get all 'DDfan' on ya, but can u pick me up on the way to the TAB, it's bloody hot. :P

Reply #211921 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

anon i think there are only 2 teams in the league that could be under the cap Hawks and Spirit.

And having said that, considering that Beveridge stayed in Sydney as the sixers were not prepared to match his salary then that suggests that they may well be paying "market" value for players.

Teams that are blowing the cap away (hello Melbourne, Breakers and Goons) i have an issue with as they cause flow on problems for everyone else as players seek distorted payments.

The teams that are only just over i dont think cause problems as there are a lot of teams in this catergory Perth being one of them.

Reply #211923 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

lol XztatiK at the DDFan joke!

Reply #211924 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

lol..... nice work XztatiK....

It's too far for me and my XR5 to swing past Adelaide from Canberra.

Reply #211930 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Is Cadbury aDDfan???

Reply #211931 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'd say not. Too common a response for DD's style - no hidden jokes.

Reply #211932 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

wait that stuff that DDFan has been posting has supposed to have had jokes in it? I am confused

Reply #211936 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

dd and cadbury could be the same person, but different personalities..

Reply #211938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Met Mark at the Royal Show, happily took a photo holding my baby girl.. nice guy, feel bad for him and wish him the best for his career..

The situation of him having to take the rap for an underperforming local group is frustrating and seems to be what separates us from dare I say the Melbourne and other top teams.. hopefully Hodge can lift this group and carry them up the ladder..

but the whole deja-vu thing of Hodge saving our arse better not become an annual thing, we should be better than that

Reply #211941 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

lol Kent

Reply #211955 | Report this post

Fritz  
Years ago

XztatiK I know you feel sorry for him but really......This should have happened after the Spirit game here a few weeks ago when you defended him after his 8 useless point game with 4 of those in garbage time.

Reply #211961 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...he then went on to win us the gae vs. NZ.

Reply #211983 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

*game, soz.

Reply #211985 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Spose if the sixers hope to sign a replacement in about a week, he might get here in time for the Hawks game 29/11.
( you'd think Hodge is on his way, rather than the above.)

Reply #211992 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

I tip Adelaide to win the next game by 24 with Tyndale hitting the game winner in overtime

Reply #211999 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Good decision, I think they were right in their description, he could be a big player in a few years, but doesnt suit the role we need right now. Pity for him hopefully he can find somewhere to build his confidence and leadership.

Reply #212033 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

cant believe your questioning DICKO cadbury , you been living under a rock for te last few years have you

Reply #212049 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Hey Thomo, don't stress (I respect the Thomo) mate, cadbury's a mug & a 1/2 of rich fool cream schmulk.
Not that I give a shit about flak directed my way, but I know DICKO's source (it's legit), DICKO knows I know DICKO's source (aked I not reveal), & I'm decent enough to not blab. In my easy-going world, but not holding out for it, DICKO to confirm.
Slightly related postings that:
cadburey=DDFan.
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
You gotta love this site. : )

Reply #212284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:44 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754