Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Seeking information on Joe Nixon

I'm going to post this on Ozhoops as well, but am starting locally because I can.

I'm hoping some forumgoers may know something of a US hoopster called Joe Nixon, who played for the Kalamunda Eastern Suns in the WA State League recently.

I'm after feedback of his game, both positive and negative, and/or any other relevant information on him, from anyone who may have seen him play while he was here.

Topic #18182 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

new pioneer Bo?

Reply #213801 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I've got a newish TV of theirs, yes, Kent. They do make a good telly.

Reply #213803 | Report this post

shin splints  
Years ago

I played against Nixon this past SBL season in WA. He dropped 56 against us in a 129-120 win. Pretty much unstoppable that game, running high screen and rolls and either driving to the hoop or taking the three. Had a decent handle, but didn't like being pressured in the back court. He ended up averaging around 30ppg, but Kalamunda missed out on a playoff spot by a couple of games.

Reply #213813 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Thank you shin splints. Any other feedback on Nixon gladly welcomed.

FWIW, Nixon not under consideration by the Pioneers or any other Australian team AFAIK.

Reply #213815 | Report this post

Hood 72  
Years ago

Expect to see Nixon suiting for next year.

Reply #213832 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754