VC fan
Years ago

Under 20 or Under 21 Mens?

Heard alot of talk at the end of the winter season and through summer that as of this winter season, the under 20's mens comp will change to under 21's, in line with the womens comp. Anyone know if this is still going ahead or was it just a rumour?

Topic #18723 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the U20 men's comp was relatively strong and the issue with the Women's U20 comp was attracting enough players so the need to open the comp up to more potential participants.

Reply #221477 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

no go for the winter season. It would have been stupid to bring it in for winter as all the teams are already set.
AFAIK it will come in for next summer season

Reply #221502 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Was voted down 9 - 1 at last meeting, but will likely be re-tabled again next season ...

Would like to see it happen, as aligns us with other states, and gives a player an extra 12mths development as part of transition to ABA/Mens ...

Reply #221580 | Report this post

tank  
Years ago

when is the u/20 state to be annonced

Reply #221597 | Report this post

Years ago

see after saturday.

i understand u21s for men as well and all to wednesday nights

Reply #221598 | Report this post

bolks  
Years ago

The Victorian leagues have U19 (along with U17, 15's etc insted of our 18's 16's etc) age levels and i heard a while ago that the whole of SA might be doing the same. This is to come into accord with the World U19 championships. Does anyone know if the Vic's have U21 age levels??

Reply #221600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bolks

Do you tell everyone that Vic run U19, U17 U15 etc so when they spank your teams you can claim its because they're all older?

The Age Groups we use are the same as every other State body in Australia.

Reply #221670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bolks,

You are flat out wrong. If you check out the VJBL site (http://www.vjbl.com.au/index.php?id=7) you will see that their age groups are exactly the same as the rest of Australia.

Melvin,

Vic does not have U21s either (again, see the link above) it has U20s. Some other states (including Vic and NSW) do have a "Youth League" though - which is generally about U/23 with an allowance of a couple of restricted ie older players (the specifics I think vary from state to state).

Reply #221685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754