skip
Years ago

Possible State of Origin Charity Game for Wheels

Boti emntioned yesterday in the tiser that there were plans to organise a charity match at the Dome in March for Wheels.
It would be a State of Origin format. SA v VIC

Already mentioned were Gaze and Goorj coaching the Vics and Bradtke as a back up Centre for Schensh for the SA team.

What teams would you like to see. I reckonthat if Bradtke is pulling on a uniform, then Gae should get off the bench and do the same and leave the Coaching to Gorj, against Smyth maybe?

Topic #18987 | Report this topic

DICKO  
Years ago

Goorj v Smyth would be the logical combo, considering Wheels played for both of them, and it would likely give it immediate attention.

My teams (if you could get them to play and you're talking almost retired, or still in reasonably good shape and likely to be capable of playing) would probably be made up of ......

VIC
Drewy, Copes, D-Mac, Bear, Lucas, Dorge, Anstey, Parky, Gordon (you need someone everyone loves to hate on), Jason Smith

SA
REES (First named for the same reason as Gordon), Bradtke, Maher, Davis, Sap, Wheels (if he can actually play), Ninnis (could you imagine Smyth coaching Ninnis), Mee, Holmes, Brooks, Schenscher maybe? Holmes Maybe?

Or something like that......doubt they'd get all those together though. Would be good if they could.

If anything could get all these guys together, Wheels' name should be able to do it though. MUCH loved.

Reply #224809 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Can 1/2 time be Anstey and Rees throwing balls at each other whilst saying "This is for Wheels"

Reply #224810 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Dunno what the chances are, but it would be good to see SammyMac pull on a uniform for the Vics.

Reply #224814 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I like how you list Gordon as someone we can specifically hate on, while also listing Anstey and Smith - there's more than enough to go around!

Reply #224819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aslong as the sixers dont organise the charity game!

Reply #224824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would have to be guys who can still play!

Ray Gordon, give me a break

Reply #224826 | Report this post

I Am Mutley  
Years ago

Great concept; I have been wishing we could have a state of origin for Bball for years.

I will be there.

Reply #224832 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

This is great...all for it. Far better than an all-star game in it's current format.

Reply #224833 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Shane Heal is Victorian born, I am sure I could manage to BOO him one more time!

Reply #224834 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Including Shane Heal would force us to admit that he's one of ours.

Not a hope....He's OUT!!!!

Reply #224836 | Report this post

Who Me!  
Years ago

Well DICKO, in that case we'll claim Bear as well, since he actually was Born in SA!

Reply #224838 | Report this post

Skin  
Years ago

Is Chris Blakemore still around??

Reply #224846 | Report this post

DICKO  
Years ago

Is Chris Blakemore still round??

Corrected for accuracy

Reply #224861 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

It would be good to have both a current players game and a retired legends game filled with players he played with either before the game or at halftime.

Reply #224871 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Good to see this is definetly happening now.

Sunday March 22nd at the Dome.

Smyth and Ninnis looking after SA
with
Gaze and Copeland looking after Vic.

Reply #225630 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Any idea as far as the possible starters Skip?

Reply #225631 | Report this post

Dog 12  
Years ago

where did you get that info?

Reply #225632 | Report this post

Dog 12  
Years ago

That clashes with the Clipsal 500, who took care of making that date?

Reply #225633 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

In todays tiser...
http://linky.com.au/4o5yr

When else are they gonna have it Dog 12? You want to have it as close to the end of the season as possible, so it is more likely that all players will be available. The weekend before will possibly still be the finals.

Reply #225635 | Report this post

Dog 12  
Years ago

Well how about the Friday or Saturday night rather than the final race day for the Clipsal? or even midweek

Reply #225644 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:05 pm, Sun 12 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754