Camel 31
Years ago

AFL: Collingwood vs Adelaide final

Crows were favorites to win.
But they took Tippett off in the 2nd qtr and put him in ruck 3rd qtr. He kicked 1 goal in first qtr and 3 in the last while back at full forward and top scored

Topic #20990 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Crows out, dream is over

Reply #249246 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Disgrace all round , fuck that !

Reply #249247 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Too many mistakes by Crows:

* Went out too hard in Q1
* Poor coaching in Q3
* Kicks to Coll players (TO's)

Umpiring one sided as expected
* First 2 "rushed" behinds dobtful
* Coll goal off an out of bounds play
* Considering the holding all game, final free off #25 dodgy

At least the AFL coffers will be full!

Reply #249248 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think that while they responded to Collingwood's momentum (putting goal kickers in defense) they struggled.

Reply #249249 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I agree with JT above. Poor coaching in Quarters 2 & 3 that lost them the game. What was Craig thinking flooding the back lines in those quarters.

Reply #249252 | Report this post

gen x chromosome  
Years ago

Guys, I'm an Adelaide supporter, but we gave away two frees ar crucial times from clearly holding the opponents arm.

I don't think the umpiring was one-sided.

I do believe that the Collingwood player was out of bounds when he kicked it in the 4th qtr...

Good effort, but not good enough!

Reply #249253 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Collingwood way too good, adelaide couldnt respond

Reply #249254 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

definitely not one sided umpiring , think the coaching to persist with same gameplan after success in first 1/2 in the 3rd quarts cost us dearly .

needed to , hold , deploy , demand and quash the crowd pressure then re-run and squash to ruanawy with what should have been a 6 goal victory .

Reply #249256 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Once the momentum swung, the game was hard to win back.

Reply #249257 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Sorry to say it guys but from a neutral perspective, that game was well umpired, including the final free kick against Rutten.

Brilliant game and it's shame that one team had to go home disappointed.

Reply #249258 | Report this post

fan  
Years ago

Football's over bring on the basketball season.

Reply #249259 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That last free kick was definitely there, it's a shame that was the only call for the night

Reply #249260 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yes, bring on the Basketball

Reply #249261 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Another season another Crows Choke! :P

Reply #249262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KJ: Atleast the Crows made the finals :P

Reply #249263 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tippett was lucky to get two free kicks in the last quarter, especially the last one he got and goaled from.

Good gripping final quarter of footy.

Adelaide in the end did not deserve to win.

Reply #249264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO THE MIGHTY PIES !!!!!!!!!!

Reply #249269 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

It wasn't one-sided umpiring, just a single one-sided, incorrect decision.

While was clearly contact between the arms of Rutten and Anthony, he was not holding him back and did not prevent him from getting to the contest. Jack threw his arms up when he realised Otten was in best position and he scored the free. It wasn't a free kick in any game, let alone a game where the constant holding of Maric, Burton, Leon Davis and Tippett was let go all game. And if we want to defend that maggot's decision and say it was correct, then what about the obvious hands/push in the back that Medhurst gave Otten at the EXACT same time (before the whistle).

Just sad to see such a brilliant, hard-fought game decided by an umpire. Conspiracy theorists are suggesting the AFL wanted a Collingwood-Geelong prelim but I'll give umpire McInerney the benefit of the doubt and assume he's just an idiot.

People criticising the coaching in Q3: Collingwood were on fire. We had to stop their momentum and we did well to keep the margin at only 10pts at 3qtr time. I would've hated to see the result if it wasn't for some strong marks by Tippett and Porplyzia in defence. The Porsche move into the middle was one that clearly payed dividends. If I remember correctly we held Collingwood goalless in the last 7mins of the 3rd.

gen x chromosome, I think the one you are talking about was when Medhurst clearly went out of bounds in the 3rd quarter, but you are right. That was one you didn't see on TV but they replayed it at the G. The 50m penalty against Goodwin was also a joke if we want to nit-pick.

F$%%ing angry. Cheer me up now 36ers.

All I can say is go the Cats.

Reply #249270 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

A free or not why even get into that position where the ump can make that call.. He hardly made an attempt at a spoil or mark and was more intent on holding the guys arm!? Terrible effort and cost them the game in what was a great contest!

Reply #249272 | Report this post

rotateonthis  
Years ago

Clearly an emotional rotator response last night .

Just seems every game against Collingwood that Malthouse has the capacity at the changes to really throw one up tactically against Craigy and we are left reeling for the rest of the quarter .

I really believe at the start of the 3rd we needed reassert physical pressure and then maintain possession of the pill , almost take the life out of the pie spirit . Something St Kilda did and truly works against the maggies .

Oh well ! great to see we have some genuine young matchwinners , thought Dangerfield , Tippett , Otten , Mackey and Vince were excellent .

Reply #249273 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

XztatiK - really sounds like a case of sour grapes there mate. Tippett kicked all but one of his goals via free kicks, two of which were really soft in the last quarter, including the one that put the Crows back in front just prior to the Anthony decision.

You could argue the umpires had been consistent all night (for a change).

It was obvious from replays that Anthony's arm was held by both of Rutten's arms at one stage. The umpire was in a perfect position to make the call and was courageous in doing so.

Read this: http://linky.com.au/p50i4

"Adelaide was beyond brave last night, and the finest of lines separated the teams. It amounted to Brett Rutten's sly grab on Jack Anthony's right arm in a marking contest at centre half-forward, 30 minutes into the final quarter and with the Crows leading by a point. Andrew Otten had taken what appeared to be the match-winning mark in a pack that included Rutten and Anthony, a moment that might well have defined a burgeoning career for the highly rated Otten.
But umpire Shane McInerney made the most courageous call of his own career, spotting that Anthony had been impeded. Initially, the crowd appeared stunned, for no one could have seen the infringement off the ball. But television replays indicated that McInerney was right, and Rutten, who had scarcely made a mistake all night, was made to wait the longest few moments of his career. Anthony kicked straight, and Adelaide had run out of time. Not long after the next bounce, the siren told it so."

Reply #249274 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"I really believe at the start of the 3rd we needed reassert physical pressure and then maintain possession of the pill , almost take the life out of the pie spirit . Something St Kilda did and truly works against the maggies."

I agree that they should've been as attacking at the start of the 3rd as they were in the 1st, but I really don't think the message at half-time was to go defensive - that move was a result of Collingwood just being too good in the first few minutes and it had to happen IMO.

Reply #249275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

XztatiK u bloody legend. everything you said is right on the money! couldn't have said it better!

Reply #249278 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Fact is, Crows capitulate to the Pies in a final yet again.

Reply #249280 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

LC, I take you points but I have some questions for you:

1. I would like to hear your opinion on those Tipett frees and why they were soft or incorrect. To me they were pretty sloppy and pretty obvious. The first was a blatant arm over the shoulder while Tippett was diving for the ball while the second was even more simple - he was not in possesion of the ball but was grabbed and slung.

2. Do you believe Anthony would have made that contest if there was no contact with Rutten's arm? Therefore do you really believe Rutten's 'hold' retarded him in any way?

3. Do you agree that Anthony played for the free by throwing his arms up once he realise Otten had the mark?

4. Did you see Medhurst push Otten in the back at the exact same time and, if so, why was the Anthony free kick chosen instead?

Reply #249281 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

It doesnt matter if Anthony would have made the mark at the contest as he clearly would have attempted the mark so its niave of you to say that. I was at this game and the umpiring was fine Tippet got two suspect free kicks in the last but they were there slightly, but so was Anthony's so it was officiated fairly.

Reply #249282 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

"It doesnt matter if Anthony would have made the mark at the contest as he clearly would have attempted the mark so its niave of you to say that."

Yes it would have been naive of me to say that... if I had actually said that.

I asked if he would have MADE the contest. ie. jumped/marked/spoilt. My answer is no. You may still think this is irrelevant but I'm just trying to establish that when Anthony threw his hands up and leaned back it was more a case of acting/playing for a free than actually attempting to make the contest.

Reply #249284 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

It really doesnt matter what hypotheticals you can throw out there - Rutten held his arm, it was bloody obvious, end of story.

I hate refs deciding games at any stage of the season but this one was a no-brainer and you should be directing your anger towards Rutten and no one else.

Reply #249288 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

XztatiK, Anthony was impeded illegally going towards the ball that is the point. whether he would have marked it or done anything is irrelevant. The whole game umpires where calling that same free kick consistently.

If Ivan wasn't such a pathetic ruckman the game would have probably been alot different!

The Crows should have played Bock but Collingwood also had a number of good players injured so the Crows should have really won against a weaker Collingwood!

Reply #249290 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

XztatiK - the fact is the Tippett free kicks, like it or not, were paid as free kicks. IMO they were soft in the context of finals footy. My point was to highlight that the Anthony free kick - like it or not - was a free kick - just the same as the Tippett free kicks.

At the end of the day, the umpires were consistent, with their interpretations and call of the game, all game.

And like it or not, the Pies yet again defeated the Crows in a final.

Reply #249291 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

As Walls likes to say and in relation to Rutten, "It was dumb!"

Reply #249292 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

You can stop sipping your Chardonnay now Cows fans....

Reply #249303 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

Wow "Cows" that is clever! So offensive too, because cows are... bad and stuff.

Agree with everything Xztatik said.

Whether you believe the free was technically there or not. It should, at the very least, be labeled 'soft'. That is a free that is payed maybe 5 times in 100 in the AFL and that is being generous.

Rutten had Anthony's arm hooked but did not "impede" him from contesting the mark and the umpires DID NOT call that free consistently as KingJames said, anyone who took a glance at Presti or O'Brien during the game would've seen that. KJ it is almost as dumb a comment as saying the Crows should've played Bock. Stevens, Rutten and Otten all played very well all game.

If that is the way you people really want football to head then I'm very disappointed. Look at the body contests between Lake and Brown that they let go on Friday and tell me that wasn't better footy.

Umpire Mcinerney has made the incorrect decision and we must live with it.

Reply #249316 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

"anyone who took a glance at Presti or O'Brien" and especially Wood. He did worse than Rutten at least 5 times.

Reply #249317 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

How is it incorrect? Rutten held his arm with two hands and did nothing to disguise it. The umps may miss stuff at other times in the game but that doesn't mean when they finally call one that they got it wrong.

As far as how the game should be played, I'd have to say that I don't want to see a game where an out of position defender just holds someone to stop him. If he isn't good enough to stop him then thats just too bad for him.

Reply #249322 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

If Anthony wasnt going to make it to the contest, it makes Rutten even sillier for holding him.

Reply #249323 | Report this post

Jesus  
Years ago

Ian you think Presti and O'brien were bad you should realise Tippet got soft very soft free kicks in the last quarter and Ruttens was clearly there he held his arm and didnt let him have a fair go at the contest. Also Rutten was using similar tactics all night when Anthony would try to crash a pack he would somehow imped him whether pushing or pulling his arm, so it was only a matter of time before he was pinged. Overall the umpires were consistent and fair so do not whinge about that decision your team just could not hold a lead and CHOKED!!!

Reply #249326 | Report this post

Jase  
Years ago

Quote " I asked if he would have MADE the contest. ie. jumped/marked/spoilt. My answer is no. You may still think this is irrelevant but I'm just trying to establish that when Anthony threw his hands up and leaned back it was more a case of acting/playing for a free than actually attempting to make the contest. "

A: He was in the contest, he still jumped with one arm extended, whilst the other was clearly held, yes he would have made more of a contest if he wasn't being restricted. Would he have marked it ? probably not.

B: Threw his arms up and leaned back ? what were you watching ? watch the video please .... Jack never played for the free kick and was pretty casual about the holding - considering the circumstances.

As for Medhursts push in the back (which was in the side) - that happens after 60% of marks and is called made to earn it ... and it was also during the contest.

Quote: "1. I would like to hear your opinion on those Tipett frees and why they were soft or incorrect. To me they were pretty sloppy and pretty obvious. The first was a blatant arm over the shoulder while Tippett was diving for the ball while the second was even more simple - he was not in possesion of the ball but was grabbed and slung."

Arm over the shoulder, it was there and the exact same thing happened to us 30 seconds later and no free was paid ... and that was playing for the free kick and Tippet over reacted to get the umpires attention.

And Presty simply tackled him over the ball, yes he was over the ball and Presty done extremely well not to fall into his back.

Let me refresh your memory and help you to remember the real incident - not the twisted memory that you clearly have established ...

Great game and respect it for what it is and was :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxx8B86Ft_s

Reply #249328 | Report this post

Bruce Beck  
Years ago

Crows looked better in first and last qtrs with Tippett at full forward - obviously.
But they took him off 2nd qtr, then in the ruck 3rd qtr - unfortunately.

Reply #249331 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Great analysis Jase and the Video clearly shows it was a free.

It seems there is always some sort of excuse with crows fans instead of realising that they choked! Simple as that!

I hate Collingwood and look forward to them getting smashed by Geelong next week!

Reply #249347 | Report this post

SorryCrows  
Years ago

XztatiK,

OK, look at the youtube video posted by Jase, and pause it at 1min16sec..... and come back on this forum and honestly say that it WASN'T a free kick!!

I would bet everything i own that if that was Tippet or Burton or the Porpus that was being held in the exact same way, in the exactsame situation in reverse. I.e. the Crows kicked the winning goal. you would be saying "oh yeah the free kick was definately there".

The only thing worse than a crows supporter is a crows supporter that can't admit when they have it wrong.

I'm not a Crows supporter, I'm not a Collingwood supporter. I actually believe the Crows are a better team. BUT... Collingwood won that game fair and square.

End of story

Reply #249365 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree with SorryCrows - If it was the other way around...

Bottom line is the Crows choked on the big stage yet again.

Let me spell it for you Crows fans...

C

H

O

K

E

CHOKE

Reply #249380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC you idiot it aint a choke. Yeah crows let a lead go, but that happens in many games. A 5pnt loss can hardly be considered a choke and remember crows finished 5th and Collingwood 4th.

and yeah your prob saying Collingwood were understrengthed and still won therefore crows choked. But so were the crows.

Out For Crows:
Bock (All Aus centre half back)
Van Berlo (Vital midfield player)
Moran (#1 ruckman up until injury mid-season)
Knights (Injured during the game and credit should go to crows for being competitive despite being a man down)

VS

Out for Pies:
Pendlebury
Beams
Fraser
Rocca (Though I would hardly say hes in their best 22 based on his season)

So all in all this crap about saying Collingwood were undermanned is crap. Crows were also if not worse.

XztatiK is spot on with that rant he wrote. I agree with everything.

I will repeat what has been written in this thread and say:

Yes you may argue the freekick was there, but when its happened all through the game and gone uncalled, its bullsh*t.

the Medhurst push was there too so you gotta give the benefit of doubt and just pay the mark to Otten.

That is the end of story

Reply #249390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this a b'ball feed or a footy feed???

Reply #249392 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Actually, the end of the story is the fact the Crows lost!

Also, Pendlebury is likely an All-Australian (we find out tonight), Josh Fraser is the Pie's No.1 ruckman, and Dayne Beams was right up there in the Rising star award. And these 3 players are integral to the Pies midfield success.

On form alone, the Crows should have crushed the Pies.

It's liek the Crows fans have pecked out each other's eyes as they are so blinded.

Reply #249399 | Report this post

SorryCrows  
Years ago

Anon Reply #249390,

How can you say that those type of free kicks weren't paid all game? The umpires were consistant with paying those free kicks. Tippet kicked 3 goals from free kicks where he was unfairly disadvantaged. Maric Gave away a free kick where he held an arm in the ruck.

Those free kicks were there all game. And majority were paid. So why should the ump ignore the last one, when he had a great view of a CLEAR violation??

Answer that question in a mature, unbias way. Go on.

Reply #249433 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

I have been laughing at this since the end of the game, knowing that Crows fans would almost definately blame the umpires - because you know if the Crows cant beat Collingwood in a final, it must be the umpiring right?! Or it must be eddies and the afl's big plan?!

"If Anthony wasnt going to make it to the contest, it makes Rutten even sillier for holding him."

Couldnt be any more accurate. Why if he wasnt going to make the contest, would you bother holding him? Either he would have made the contest, or he shouldnt have held him.

The fact that crows fans only seem to blame the umpire, when their team was 30 points up at the quater break, then didnt goal in the third, is all too common of how some spectators (not just footy, basketball too) blame the umpires for their teams misfortunes, whether right or wrong....

As they say in the boxing/mma world, never leave it in the hands of the officials, because it doesnt always go the way you want it to.

Reply #249449 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

in the last 9 finals games they have played, Cows have won only 3, and against collingwood they were 30+ points up with a half to play..they go onto to score 1 more goal?

i hear the sounds of gurgling, spluttering..no wait.. its CHOKING

:)

Reply #249451 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

damn... oops

Reply #249452 | Report this post

mind freak  
Years ago

Rutten cost the crows the game, it was an obvious free kick and would be paid in any footy game from u/8's up.

Rutten's truck horn should be replaced with a raspberry.

I sincerely hope all Crows supporters are hurting. I am so happy you lost and to lose like you did made it all the more sweeter.

Please reply to this, you will make it even more sweeter (if that's possible!)

Reply #249454 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

ROTFLMAO!

Reply #249456 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

The obvious Port supporters that are looking to take something that isn't there out of there pathetic season are doing a disservice to the rest of their argument by claiming it was a choke so why bother even replying to those raving dickheads. Namely LC (who couldn't quite answer my questions, could you), KJ, Jesus, Detroit, mindfreak, 'me'.

Jase, the youtube post is unnecessary, I taped the game on IQ and have replayed it to death.

"Whether you believe the free was technically there or not. It should, at the very least, be labeled 'soft'. That is a free that is payed maybe 5 times in 100 in the AFL and that is being generous."

Worded perfectly Ian, even if you think it was technically there, it is extremely soft when you consider how many times worse infringements are ignored. And if you do come to the conclusion that it's a free, then there is still the blatant Otten free, which was:

*Before the whistle and the Anthony free.

*Medhurst's hand WAS in contact with Otten's back (check Jase's replay).

*Medhurst did push Otten in the back with force. Which means a free whether it was with his hand or his forearm (and it was his hand)

...he even looked at McInerney with guilt right after it happened, knowing he gave it away.

"As for Medhursts push in the back (which was in the side) - that happens after 60% of marks and is called made to earn it ... and it was also during the contest."

Firstly Jase, to say that push was in the side is just embarrassing. Secondly, the term "made to earn it" refers to the act of hitting the offensive player's body unnecessarily once the mark/free is beyond doubt so your use of it there is quite ridiculous. It wasn't "after" the mark, it was before, and that is a free that has been paid consistently (95% of the time) since the hands-in-the-back rule and before that with the push-in-the-back rule.
And to top it all off you make yourself look more stupid by saying it was "during the contest". Yes, it was. WTF is your point??? Does that make it ok in your black and white eyes? Because it actually makes it worse, or at least (should) make it more visible to the umpire.

It was a free-kick. That one is the most blatant thing about this entire debacle.

Reply #249486 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"Sorry Crows" here is your unbias response.

XztatiK basically hit the nail on the head and I'll just reiterate somethings that have already been mentioned.

Watch the game again and listen for the commentators saying "that player was infringed and no call was made", etc.

I watched the game again last night and I can honestly say I heard Robert Walls say on 2 or 3 occasions that tippet, Porps, etc had been held in the marking contest and the same down the other end for Magpies.

Plus I heard the exact same thing from then panel on the Sunday Morning Footy Show.

What I'm trying to say is, Yeah the freekick may have been there but look closely and you'll see the umpire wasn't in the prime position to call the free and it appears he called it due to the exaggerated actions on John 'Dud' Anthony. When freekicks even worse than that had gone unnoticed throughout the game for both teams and this one is called and decides the game it is ridiculous!

The umpire was actually in the perfect position to call the hands in the back and push out on Otten. In cases where there are more than one freekick occuring in a marking contest than benefit of doubt must be given - therefore pay the mark to Otten, or throw the ball up.

Goodluck seeing Shane Mcinerney umpiring in anymore finals this season.

Personally I have moved on from the result, but what pisses me off is jerks coming on here and abusing the crows saying they choked.

And by the way 'Mind Freaks' comment "Rutten's truck horn should be replaced with a raspberry" is very clever mate. What are you 8yo?

Peace.

Reply #249488 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One call. Not ridiculous, just unfortunate.

I hated the result too but both teams had ample opportunity to make it more decisive than the eventual result and didn't capitalise.

Reply #249489 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

How boring is this post - FACT - the crows did not beat a team above it all year. Don't count the round 1 victory over colliwobbles as they were even then. The only people who thought you would win on saturday were adelaide people. Niel Craig can't coach in pressure situations.

Go Cats

Reply #249498 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Agreed Isaac, if the Crows had made the most of their oppurtunities they would have won, but that is the case with almost every game. Players make mistakes, and umpire Shane McInerney's mistake was as costly as any of those.

Reply #249500 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

As tough as it is to say, after looking at vision again, the hold was pretty blatant. Not only did Rutten have Anthony's arm on ground level, when they hit the contest, Anthony couldn't get a decent jump at the ball because he was being held. It should've been called, and was.

As for Tippet's frees, the high contact might have been a bit soft (although, if you get clipped around the ears, that's a free everyday of the week) but the one at the end - Presti just threw him into the turf without the ball. Had to be paid, I reckon.

Reply #249503 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Gee its fun stirring Crows supporters!

Reply #249504 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Not much else to do in September for you blokes is there.

Reply #249505 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

These days I get more of a buzz watching the 36ers than the footy. When I played basketball , I wasn't much of a watcher and prefered watching footy.

But Tippett and the like are interesting. As is zone,press,player rotations and the like.
Collingwood 120 player rotations. Crows 80 in this game.

Reply #249506 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

All this talk of Craig not being able to coach finals and choking etc is just bullshit. Someone has to lose the game, and I can assure you that if the Pies had lost, all the calls of "Collywobbles" would come out. A loss doesn't automatically mean its a choke, and if you stop and think about it, unless you win a flag every second year that you coach, you are going to have a poor finals record.

Craig has rebuilt that team with out missing the finals and he managed to turn their performance around mid-season which means there will be good things to come from his mob for a few years.

Reply #249509 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

SPOT ON TC2

Reply #249510 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Exactly TC2. Some people fail to understand that term, even if their team did bring it to fame.

Reply #249515 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Until Adelaide can win these games in finals, it is a tag that they are destined to carry.

Reply #249522 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Questions need to be asked though when 4 years in a row they have led by 4 to 5 goals and then blown it.

Reply #249527 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

So much is being made of the last free. What about the 6 goal to 0 third quarter? That's where the game was lost. Craig put Porplyzia and I think Tippet into defence. Good luck kicking a goal with that move.

Reply #249529 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

One of the commentators noted in the last quarter that both coaches had reverted to a typical manned-up arrangement and rolled the dice. IMO, that's what the Crows should've done in the third. Doing what they did left them impotent any time they did manage to get the ball up forward.

Reply #249530 | Report this post

TC2  
Years ago

Since when does a 4 to 5 goal lead mean the match is in the bag? It's a good lead but fuck me, if it was the first to a 24 point lead then the game would be pretty damn boring.

Reply #249533 | Report this post

mind freak  
Years ago

Xtazik,LC keep it going....please keep it going...

you guys need to meet at the Crows Shed for a group hug and give each other some mental masturbation....

this is too much fun guys...

I say lets replace the Panda countdown on ETSA building and replace it with Ben Rutten's face and the clock can start from that obvious free....

3 days....5 hours...and 17 minutes...

Reply #249542 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Definition of the word "choke" in the sporting context:

"To fail to perform effectively because of nervous agitation or tension, especially in an athletic contest"

Reply #249549 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

XztatiK: "Not much else to do in September for you blokes is there."

Well I'll be watching my team play a preliminary final this week - what about you?

Reply #249550 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

LC, note that it doesn't say: "To fail to reach a goal due partly to a free kick in the final final."

Reply #249554 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I don't really think the entire game was decided by one free kick though and resultant goal though.

Reply #249555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nor was there an overwhelming disparity between the two sides in performance. One sucked in the first quarter and then was better in the third. Another excelled in the first, lapsed in the middle two, and then came back in the fourth.

All this spare time to troll and bait - easy day jobs, I take it?

Reply #249564 | Report this post

Go Cats  
Years ago

As a Cats supporter I am much happier to be playing Collingwood this week than the Crows.

Don't get me wrong I dislike both teams passionately but Adelaide has a style of play at the moment that although underdone in experience would severely test even the Cats backline.

The Pies however will not go any further.

Dynasty baby!!!!

Reply #249567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC ur gettin drilled by isaac

Reply #249753 | Report this post

Troll Mole  
Years ago

LC you are going great guns.

Troll, bait etc are words too easily thrown around in internet land and 50% of this forum do the same at one time or another.

Boti would have to be king troller of newspaper land and Isaac you've never used the words troll or bait to describe him, I think your acting just a little too precious.

Reply #249946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As LC said:

Gee its fun stirring Crows supporters!
You know, self-admitted baiting, trolling.

Reply #249947 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes, and it is still fun when so many take the bait!

Reply #249952 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

chomp, chomp....

Reply #249963 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Geelong win by 73. The footy gods have spoken.

Reply #249971 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Only thing they won was free kicks 18 to 13

Reply #249983 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

...and they're still on the radio complaining about the umps.

the funniest part of the night was when the ump paid a free kick aginst Maxwell that was just like Rutten's but worse, and they showed the Pies supporters going nuts and Maxwell whinging. Good times.

Reply #249986 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:11 am, Tue 30 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754