Isaac
Years ago

36ers vs Tigers tonight, Oct 21

36ers vs Tigers tonight at 7:30. Tigers have dropped a few now to sit at the bottom of the table but outside of the belting by Townsville have shown glimpses of ability: home win over NZ, early stages of the game in Auckland and the comeback against the Blaze.

The loss of Ben Knight has forced them to make a few changes to their line-up though and they're talking about swapping three bench players into the starting line-up for tonight's game.

Crosswell
Greer
Mackinnon
Worthington
Johnson

With Ben Knight (ruptured quad tendon) out for the season, Daniel Johnson will return as the starting centre, while playmaker Nathan Crosswell and Tommy Greer, who have both been getting over injuries, are set to start after coming off the bench in the Tigers' loss to Gold Coast Blaze a week ago.
Despite having Brad Hill and Matt Burston under injury clouds, Adelaide are favourites to win at home ($1.50 at Centrebet, line is -4.5).

Topic #21347 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Looking forward to the first Sixers game on Fox ;)
As much as I'm loving Rivus TV bring on the Foxtel!

Feel this is a must win for the Sixers if they are serious about top 4 this season (but than nearly every game is!).

Point to prove after the 30 point loss out west.
Must protect the home court more than ever this season.
Tigers youngsters and in particular Johnson will be out with a point to prove and show they can play with increased minutes and oppurtunity.
A bit of talk/hype over Gilchrist's reactions during the loss, sure he will be out to show his worth.

Bring on the game!

Reply #253676 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

Has anyone got a large Tiger plush toy Murray Magpie can wrestle with on the court,HAHA?

Reply #253677 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Is Worthington 100%?

Looking forward to tonight.

Reply #253687 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

Contain Worthington, don't let Sammy Mc and Crosswell penetrate, and your guys will be OK at defensive end.
Scoring may be more difficult with your half court game breaking down to whatever Gilchrist or Groves end up doing. If they can hit some perimeter shots (along with Ng) then they may get some confidence.
Otherwise the game could be a grind. This will keep the Tigers in it and game will be decided by big plays down stretch.

Reply #253693 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wortho is still playing hurt, as is Crosswell and Greer.
Full court press the tigers and they will fold like a bad hand in poker...

Reply #253696 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Any news on Burston yet?

Reply #253713 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Agree with LC about full court pressure.

If the coaching staff don't use full court pressure then there is something wrong with them as this tactic has been working all season long. Kendal and Crosswell struggle against a full court press and they have no one else to bring the ball up.

As also mentioned we must contain Worthington. Make someone else score.

We should be able to win this one easily!

Reply #253720 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

We are currently on a 11 game winning streak at home.

Still a long way off our best being 20 straight, but 3 more wins will see us equal our 2nd best home streak ever.

Reply #253723 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

hopefully cortez gets outta his funk i wasnt a massive fan of his signing but i dont wanna write him off he still has speed an driving abilty but i think he relies on his jumpshot too much. If Ng keeps playin awesome along with Ballsy's norm great play we should be alright.

Reply #253727 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Jake Holmes needs to start and get 30+ minutes on Wortho. That is a huge matchup.

6ers by 17.

Reply #253739 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, I think Holmes might be one of the players in the league most suited to a match up on Wortho, besides someone like Mackinnon.

Reply #253746 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Skip you better not just have jinxed us up there!!!

Reply #253752 | Report this post

Pantstey  
Years ago

Dwayne Russel is commentating like a AFL game on radio. We can see who's passing the ball to who, no need to say it.

Reply #253762 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Ahh, Ng to 'tez alleyoop. Very pretty play.

Reply #253764 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

What radio Pantstey???

Reply #253766 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Is Ng injured???

Reply #253768 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

This 3rd quarter is turning into a horror show for Sixers.

Reply #253769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers on a roll

Reply #253770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

usual FF#$%ken live scoring has died

Reply #253771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

worthington 73 6ers 63

Reply #253772 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

Anyone seen Gilchrist?

Reply #253773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger got he's ass handed to him by worthington

Reply #253774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers Win!

Reply #253775 | Report this post

smoovy  
Years ago

Find someone who can knock down wide open 3's.

Also a team with a bit of intensity would go alright too.

Reply #253776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

soft soft and soft

Reply #253777 | Report this post

Pigs Of War  
Years ago

I would say Scotty is on the ropes!!!!

Reply #253778 | Report this post

Pantstey  
Years ago

I've seen Port Power play harder than the Sixers did tonight.

Reply #253779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

taste it

Reply #253780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn a tigers team without anstey and two imports crushes the 6ers in Adelaide........

Reply #253782 | Report this post

caz  
Years ago

I hate to break this to you all but the team is simply not that good! You've got no consistent performers which means inconsistent results. That's how the team responds after being beat by 30! Show some heart. Going to be a long season, especially on the road. Bring back the AFL.

Reply #253783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Good
Dwayne Russell's Commentary.

The Bad
Umpires. What a crap call on Ballinger.

The Terrible
36ers.

Reply #253787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers are almost as terrible as there pathetic doll state

Reply #253794 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Depression sets in - that was so very bad.
A terrible night . Maybe they played a few good minutes in the 2nd qtr. They miss Burston terribly.
A little bit of Groves , in patches.
Gilchrist had a hand bandaged - don't know whether that had anything to do with being off in the last qtr or not.
(about 3000 there) - 'Can we get our money back'
Some asked...

Reply #253797 | Report this post

triple 7  
Years ago

If the Sixers had as half as much passion as Ben McPeake shows towards the umpires courtside we would be fine

Reply #253798 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Pathetic.

Reply #253799 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That was a depressing second half! Unfortunately nothing changed tonight offensively. Outside of Balls, we are still a one trick, drive to the hoop pony. The Tigers started doubling Balls and we didn't seem to understand how to counter it with ball movement.

No-one other than Balls and Ng seems confident shooting outside 10 feet. Gilchrist, Groves and Hill better find some shooting touch quickly to keep opponents honest or its gonna be a long season.

And Matty Burston, heal up soon because we got killed on the boards late in the game too!

Reply #253803 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Refs: DISGRACEFUL.

Defence: WAS NONE.

Wortho: COCKHEAD.

Me: ANGRY.

Reply #253807 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Makes sense we lost, we chased mediocre South Aussie players instead of better interstate players.

NO heart, no passing. The Entire team needs to learn from Cooper tonight, he might not be the best but he puts in 100% everynight

Reply #253808 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

As for the Anonymous post about our Doll State, check your spelling out, pretty sure it is their as opposed to there, but it is probably an indication of your rather limited scholastic ability.

Reply #253812 | Report this post

Confused  
Years ago

X why is Wortho a cockhead?? He single handidly won that game, and although i love to hate him, played the best game ive ever seen him play.

Reply #253814 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

The guy is an arrogant dick, but to be fair, game was there to win and Wortho stepped up... as everyone expected he would. That game was tentative for at least a quarter waiting for someone to seize it by the throat and win it. And no one wearing red bothered trying.

Reply #253815 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

The Good:the Ninja to "Tez ally-oop.Close second: at half time "The Gymwits"

The Bad:No one assigned to Worthington when he woke up.The Allens lollies bag emptied for a sugar burst and then the fire was put out on the turbo it was meant to inspire!

The Ugly:Ballingers reject from behind being a foul( from a playing/ umpires' perspective)

Reply #253817 | Report this post

william 34  
Years ago

if you think burston is going to help u have another thing coming...

Reply #253822 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Shouldn't forget to give credit to Wortho tonight as well. He was the only guy out there who seemed to know how to go out and win a basketball game. After being well covered by Holmes in the first half, he worked his way into the game and when it was there to be won he was the guy who stepped up and seized the game.

Reply #253828 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Disappointing for a team that just got smashed in Perth, I was hoping for a bit more.

For mine, offense was no different to the Townsville game, it works when the shots are dropping but collapses when they don't and and no ability to change it up. Over dribbling and chucking shots up isn't always going to be effective.

Perceived lack of effort/heart and leadership. Even if things aren't going your way, at least keep trying.

Empty stats/lack of influence in the game. Ie, Groves had a very good second quarter, wasn't impressed with the rest of his game. The second quarter showed the ability is there, but the game ('s) so far have shown he is hit and miss.

I guess I want to see, and am used to seeing in a sixers top, is a team who is willing to hustle no matter the situation to give themselves a chance of winning.

Reply #253829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers lacking interior scorer. ballinger is'nt enough

Reply #253839 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Confused: "He single handidly won that game, and although i love to hate him, played the best game ive ever seen him play."

That contradicts what I said how?

Reply #253842 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Glad I didn't watch it by all reports.......

Reply #253846 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I can't beleive the Tigers won. I'm still shaking my head - Adelaide let this oen get away.

Reports from the Melbourne newspaper's if you are interested...

The Age: http://linky.com.au/8fq9h

Herald-Sun: http://linky.com.au/m0cgf

NBL Recap: http://linky.com.au/ctij0

Reply #253851 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Decent first half and then a poor third quarter before it trailed off at the end.

Groves and Hill played fairly well and Holmes got after the boards, but that was about it.

Worthington was just too good.

Unfortunately, there will be no respite from here, no easy wins at home or road trips you can pencil in as a way to get back into the groove.

Reply #253855 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Gilchrist has had his hand bandaged for the last 2 home games I'm pretty sure.

We need to show some confidence in our abilities and if we get an open look don't hesitate and be confident.

Dominated the rebounds in the first half but got smashed in the second.

Reply #253858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know why gilchrist sat for so long in the 4th?
he came back on with like 3 mins left

Reply #253862 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wasn't playing that well? Hand injury?

Reply #253864 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

AFAIK it was perfomance based and his hand isn't that bad.

Reply #253867 | Report this post

kwest  
Years ago

Ballinger has been playing soft all year. You at least hope to get tough blue collar play out of him.. but hes been a big dissapointment in that area.

Reply #253893 | Report this post

Pegs  
Years ago

I am glad someone has mentioned Balls playing softly. Is something not right with him?

He has been soft mentally in defence, with lapses that give the opposition easy points. Particularly in transition.

His offence has been steady but not outstanding - but he lacks hustle.

Thoughts?

Reply #253918 | Report this post

Detroit  
Years ago

Sixers 0 from 6 three attempts on the 45 in the first and early second quater, 3 of which were open.

Balls playing outside in the last quater with no-one in the post for a number of plays... i know he was getting done but it was still better than him trying mid-range jumpers and from the arc. One particular was the baseline backspin jumpshot fading out of court that hit the side of the board, with a good 10 sec left in the offence, just painful to watch. And the foul that a few people thought was horrible, get you eyes off the ball and block and watch the bottom hand in the back.

Sixers again seemed to over dribble, and chuck up shit from that. Tigers on the other hand dribble penetrated well.

27 - 12 rebounds in the first half and only a 4 point lead (i think).

Gymwits were good fun, as were the sixers girls.

Disappointing night really. Went with a few mates who havent been to a game for a while, and it wasnt the best representation of what the 6ers can do.

But alas i shall be there for the next game to watch them attempt to turn it around.

Reply #253940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754