Centrals
Years ago

Centrals men easily account for Panthers

Centrals came out of the blocks early, with Jye, Wilkey and Reggie leading the way. South were forced into heaps of turnovers in the first half which allowed Centrals to finish with 60 points. Centrals really should have won by 60 but took the foot off the pedal a little and ended up winning by 26 i think. Wilkey was impressive for 35 points also Jye with 25 points and Reggie was solid on both ends of the floor, even Centrals bench came in an contributed, nobody was a liability. What really stood out was Centrals defence forced South into bad shots. Only player for South to stand up was Pilkington but just wasnt enough. It also looked like JB broke his nose, you'll have to ask him to confirm though.

Topic #2168 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Not broken just a gash and some bruising. Didn't think it could get in bigger...I was obviously wrong!
It's funny how you can get a foul when your nose runs into someones elbow!

Reply #24530 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've been sent another match report from an anonymous contributor (thanks!) for this game:

The new look Lions came out firing right from the start with new recruit Jye Watson hitting his first three 3 point attempts to get Centrals off to a great start. With support from ex Sturt player Justin Wilkey and former Woodville guard Paul Vandenberg the Panthers had no answer to the offensive onslaught with Centrals getting out to a 34-17 first quarter.

The second quarter didn't seem to get much better for the Panthers as
new coach Kelly Manning seemed to try to get all ten of his plays into
the game, the Lions full court pressure helping them head into the main half with a 27 point lead.

Justin Wilkey came out firing into the second half, but the Panthers
made a mini run narrowing the lead back to 15. In the last quarter the
Panthers ran out of legs as the new look Lions ran out to be winners by
27 points with new recruits Justin Wilkey and Jye Watson being the
Standout players. South Adelaide's Steve Pilkington was solid with 24
points but didn't have much support from anyone else.

Good start to the Lions season and I'm sure there will be a lot more
wins to come.

--

Good work. Sounds like an interesting start to the season!

Reply #24532 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754