skyhook
Years ago

JJ REDDICK .. got a real future in the NBA?

I have been reading a lot about this guy recently and have found people divided as to whether or not he can make it in the NBA.

I reckon he's got one of the best shooting games i've ever seen, and is criticised too much in other areas!College fans love to hate him...

The new Steve Kerr/Mark Price .. with extra athleticism ??

Topic #2175 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Way better than Steve Kerr. Better than Mark Price, maybe. I think he is a lottery when he decides to declare. Definately a great spot up shooter on a pretty good college team.

Speaking of declaring, looks like Bogut is gonna wait until the after the NCAA tournament to decide if he's going to the NBA or staying with the Ute's for another run.

Personally, I hope he declares while he is a hot commodity, and fingers crossed he won't end up in Atlanta.

Reply #24575 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

I hope he has a future in the NBA. I just fear he will be the next Trajan Langdon, one of the best pure shooters out of college, first round pick (I think Langdon went 13 to the Cav's) plays one season then end's up in Europe. Don't want to admit it will happen, but I think ultimately this is the path redick will also take.

Reply #24577 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Love to see him in the shoot-out at All Star Weekend in the near future..!!

Best/ Fav. 3 pt shooters in the last 10- years ? anyone?

Some of mine ... not in order are :
1. Dan Majerle
2. Glenn Rice
3. John Stockton
4. JJ Reddick /Peja
5. Craig Hodges bulls 90's
6. Mark Price
7. Bird
could go on and on ...

Reply #24579 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

Almost forgot the Maryland duo .. Blake and Nicholson !! they were great to watch .. and are doing ok in the NBA .. limited mins.

Reply #24580 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Favourite shooters

1: The Rifleman... Chuck Person.
2: Glenn Rice
3: Ray Allen
4: Larry
5: Mark Price
6: John Paxson

Funny thing is, most of the great shooters I can think off are all 'old school'.

Reply #24584 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

JJ Reddick is an awesome shooter but isnt he a PG aswell

Reply #24600 | Report this post

Dickie V  
Years ago

He can shoot the rock baby! He can flat out play man!

He's SUPER, he's SENSATIONAL, he's UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Reply #24608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's SUPER, he's SENSATIONAL, he's UNBELIEVABLE!!!"

Its SUPERB not UNBELIEVABLE. :)

Reply #24609 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Anyone else a big Korver fan? I could watch that guy shoot all day.

Reply #24622 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Yeah, Korver is sweet shooter. Not too bad for a guy that was drafted in the second round (51).

Philly bought him from the Nets for pocket change. He's shooting at 0.395 which is a pretty decent clip.

Reply #24626 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

PHILLY SURE GOT A GREAT DEAL THERE... I AGREE LIBERTINE .. YOU CAN WATCH HIM ALL DAY ..

GOOD TO SEE GUYS LIKE HEINRICH (sp?) FOR THE BABY BULLS DOING OK TOO ..

NEXT QUESTION ... FAVOURITE 'NON-SUPERSTAR PLAYER' .. ? - A PLAYER THAT WAS NEVER TOP IN ANY CATEGORY BUT YOU LIKED HIS GAME ...

B J ARMSTRONG WAS MINE FOR A LONG TIME ... JIMMY JACKSON TOO

Reply #24643 | Report this post

Croquet_anyone  
Years ago

Jimmy Jackson should have been a superstar player but he come out of college and acted like a spoilt little kid who didn't get his way, sat out like 50 odd games in his rookie year because Dallas drafted him.

BTW. Mark Price was a gun with Brad Doughty (spelling) back in the day for the Cavs

Favourite player who was not considered a super star Craig Hodges, Byron Scott, Kurt Rambus (sp), and Mitch Richmond well all 3 of the RUN TCM (Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullins and Mitch Richmond)(memory fails me a bit with this acronym, help if incorrect), modern day player Hudo Turkoglu

Reply #24665 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Jimmy J is a stud, and he is really undervalued. It amazes me how often the guy is traded. It's not like he has a reputation for being a 'locker room cancer'. I don't blame him for not reporting to the Hornets, I wouldn't either.

I remember when he was part of the apparent 'title-winning' Triple J whilst in Dallas with Kidd and Mash.

Rodney Rogers is another non-superstar I rate. Theo Ratliff as well, Abdur-Rahim is another. Guys that can play but you hardly ever hear much them. Marcus Camby finally got some kudo's, Western Conference player of the week.

Reply #24668 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Croquet anyone, RUN TMC were awesome. That was the last time the Bay went anywhere. I was surprised when they trade Mitch to the Kings. Can't even remember for who now.

Mark Price and Brad Dougherty were great as well. Larry Nance, there was a dunk king!!!!

Phoenix's title run with Sir Charles, KJ, Thunder Dan, Hornecek was also pretty awesome.

Reply #24670 | Report this post

Croquet_anyone  
Years ago

Didn't they trade Mitch Richmond to the Sacramento Kings for Billy Owens or the draft rights to him

Cleveland traded for the "Jordan Stopper" in Derrick Harper to make a legitimate title attempt in the early 90's. Then Doughty knees went and Price and Harper got old.

Bulls vs. Suns finals series in 1993 still is one of the better NBA finals and destiny was never meant to happen. The triple over time thriller is one of the great finals games, thunder Dans 3's were from down town. Time does fly it only seems like yesterday, 12 years on.

Reply #24684 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

wow .. this one got the juices flowing !!!

Did anyone see the Lakers v Dallas on the weekend ? Ugly .. ugly game .. i thought .. King Kobe was good to watch .. but selfish as usual.. Lakers could not shoot to save their lives outside the arc!!

Reply #24685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea why wouldnt he, he is more athletic than people give him credit for, look at a guy like allan houston, what does he have other than a good jumpshot?

Reply #25172 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

most under rated nba player in the league that you never hear about-Marcus Camby

Reply #25173 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Camby is starting to get some respect and love, he was the Western Player of the Week last week....

Reply #25174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ Reddick has a critical shot. He told me the better he plays, the more nervous he gets, not the other way around.

Reply #25203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is JJ Reddicks shot percentage?

Reply #25204 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

He has the best shot from the three point line than any other collge mens basketball player that i have ever seen so i hope that he can move on and take his A game with him to the NBA.

Reply #25209 | Report this post

Philly Phan  
Years ago

i think JJ will be kind of like a wesly person( when he plays good) from the three line.. but wont do much else. He can deffintly shoot the three but he is a PG, for someone like Kyle Korver he has AI and Cwebb that draw distractiosn to other teams which leave kyle open and he has AI disshin off to Kyle, and Q-rich has steve nash, Amare, Shawn Marion that bare all distractioins and he has Nash passin to him on the three line. So JJ wont be as good because he is a PG

Reply #25295 | Report this post

sjknicks32  
Years ago

i look at jj nd i see allan houston/wesley person...shoots the absolute crap outta the ball...nd i think with time growth nd practice he can become a more complete player...i cant wait to c him 3-4 years from now in the nba...

Reply #25299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im better

Reply #25457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just remember he is a Jr. He will be back in the blue and white next year and hopefully will have worked on his defense a little more. Would like to see him do well in the NBA but isn't likely. But with every one hatin him maybe he could go to the WWE! If you aren't a Duke fan you hate the kid. Good luck JJ

Reply #25460 | Report this post

J.J. Lover  
Years ago

J.J is the bomb! He's the best 3 point, and free throw shooter in the nation. And when is does best is when someone is in his face, so he can BURN them up! J.J could take anyone and if they ever day that Rashad McCants is better than J.J. you must be blind. McCants chokes, and J.J. burns him up. Not only is he the best player in the ACC, he's a hottie, and I'd love to be w/ him anyday. Stay strong, (and hot) and shoot them 3's like crazy in everyones face J.J. Your the best, and I love you!!!!

Reply #25483 | Report this post

J.J. Lover  
Years ago

Everyone who loves J.J. stay strong and by his side through thick and thin. He will always come out on top! J.J. will make it to the pro's and be hott with those 3's! In everyones face, and show that a little white boy from Duke, can come out on top, and show all them (so called pros)who is really the best!

Reply #25484 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

jj lover ... can we stcik to the Kids game ... write him a letter if you feel 'the love' .. leave it out of your posts !!

Reply #25498 | Report this post

b-ball  
Years ago

jj reddick is the best

Reply #25589 | Report this post

Dick Vitale  
Years ago

J.J. Reddick he's a DIPERDANDY PT PLAYER this guy is UNBELIEVABLE babby o man o man

Reply #25590 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(To those locals who are wondering about this influx of American Redick-fans to this topic, Hoops SA is the #1 result on Google for "jj reddick" or "j.j. reddick", and it appears that a good number of people confuse the spelling of "redick" as "reddick".)

Reply #25593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dick Vitale is the greatest thing about this forum baby!

Reply #25614 | Report this post

Charity  
Years ago

I never really got into college basketball until tis year. My Chemisrty teacher is a huge Duke fan. Now i'll definately be watching it a lot more next year to see J.J. :)

Reply #25787 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Redick was today named ACC player of the year, and if he decides to stick around for his senior year, which I think he will, he needs about 850 points to pass Johnny Dawkins as the No.1 scorer in Duke history. He scored about 650 this season, barring injury I think he can get the 850.

Reply #25788 | Report this post

bt  
Years ago

JJ never saw a shot he didn't like. Has carried Duke when others failed. He looks like Reggie Miller when he was much younger, Pistol Pete would also be proud to watch him. I'm sure he practices his shots like Larry Bird did...all day before and after games. the only way anyone can be that spontaneously good and that confident. Always great, but when in that Zone...he makes others realize that its all over. Takes the heart out of the other team with those 22 foot and longer bombs. He deserves the awards and will break Dawkins record barring injury. Thats the only thing besides benching him that would stop him.

Reply #25818 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

bt ..
Are you quoting someone here ..? sounds familiar...

Reply #25823 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Did anyone else hear that JJ got 35 pts the other night ?... good form leading into the NCAA tourney !!

Funny that google would find us here as the no 1. search .. Duke fans influx.

Reply #25937 | Report this post

dukeluver  
Years ago

I luv jj reddick and i luv watching he\im he is awesum!!!

Reply #26383 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Skyhook, in this topic his name is spelt incorrectly. It is actually Redick, not Reddick.

Reply #26390 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

thanks coach .. ill try to do better!

Reply #26395 | Report this post

ty  
Years ago

yeah booiiii u see him shot hes good but i could take him to school any day brother holla at me

Reply #26654 | Report this post

bdevilcraz  
Years ago

jj would prob go to the nba after his senior year but will not start at first

Reply #26661 | Report this post

bdevilcraz  
Years ago

y do u people keep sayin jj is a pg he isnt at all

Reply #26670 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

bdevilcraz...

In the NBA he will be too small for shooting guard ... where else would you play him ? He aint 6'5 -6'6 ..

Reply #26672 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

He is 6'4 though I believe?

Reply #26675 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Apologies ... i thought he was 6'2 .

I rate the kid ... and i think he'll be fine @ PG and maybe SG too!! (back flip complete)

Reply #26682 | Report this post

Justina  
Years ago

Yes he does, he can shoot that ball at anytime of the quater and it will just go in da hoop. Mad props to JJ Reddick!!!!

Reply #26794 | Report this post

Celeste  
Years ago

Reddick is the best....hes a real ball player....Dukes #1 fan....thats me....lets go Reddick take them all the way!!!

Reply #26795 | Report this post

Shawn  
Years ago

JJ Reddick is the best shooter in the game right now and he as well has the D and mind of a GUARD. Thanks for all the excitment JJ.

Reply #26799 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Arizona Saleem Stoudimire 50%2pts
50%3pts 90%ft end of story.

Reply #26802 | Report this post

DUKERULES  
Years ago

I think J.J. has definitly got a future in da NBA, He is definitly my fav. playa since Chris Duhon left, Im doin a 4 page research report on J.J. and need all the info i could get. Thanks.

Go Duke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #26813 | Report this post

deine mutter  
Years ago

JJ reddick s got an awesome game,but has he the balls in the clutch???

Reply #27212 | Report this post

Angelo Conte  
Years ago

Please he will def be up there. Best shooter in basketball period. If Dunleavy was a lottery pick then reddick will be up there as well with out a doubt and have a better career as well!!!

Reply #27460 | Report this post

cbf  
Years ago

all this talk about reddick but he hasnt even been mensioned to be a top 10 pick.

news on the hawks pick they are going to either draft bogut or chris paul.marvin williams will not be a hawks player next season due to the hawks having josh smith,childress and diaw talking the swingman positions.

Reply #27501 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dont know about that.the hawks will talk it up saying they will choose chris paul leading up the draft night,but on draft day they will pick bogut.just as last year when orlando said they will pick okafor then chose howard on draft night

Reply #27502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no he hasn't be mentioned as a top 10 because he will be back in school next year.

Reply #27528 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

there is a huge difference between college and nba success......thats why every year we see lottery picks do nothing, then guys like korver and marquis daniels who r drafted late do well. reddick is not a pg....if u cnt even run an offense under pressure in college how can u do it in the nba? best case scenario: eddie house. im the first to admit he has an incredible shot on him but at an nba level he has too many weaknesses. ur talkin bout all these great shooters.....they all have size on reddick and r beta defenders. id love to see him do well but i dnt think its gonna happen

Reply #27543 | Report this post

coach k  
Years ago

Redick will be given an opportunity to play in the NBA, I don't think there is any doubt about that. The fact of the matter is the guy can flat out score. He may not be the greatest ball handler or defender (yet) and with so much of the NBA game having players stand around, Redick could well be the next Korver, someone who just comes in and knocks down open jumpers to keep defenders honest. Wesley Person doesn't have a whole lot going for him - except he can shoot and he has hung around now for a good 10-12 years.

Reply #27545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JJ is absolutley phenominal... people try to underrate him... but once he steps to the free throw line and drians 94% you cant deny it... and i think coach K is the hands down most influencial coach of any team in any sport... he is a genius who knows defense wins games... BLUE DEVILS FOREVER!!!

Reply #27568 | Report this post

jon r  
Years ago

I thing coach k is right,jj. redick has a future in the NBA,and I also think that in a year or his defense and offense will greatly improve, giving him the advantage he needs to be a great NBA player. I,m a pure duke fan and i think Redick will come out as one of the best Duke Players ever under Coach K!

Reply #28868 | Report this post

game  
Years ago

jj is a great player if he increases his defense a little bit he would be perfect.

Reply #28869 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

how tall is korver? how often does he have to carry the ball against nba defenders? same with person

Reply #29766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heck yeah

Reply #29813 | Report this post

zukie  
Years ago

my top 3 shooter would have 2 b in no order :-
jj reddick
reggie miller
larry bird
no other 3

Reply #30710 | Report this post

j.j wannabe  
Years ago

duh what do u think. no 1 can stop him

Reply #30925 | Report this post

saul  
Years ago

im a duke fan what u think im goin to say about JJ he's that dude he'll be a great addition to the NBA.

Reply #38793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hes fuckin awesome

Reply #40482 | Report this post

tommybb11  
Years ago

Here's the perfect scenario: Redick goes to the Cavs next year (who will probably have a pick around #20 or so), giving LeBron the shooter he so desperately needs. With the addition of Larry Hughes, the backcourt isn't struggling for size or defense (top two gaurd defenders in the league are Hughes and LeBron), so J.J.'s defensive deficiencies are hidden. He scores 15 a game simply on kick-outs from LeBron. He's the next Steve Kerr/John Paxson, who had MJ to dish out so they could do what they did best, and needed to do nothing else.

Reply #41186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2006-Pistons Draft J.J. Reddick with their first rounder
Reddick is the gunner the Pistons have wanted so badly
With Darko,J.J.,McDyss,Delfino,Lindsey, Acker,Maxiell,and DarvinHam on the bench, the pistons will be unstoppable next year!!!!!!!!!

Reply #41334 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

j.j is underrated he is the best shooter in collage basketball and is cash from the line. People say hes to short for a sg but look at ray allen hes only a inch taller,if j.j improves his handles and defence he should be nice in the nba

Reply #41335 | Report this post

bballsis  
Years ago

i absolutely love jj..he's a straight up pure shooter and hes great for the game...i love his shot and i hope my shot ends up like that..i hope duke goes farther in the tourney next year...the ladies on espn.com think duke women will be the best next year-does ne one think duke has a serious chance of gettin both titles like uconn did? GO DUKE (do coach k and dickie v seriously post on here?)

Reply #43195 | Report this post

bballsis  
Years ago

oh yah...and jj's really hot so thats another thing goin for him!!

Reply #43197 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

reddick will cut it easily in the nba, great shot and range

Reply #45626 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

You all dont know what ur talking about...

Salim Stoudamire... best shooter in college last year. Now he's the best rookie shooter in the NBA. Redick could play for a team like the mavs who don't play Defense but if he wants to make an NBA team he better get the rest of his game up to par. I do agree he can shoot the lights out tho.

Reply #46006 | Report this post

Sandro  
Years ago

JJ has to improve his D, because if he continues to watch average defensive players dominate over him like ewing, oh boy this dude'll be riding the bench like a good old rodeo. If he has the will to play D like his will to shoot, oh s*** watch out you have Mr. Ray Allen 2. Lets see what all of you JJ haters have to say to that

Reply #46458 | Report this post

Sandro  
Years ago

A little add on, Kobe and Phil are back together again. Lakers are my favorite team and im predicting a 48-34 record. A return to respectability doesnt mean a return to the promised land..................................................right away.

Reply #46460 | Report this post

nick  
Years ago

I think JJ will not start of to hot,but will keep in there in the nba,and eventually turn into a great player to watch!.........and one thing i want to no about is what ever happen steve blake(maryland)another great shooter and is now on the wizards and he sux....hopefully JJ will not end up like that

Reply #51886 | Report this post

jj lover  
Years ago

Hey definately has a future in basketball, look at how well he is doing his senior year. I became a duke fan after i saw him play his freshman year vs. n.c.state in the acc tournament... best player ever on duke and he is going to be a big asset to what ever team he goes with in the NBA... love you JJ stay with it

Reply #60376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think JJ has pure talent and hopefully we will see him in the NBA. All we have to do is hope he will be as good as he was in college. GO DUKE!!

Reply #61822 | Report this post

darren  
Years ago

JJ redick is the best n u know it

Reply #62025 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

we all know he can shoot the lights out.what else can he do.can he defend a tall sg eg a kobe,redd,bron?

salim would have been a top 10 pick if he was 2 inches taller or 3. how different is salim to reddick?

Reply #62034 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

For once I agree with you cheeze, JJ will probably go in the 18-30 range in the draft.

Interesting reading on ESPN site - need Insider though so I will paste the article below.

No. 1? Duke has the No. 1 college basketball team in the country ... and two college player of the year candidates in J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams. The Blue Devils also just smoked the No. 2 team in the country, Texas -- a team that had two players, LaMarcus Aldridge and Daniel Gibson, ranked in the top 10 of my NBA draft prospect list.

So, my readers asked, why was neither Redick nor Williams in the top 10? Why was Josh McRoberts, a role player on the team, the highest-ranked Duke player? Am I a believer in "the Duke curse" (the urban legend that Coach K produces only NBA role players)?

Good questions.

Five answers:

One, I'm not a believer in the Duke curse. Last time I checked, Elton Brand, a former Blue Devil, was an early favorite to win the league MVP award.

Two, we all know by now that success at the college level doesn't always translate at the NBA level.

Redick is having an amazing season. However, does anyone remember a guy named Steve Alford? He averaged 22 ppg for Indiana, shot 53 percent from 3-point range in his senior season and won an NCAA title ... and went on to average 4.4 ppg in four seasons in the NBA.

Redick is bigger and tougher than Alford, and a better athlete, too. Still, he is undersized for his position, will be a defensive liability at the next level and will struggle to do some of the things he does well in college in the pros.

Scouts have noted that Redick seems to have diversified his game greatly this season, but they wonder seriously whether he'll be able to get to the rim and create his own shot off the dribble at the next level. He has learned how to do it at the college level, but on the surface it doesn't appear as though he has the tools to do the same thing at the next level.

Although a few NBA execs continue to insist that Redick could be a lottery pick, the majority of them see him in the 18-30 range in the draft. That's a big improvement from when he started the season, but I don't think you'll see him budge much more unless he grows three more inches, increases his vertical by six inches or proves to scouts he could be a point guard in the league.

Three, Williams has cracked the top 10 ... so be patient. He was impressive offensively in that Texas game. His game is still about rebounding, shot blocking and scoring near the basket, but he has improved his offensive game. That's important because his ability on that end of the floor was the biggest knock scouts had on him at the start of the season.

Scouts wish he were a little taller and a little more athletic. But rebounding and shot blocking tend to translate from college to the pros. Although he'll probably never be an 18-ppg player in the league, he could be a 10 rebound, 2.5 blocks per night type of power forward. Given the dearth of big men in the upcoming draft, that could be enough for him to crack the top 10.

Four, the best NBA prospect on the Duke team is McRoberts. He's not ready now. But he has the skills to be a lottery pick. Then again, as "Duke curse" believers could tell you, scouts thought just as highly of Christian Laettner, Danny Ferry and Mike Dunleavy Jr. ...

Finally, despite the loss, the best NBA prospect on the floor was Aldridge. He really had no trouble scoring against Williams, and numerous scouts came away from the game impressed with how he handled such a high-profile matchup against a stronger, more physical defender.

Aldridge is the total package. He's long (some claim his wingspan is 7-5), athletic, skilled, and active on both the offensive and defensive boards. His ability to score inside and outside makes him especially attractive at the next level.

His only problem is persuading his teammates to give him the ball. Aldridge isn't demanding it the way he should, which has concerned some scouts, but I think it's probably a bigger knock on Gibson, whose stock continues to sink after another shaky performance against a top team. Although there's nothing wrong with Gibson's offensive game, he struggles to run a team. Scouts continue to question seriously whether he can be a full-time point guard at the next level.

Reply #62055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is reddick ready to start at sg in his first season of nba?

Reply #62152 | Report this post

cheezebuger  
Years ago

depends who is playing behind. he wont end up at the lakers. the knicks could do with a reddick.

Reply #62154 | Report this post

Jaime  
Years ago

Reddick is the most pure shooter i have ever seen... if he gets into the nba he will do goood

Reply #63197 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

reddick will get drafted top 10 and tear it up for years to come

if he ends up at a team like the suns....omg look out

Reply #63229 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

JJ should try out for the US Olympic team. They lacked an outside shooter in Athens and the international 3 pt line is only just outside the college one.

Iverson and Jj would make a fearsome backcourt.

Reply #63233 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Can't see JJ being a starting SG. He just doesn't have it defensively of athletically to match up on Wade, Kobe etc. If he played on a team with a big PG (that can go with Kobe, Wade, Rip etc) then maybe a switch defensively would allow JJ to start.

He does have a place in the NBA and I can see him being the second coming of Mark Price (if he improves handling the rock), at worst Freddy Hoiberg. At the very very best, Michael Redd.

Some good things about JJ is he comes from an awesome program that wins with one of the best coaches in the world. You can't teach winning or shooting, both things JJ does very well at.

A top notch Centre (Shaq, Z, Duncan, Yao and in the future Bogut) and JJ playing a pick and roll would be near impossible to stop.

Reply #63242 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

Whoever says Steve Blake hasn't been sucsessful is way off. Sure he didn't do too well in Washington but that is because he was stuck behind Gilbert Arenas. This year he has started for Portland and is scoring in double digits and is getting lots of assists.

Reply #63556 | Report this post

Huge Reddick Fan  
Years ago

Reddick is perhaps one of the most versatile players Duke has ever seen. He's got the pump fake on the 3 down pat, he can drive the lane, he can screen for any of the big men to drive or pull up short inside...not to mention his quickness on defense. The NBA is all him and not to mention perhaps a John Stockton mini-me! Let's here it for Reddick!

Reply #63866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #67415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #67797 | Report this post

brittany  
Years ago

i think he is a great basketball player. i also think that he will do greatin the NBA. i personally think he is bette than allen iverson and james labron

Reply #68022 | Report this post

A E WRight  
Years ago

THe NBA should be glad to have J.J. He is a record setting shooter, he has AWESOME ball handling skills, and it is nearly impossible to gain a foul from him. He is by far the best player in the NCAA right now. I also think that when you play for the Blue Devils you are coming from great coaching. You are going to succeed on any team you choose...especially if you have the talent that Reddick has.

Reply #69585 | Report this post

Trevor Henson  
Years ago

MY FAVORITE SHOOTERS WOULD HAVE TO BE :
TOP 5

1.JJ Reddick
2.HERNANDEZ
3.Patrick Sparks
4.Dee Brown
5.#14 from north carolina

Reply #69978 | Report this post

Trevor Henson  
Years ago

Not only does he have future in the NBA hes got a chance to go to any team he wants! Good luck J.J.

Reply #69980 | Report this post

Trevor Henson  
Years ago

J.J. has heart and plays his best every game. He not only plays heard he plays his game and no one elses i think he will be among the top when he goes to the NBA if he keeps playing his game!!!

Reply #69983 | Report this post

Jordan Wright  
Years ago

Reply #70506 | Report this post

iowahawks25  
Years ago

J.J is a great shooter but he may not be big enuff of tuff enuff to handle the ball around the big boys

Reply #71931 | Report this post

iowahawks25  
Years ago

J.J is a great shooter but he may not be big enuff of tuff enuff to handle the ball around the big boys

Reply #71932 | Report this post

kim  
Years ago

He's the greatest!! Just look at the number of records that he has broken.

Reply #72187 | Report this post

leah  
Years ago

now why wouldn't he? i mean he is like the all time scorer. and he is totally awesome, and he is hot. plus there is also the fact that he writes poetry.. not to shabby!

Reply #72581 | Report this post

mz baller  
Years ago

watchin him play riite now against boston college n im telling u dis guy izz sooo wet. hes such a three point threat n if he jus works on his handles i think he would b set 4 da nba. imma a real big fan of his n i can't wait to graduate soo i cen play 4 da gurls duke ball team. luvv yew jj reddick! *muah*

Reply #73513 | Report this post

Michelle  
Years ago

I thinK he's a great PG AND A GREAT SHOOTER i think and hope he makes it to the NBA becuase i would still to love to watch him play

Reply #73550 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Name the best high-profile white guy to graduate from Duke in the last however long:

Parks, Laettner, Ferry, Hurley ..... none of these had much of an impact in the NBA so before you praise the Duke coaches, maybe they don't develop NBA players?

Reply #73555 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

good scorer, bad %

Reply #73598 | Report this post

Raistlin  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie, Hurley had his career cut short by that car wreck. Had that not happened he was on pace to blow up some assist records. Parks well he wasnt that great in college to be honest. Laettner got in at the time of one of the greatest college recruiting classes of all time. Think of who was with him? Oneil, Mourning and Laettner were the top 3. He developed into a decent player with solid numbers but was overshadoweed by accomplishments of the rest of that recruiting class. As for Redick, His stroke is undeniable. He can hit it from anywhere. People knock him and say he cant create his own shot but hes done more of that this year. The fact he averaged like 30ppg this year shows his improvement. Will he go top 10? dountful but the team thatr does get him gets a pure shooter and a persona thats all about trying to get better and put the doubters to rest.

Reply #73654 | Report this post

kim  
Years ago

JJ is the greatest player in the history of the ACC.

Duke over UConn
Final 72 - 69

JJ will finally get his championship!! Hopefully the nightmare of missing the shot 2 years ago will finally be put to rest.

Reply #74669 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

Sorry Kim he will not get past LSU.
(I have been wrong before - check abl tipping)

Reply #74671 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

jj will do as good as laetner did which isnt very good. i love duke but jj just doesnt have the strength and quickness to play in the nba for his position

Reply #74941 | Report this post

JJ LOVER  
Years ago

jj redick is the best pure shooter ive ever seen in my life he is definently a top ten pick in my book and coach k is the best coach in college b ball thats all i have to say
JJ U ROCK
GO DUKE

Reply #75455 | Report this post

I will always say that Dukes best player is JJ Reddick he HAS got a real big furture in the NBA Go JJ take them all the way

Reply #76288 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I'd love to know what country people are posting from ?
or
which part of America ?

Reply #76299 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mostly Americans finding various pages via Google.

Reply #76303 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Thats what i figured Isaac.

Still the readers of this forum might be interested to see where these kids are posting from.

I know Libertine said there were people in Europe who regularly erad this site.

Reply #76332 | Report this post

amanda  
Years ago

yes he does he will be great in the nba . also he is so fine .

Reply #76415 | Report this post

duke hater  
Years ago

no he does not i freakin hate how he playes he is a good shooter but he lacks the main point of the game... FOCUS!!! that is the reason that i hate watching duke play(except when they get beat)
thank you duke hater
p.s. i liked it when he cried the other day

Reply #76416 | Report this post

luke  
Years ago

Look JJ has a definite future in the NBA, why wouldnt he they dont allow pure shooters anymore??? what do you have to be able to dunk in high school and not be able to count to three??Look you have to look at it this way he broke alot of DUKE records that is saying alot, the only reason people hate DUKE is because they ARE ALWAYS GOOD!!!!! but JJ has the goods the next Reggie Miller I say!!! Nobody thought Reggie could cut it either

Reply #76618 | Report this post

amanda  
Years ago

the duke hater is just mad because she wants jj and cant have him.

Reply #76713 | Report this post

duke hater  
Years ago

AMANDA you know that you want him to and he is so hot.

Reply #76714 | Report this post

JeFF  
Years ago

JJ could land in the top 15 but he'll never make an impact to whichever team that would draft him in the NBA. i dont care about broken records of corz, he had 4 years of tryin to break those records. he'll just b like leattner or some white guy who can never make a difference on an NBA team. remember BOGUT?? the top college player last year?? he suck in the NBA.

Reply #76854 | Report this post

Kyle  
Years ago

reddick is a good player but he will not get to the nba he sucks!

Reply #76856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i got something to say all yall haters need to quit hating he got player of the year every year he was in college at the university of duke under the best coach he is well known as coach k. He holds the record for 3 pointers,field goals, and others and is just an all american. Every offensive record almost j.j. reddick holds in the acc with numerous other accomplishments. I dont see any other player exceed these achievments. Who is yall player who ever it is they aint better than reddick.

Reply #77199 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

jj reddick is the greatest player i've seen play for duke the jay he got stats 4 player of the year awards in college basketball or it might be 3 so some nba teams need to be bidding what evr team gets him will have a title

Reply #77200 | Report this post

amanda  
Years ago

Yes he has a great future in the NBA I tkink theat he will be great and maby even better than he was in collage.
Also he might be coming to my school Freedom High School in Morganton NC for the duke and north carolina all-star game I'M so exicted. I Love JJ .

Reply #77760 | Report this post

pitar  
Years ago

being a good player in college doesn't necessarily guarentee success in the nba. no question, reddick is a great college player. but its a waaay different style of play in the nba with bigger and better athletes. sure reddick had his way in the acc but he couldnt do shit against lsu cause they were way more athletic than anyone duke has faced. i wanna see what he does night in and night out in the nba when he's got a 6'6'-6'7' guy on him who could eat him for lunch. trajan langdon anyone? he won't be a bust, but definetly nothing more than a guy off the bench who can hit an outside shot

Reply #78819 | Report this post

the shamrock kid  
Years ago

jj will make it in the nba and be more than a marginal player or decent sub. have seen him improve every year at duke and he now is a more complete player. possily the best pure shooter in college today. but what makes me certain about his future success is his great work ethic. like bird,mullins,stockton before him he will put in the time to make himself succeed. his defensive ability will always be average but he wil not be a liabilty. bird made the second team nba defensive team a few times altho he was not a super athletic guy but always used his court sense to be a good defender. if he gets with the right team jj will make the all rookie squad. having coach k for four years also helps. some nba team will have made a great pick.

Reply #85567 | Report this post

pitar  
Years ago

ha ha, having coach k will have helped Reddick? Laughable. Having coach k in college has seemingly hurt most of the Duke players who have made the jump to the nba. Langdon, Avery, Williams, Hurley, and the list goes on. We should know by now that most of Duke's players are overrated for the NBA level. Period. This is actually a tribute to their coach because he has done such a fine job masking his players' deficiencies and playing to their strengths. Sure, Reddick scored all those points for Duke, but lets realize that 90% of the offense was designed for him where he could put up as many shots as he wanted. When he missed,..well, he missed. In the NBA, his first brick will send him to the bench. And please lets not mention Bird. That guy was in a class of his own and no player from this draft-white or black should be compared to him. Truth his, the best case scenario for Reddick is that he is the next John Paxon/Steve Kerr. Which isn't half bad, really. A bit overpriced at #11 but certainly not a bust. Worst case scenario? Trajan Langdon, a #11 from '97...

Reply #88148 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

J.J. Reddick sucks and will get schooled by this guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vat9WEvWaDo

Reply #152964 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Reply #152965 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

WOW ! he hit a handful of 3s in a meaningless and lazy game of one-on-one ... don't know what your point was mark ..

Reply #152967 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Mark was that player...

Reply #152968 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

ha ha ! ball for you ice.

Reply #153054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:32 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754