Bizzy
Years ago

Sixers v Tigers Sat 16th @ The Cage

A huge must win game for the team, after a disappointing loss last night on the Gold Coast and with our season on the line, I would expect the boys to come out firing.

With Crosswell out Julius has been running the point and this is going to be the key matchup - Can Gilly play good enough D to not force out bigs to get cheap fouls by letting Hodge get to the rack? The Anstey matchup is the other big one - Ballinger isn't the greatest defender nor is he big enough for Anstey but if we have Burston on him and Anstey goes to the 3-point line it leaves some huge holes in the middle of the key.

We really just need to show some heart and the want to win. We need to give it to the Tigers early and not back of for anything.

Going to be huge - I'm hoping I get too see them with the win - otherwise going to be a long flight back tomorrow.

Topic #22095 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

lets gooooooooooo....tigers!

Reply #264581 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

From last night - Burston and Ng could've/should've had more minutes. Gilly only 26mins - due to poor form,but has played some very good games and bad - would play better tonight. Ballinger's mind was elsewhere. Holmes had a quiet one.
Whilst some have said it was all Tez's fault that we lost - he put in hard. Shot poorly.
What I'm getting at - is physically, we've got plenty left in us, for tonight, so let's see if we are switched on for it.

Reply #264584 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If Ju_as plays PG, that's OK by me, coz he's all offense, no D. Gilly should run amock and draw fouls

Reply #264590 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

This isn't on Foxtel tonight is it? It's an online stream?
Please confirm.

Any word if this new import the Tigers signed by suiting up for the Tigers?

Reply #264593 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Not on Fox.
New import is playing but wouldnt expected him to play much, probably get a run sometime in the first quarter and see how he goes if he isnt fitting in the system he'll probably ride the pine, if he's an instant impact player lookout.

Reply #264597 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up DJ, I appreciate it.

Reply #264598 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

After the loss against the Blaze, I cannot see how the 36ers can win this game.

Reply #264601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Perth/Cairns game is the Fox game tonight.

Tigers by 20+

Reply #264603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers by 22

Reply #264610 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Gonna be interesting to see if they start Hill on Hodge and the like tonite.
(last nite Ubaka won the game, when he was injured and doubtful to play much)

Reply #264613 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I just can't see us getting this one, not given that they have beaten us here twice, we played last night, and of course the underlying reason: we are garbage.

Hopefully Gilchrist (after a poor showing last night) won't revert to "me" ball. We will be hurt again by our only playing 8.5 players.

It will be interesting to see how the new Tigers import goes. But, regardless of him, Tigers by 15-20.

Reply #264615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not counting us out there is still 40 minutes remaining.

I won't count the 6ers out til the final quarter and probably not til the last minute

Reply #264618 | Report this post

Looks like no Hodge tonight .

Reply #264620 | Report this post

Well Hodge playing - just late to com out .

Reply #264621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the live stream worth giving a go? Does it work?

Reply #264622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't work for me last week - kept frezing and missed the entire last quarter. I emailsed them seeking a refund/credit and no response. I'm tempted to try it again but will be really annoyed if the same thing happens.

Reply #264623 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

On the court - Ballinger Burston Gilchrist Groves Herbert.

Reply #264624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stream is working fine for me

Reply #264625 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

We lead at the end of the first Qtr, of course.
Gotta be Brad Hill's best game for 3 months.

Reply #264626 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Stream working great here too

Reply #264627 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Interesting that Melbourne has only used 7 players so far. That might be a mistake against a team that played last night.

Reply #264628 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

stream workin perfectly

Reply #264629 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hill Billy always plays better away

Reply #264630 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Hodge pretty quiet - Rose shoots a 3pointer with his first shot in NBL.
Oh no - half time. Gotta do something different to what they have been doing, this season, at the half.

Reply #264631 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

if we feel scared about what they will produce in the third, imaging what they are thinking!

Reply #264632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to make matters worse for us.....Wollongong smashing GC at half time 59-40.

Reply #264633 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

This is fkn hilarious.

Judas - 0pts, 0rbs and 5 turnovers in 23mins!

Now we just gotta get this W and shut that prick's mouth up...

Reply #264634 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

And here comes our 3rd quarter fuck up. Technical foul (who on I wonder?), followed by Hodge's first basket, followed by a MacKinnon three. Down 6, timeout.

Same old shit.

Reply #264635 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yes absolutely stupid work by Ninnis.

Sixers with Possession and he gets a tech. They hit both foul shots. Then on the side ball possession they score 2. Sixers come down and miss a shot and Tigers come down and hit a 3. 7 point swing thanks for that Ninnis that was really helpful!

Other then that (and Groves missing another OPEN layup) we have been playing really good!

Reply #264638 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

And let me see if I understand this correctly: Darren Ng, who has gone 6/7 and 7/8 in the past two games, has had one shot through three quarters, but our illustrious point guard has taken 9, hitting a glorious 2?

Reply #264639 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Bandage on Hodges arm looks rediculous.

Reply #264640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

really dont understand why brad hill is on at such a crunch time in the last period. Cant shoot 4 shizen

Reply #264641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Darren should have a license to shoot

Reply #264643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really starting to appreciate Herberts Game

Reply #264644 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

crossing my fingers, really need this one (understatement i guess)

Reply #264645 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I appreciate his game too, but not when he gives up unsportsmanlike fouls when we are up 1 with 4 minutes to go.

Reply #264646 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Mutley they have been guarding Ng very well

Reply #264647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

01:40 86-83 6, Cortez Groves, freethrow missed
01:40 86-83 6, Cortez Groves, freethrow missed

GAHH

01:17 86-86 20, John Gilchrist, shot 3pt made
01:02 13, Chris Anstey, shot 3pt missed

HOORAH!

Reply #264648 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cross everything people

Reply #264649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dammit we lost :(

Reply #264650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

91-87

Reply #264651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John gilchrest shooting a three instead of going for two to tie the game is just retarded. Brett maher shooting that shot id say yeah go for it but gilchrest three point shooting is rubbish

Reply #264652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

89*-87

Reply #264653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cortez Groves can't hit freethrows for sh..

Reply #264654 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Melb 20/26 (77%) Free Throws 6/12 (50%) Adel

26 to 12 WTF. Seems like a game Im glad I wasnt at that foul count difference is HUGE. Also 50% well, common really guys

Reply #264655 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

was ng injured

Reply #264656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Darren Ng has been awesome the last two games and got a lousy twelve minutes of court time. WTF

Reply #264657 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Let's face it, we suck. On the positive side, Wollongong thrashed Gold Coast. Good, the Gong actually do deserve to make the playoffs, whereas none of the other four teams do.

Also too, Zac Delaney scored his first NBL point in that game. I should have put money on it during the preseason that he would score before Molitor.

Reply #264658 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

This only reinforces that Ninnis has to go. How Ng wasn't on in the last few minutes in deplorable.
To have the best 3 point shooter in the league on the bench is inexcuseable.
I am speechless.

See you Scotty

Reply #264659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree with that, as much as I like Wollongong as a team. If the tigers can make it with all the disruptions/injuries they've had this season, they deserve it as much, if not more.

Reply #264660 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

play the last post.

Reply #264661 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Think he means the gong would be nice to get in from where they came re their money situation.

Reply #264662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im with you Dief

Reply #264663 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

WTF just happened? Wortho lets us back in with two missed free throws and we don't even get a shot up in the 9 seconds we had?????

WTF???

Ninja would've had trouble against such a tall lineup I think that was Scotty's thinking. Still a fair casefor him being in.

Reply #264664 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i would still like him out there, even if he gets a look on a loose ball.

Reply #264665 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

Unless Darren was injured, there is no excuse for him not to be out there. Any other team would have had there best shooters on.
To have Groves and Gilchrist on lieu of Ng is pretty weird.
Check the stats.

Reply #264668 | Report this post

joker  
Years ago

no more to say the facts speak for them self thankyou scott great leadership again . to the player who wanted to be a hero and passed the ball when all was lost please go home .to the rest of us suffering fans look on the bright side we get FEB to our self lets go fishing .my last blog my last dollar as a fan.

Reply #264669 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

Sorry about the grammar - THEIR best shooters

Reply #264670 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Dief, Ng was heavily guarded when he was out there! They weren't going to give him open shots. So he wasn't effective out there and thats why Ninnis rightly had him on the bench. Perhaps he could have came on for the last few offenses though but that might have caused match up problems.

X, Ballinger shot a 3 to win the game so we did get a shot up.

Reply #264671 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Was a very entertaining game to watch.

Ninnis' tech was costly as we had the momentum at the time.

Groves missing his 2 free throws was also costly, but then Wortho missed his 2 as well.

Balls was also unlikey not to get foul shots when anstey ran into him with 8 seconds to go.

Reply #264674 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Tigers win all but ends 6ers chances of finals.

Ninnis' coaching, like Lemanis has been poor.

Reply #264675 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

In a close, hard fought game - could've gone either way.
Hodge turnover - Ninnis Technical foul.
Herbert - unsportsmanlike - Hodge shoots 2points.
Probably the biggest mistakes we made to lose.
Concentrate on the GAME.

Reply #264676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That live stream was actually fantastic. I will be using that again in future. Yeah I say in future 'cause I'll be supporting my team again, and again regardless of what has happened this season.

Captain "obvious" as he was called was a superstar. His someone I will watch where ever he goes BUT hopefully that's no further than ADELAIDE!

You tried hard tonight Sixer's, at least that stood out.

Scott Ninnis what the hell was that foul about, was it really worth it?.

Keep your head up Fella's.

Reply #264677 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Thanks KJ, didn't show up on my LiveStats.

Well at least Hodge played like a retarded donkey on crack, I'm sure he thinks that win was all him though.

Reply #264678 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Thats what money can do when you can afford to restructure half way through the season.
we are on a tight budget obviously and could afford no changes to the player list or coaching.
I for one am a frustrated supporter but am grateful that we are out there playing.
Ninnis doesnt seem to be learning as fast as he needs to and our on court dynamics, particularly offensively suffer for this. He doesnt use his assets well!
He should listen to replays of the game commentries.
Very telling.
Very exiting game tonight,away game against an in form team, result in doubt right down to the last couple of seconds . Pretty good performance really.
Very entertaining, thanks 6ers, thanks rivus, better than foxtel!

Reply #264679 | Report this post

Dief  
Years ago

KJ: Thanks for the info - I am sure he was heavily guarded.
What about the rest of the team setting screens to allow him space. He is probably the best catch and shoot in the league.
It just enphasises the lack of team plays and co-ordination.
It says, OK Melbourne, you win with Darren, we will have to do something else.
Surely we should dictate to them, not the other way around.
So frustrating watching a team with potential go down because of lack of cohesion within the group.

Reply #264680 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Wow, fair discrepancy in the free throw attempts:

Tigers 20/26
Sixers 6/12

Reply #264682 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

Ninja just tweeted: Lost by two to the Tigers. Stomach starting to feel better now

either he was sick or he didn't like losing by 2?

Reply #264684 | Report this post

AO  
Years ago

Mad Game. Ninnis is an idiot for calling the time out with the tigers position at the FT line. He she have saved it for when Wortho Missed. Or after that play anyway.

Anyway good win for the Tigers but they should have one by more. It was only close cuz DJ cant play defence for shit. As soon as Anstey went to the bench the gave up the lead. DJ need to learn how to play. He goes to anyone who has the ball (even when they are already guarded) and leave a man wide open. I cant stand him.

Reply #264685 | Report this post

AO  
Years ago

Mad Game. Ninnis is an idiot for calling the time out with the tigers position at the FT line. He she have saved it for when Wortho Missed. Or after that play anyway.

Anyway good win for the Tigers but they should have one by more. It was only close cuz DJ cant play defence for shit. As soon as Anstey went to the bench the gave up the lead. DJ need to learn how to play. He goes to anyone who has the ball (even when they are already guarded) and leave a man wide open. I cant stand him.

Reply #264686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng was suffering with gastro all day

Reply #264687 | Report this post

AO  
Years ago

sorry about the double post

Reply #264688 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah - Ng funny tummy accounts for only a little bit of court time and performance.
But still the tech was way tooo costly, when we had possession. Not good. concentrate on the game, rather than an American Import that used to play for us.

Reply #264689 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

maybe you guys and Hodge have something in common after all:

from his twitter - I'm going to be politically correct... And simply stated..IN YOUR FACE! But honestly Adelaide has a talented team. Need more instruction but

Reply #264691 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Ninnis is a d..khead and finally his stupid incessant arguments have cost the 36ers a game. Not just any game but a must win game. I have tolerated him for a long time because of the nice guy he is off court but this is the straw that broke the camel's back. He always has to look elsewhere for blame instead of realising its his incompetent coaching that sees the team in this dire condition. He has definitely got to go. How dare he does this not only to his team but to the fans. This is despicable Scott and it can't be emphasized enough how angry the fans are. Sorry to come across so strongly but if I had put it any softer, it wouldn't have described how I feel right now.

Reply #264693 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

"Right now - I'd be asking Goorjian for a ballpark."
I think Isaac said that.
"Adelaide has a talented team. Needs more instruction." I think Julius said that.

Reply #264694 | Report this post

Swooptothehoop  
Years ago

All we can do now is play out the season.

I am trying to be positive here and am assuming/hoping SOS went light this year with the team as it was an interim season, we didnt have any sponsors and there was a lot of uncertainty surrounding the league.

It is clear what needs to happen next year;
Cut Loose;
- Coach Ninnis
- Tez
- Hill
- Gilly (50/50)?

Recruit;
- A good coach with a proven record or a guy who was a great PG as they usually have good coaching careers (Brett Maher, I'm talking to you! :-) )
- Shooting Guard
- Small Forward
- PG if we cut Gilly

Heres hoping the SOS were saving money this year and waiting to get some good sponsors on board in preparation for the next season.

The way I see it, they gave Ninnis this year to prove his worth and hasnt been able to get the job done...good guy but not a coach's butt hole!

Just my thoughts...

Reply #264696 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Prob gonna get shot down for this but Scottys tech had to happen, 4 very similar plays in a row at both ends saw 4 fouls called one end and not the other. Something needed to be done. The T was to late and at a poor time I thought earlier when he was warned was actually I good time for Scotty but he walked away after three ref warning raising whistle to mouths lol.

Ng had gastro hence little court time.
Gilly dribbled out the time until dishing to Balls for the buzzer beating shot at three. Not a terrible option BUT the key was wide open and even if that was the intended play I would have like to see a drive one one one and than either layup, foul, dish to the three ball better options than standing there dribbling it out.

Herberts unsportsmanlike was crap, just a hard attempt at blocking. Anstey fouled similar and it was called normal.

Great game to watch good tempo to it, just a shame we couldn't get it done even after Wortho missed 2 FT's!

Reply #264697 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I don't think the team would have been super cheap but as mentioned I would rather a cheapish team than no team. If I'm not mistaken I think ninnis did a similar timeout mistake last game using our last TO at the line rather than after to advance the ball.

Reply #264698 | Report this post

dave  
Years ago

Disappointing but in the end, thats what you get with a substandard coach and substandard backcourt. In every post I have written, I outline that Gilchrist is not a team player but a ball hog, and his last ditch effort for a 3 that missed, does outline that.
Next season, I hope there is no all american backcourt cos that was a flop despite having potential, perhaps someone like Aaron Bruce(yeah I know...sour grapes for me). Brad Hill will stay cos SOS own the club and he is sorta part of it all with a family member part of it. I hope Tez gets thrown out. And also dont go for an import. They either suck, whine, or show no leadership. Go for something different, try and aboriginal or something. They gotta be out there. Think outside the square 6ers.

Reply #264700 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

DJ, one of the cheats who reffed last time we played Melbourne was in Perth last night (the Hedgehog) so I know he wasn't there, but what about the Monopoly Man, if the refereeing was that bad I'd bet some serious money on him being a part of it.

Reply #264701 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Disappointing result in the end.

Out of the blocks like a greyhound, then fade away, then chase jerseys rest of the game.

We put too much pressure on ourselves and our 9 man team. The Molly situation needs to be resolved, or our fellas need to be fitter that ironmen.

Reply #264705 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

The timeout as I was saying to DJ after the game was a catch 22 - as you can't call a timeout on the floor anymore it has to be on an inbounds - so either Scotty waits and Wortho misses one he made the right call - he doesn't take the time out and Wortho misses both but the ball is rebounded he's an idiot.

We lost the game from some poor decision making by one of our guards - Balls, Burston, Herby and Jake all had been shooting well but when they scored a bit too much one player decided it was time to get theirs.

At one point Jake was wide open on the three and our player decided to look at him, and then ignore him for nearly the whole shot clock while Jake stood there without a defender in sight.

Ninnis' tech as DJ mentioned was needed and the ref I think was a bit unfair giving it to him then anyway as he barely said or did anything - he complained way more on a call earlier.

Herbie's unsportsmanlike was crap - I wanted to see him foul harder.

Unfortunate for us too lose but most of our team showed some character.

Ng was crook - and was pale as anything after the game.

Reply #264714 | Report this post

Victorian  
Years ago

Don't blame the refs or Ninnis - your teams foul shooting cost the 6ers the game. What a gr8 atmosphere and venue the Tigers create at the Cage. The 6ers could learn how to put a game night on like that at the Dome - fabulous night at the cage and the game was good as well. Gr8 Arena.

Reply #264739 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Exactly, Scotty made the right call on the timeout but I wonder If they spoke about wortho missing both thus being only down 2 or if they only concentrated on plays for down 3 and down 4?

Past sixers teams would have adjusted no matter what was discussed.

Even though we lost it was a great game and except for a PG that doesn't seem to be in sync with the team we played pretty hard and for 4qtrs. Surely the gong have almost secured 4th spot now.

Reply #264742 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oh, Victorian, spoken like a tru Victorian, you are so GR8!

Thank goodness Australia has Victorians to lead the way

Reply #264746 | Report this post

Ian  
Years ago

He's right though, we could learn a lot from the a team with crowds half the size of ours. Gr8 comment.

Reply #264747 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yeah - Disappointing to miss F/Ts - But Gilchrist steal and 3points on Groves miss and melbourne missed.
I still think the Tech - cost us the game, more than anything else.
Even though Ng was crook and Ballinger did his back in the second quarter.
BALLINGER - is out now crook back. Probably for rest of the Season.
(In Darwin - preseason coaches asked refs to call the game more tightly and they would sit down and shut up a bit more. Ninnis didn't go and got a tech up there as he didn't know about it.)
Wouldn't think we'd win many without Ballinger.
Probably tell Ninnis now - I think. 6th is not good enough and tech is not acceptable. And if he walks he walks. It's all over anyway.
Groves as an aussie would get an NBL gig.
It's gonna be up to our new coach. Probably Goorjian I would say.

Reply #264748 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

Victorian sorry to break it to you champ, but I have been to a game at the cage in it definately was not GR8. That place is a little pea sized shit hole, and I actually left feeling a little embarrassed at what I saw, M8

Reply #264749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dome > Cage

Reply #264750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I couldn't believe it when I went to the cage. It's so SMALL! Its less than just the lower section at the Dome. Similarly to Justin, I found it mildly embarrassing that an NBL team plays in such a pathetically small "stadium". Really glad we play at the dome and have 5000 per game instead of 2500

Reply #264753 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

i was at the game and the reason that NG was not on the court was because he was crap. Balls had an open three as time expired to win but missed. worthington killed us. Things went south after ninnis was called for a tech when we had the ball after this melbourne was in control for the rest of the game.

Reply #264754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Cage is cheap.
Hence melbourne has money

Reply #264755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ng was sick ffs and the cage is cheap for a reason

Reply #264757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also, it was not mentioned that Wortho ran through Ballinger with about 8 seconds on the clock, knocked him flat on his arse, and it was an out of bounds call instead of a foul!

Reply #264786 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anon? Clearly didnt see the game or a bad memory, Anstey ran through Ballinger with 8 seconds to go not Wortho.

That call whilst terrible was not how/why we lost the game. We still regained possesion and had a shot/chance.

Reply #264796 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

BMC is a great venue but so is the Cage. Yeah it's small but that's pretty common in the world of pro basketball.

Reply #264809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad Memory DJ - could have been the couple (or more) beers that I had!

It wasn't one play that stuffed up the game for us,we missed numerous shots, made bad decisions etc.

Fact is - it should have been a foul, you dont end up on your butt like that for no reason.

We were in the penalty and should have at least had the chance to tie it up with free throws. I would have felt more confident with Balls at the stripe(FT% 85.7)with the chance to go to OT than a last second prayer.

Chances are if it had been an Adelaide player that put a Tigers player on his butt like that, there would have been a foul called.

Reply #264813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In saying the above DJ, it was an awesome, intense game. I would rather lose like that rather than getting pumped by 20.

Reply #264815 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Whilst small, the Cage is a great venue to watch basketball. However it is in a poor position.

Reply #264816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MORON! NG crap, yeah, check the previous games stats. NG also had food poisionig. Ballinger played a mad game and through back injury and Anstee pulled a filthy foul on him that wasn't even called correctly. That was a joke of a call.

Reply #264824 | Report this post

BabyJ  
Years ago

I bet if the Tigers were down by 2 with 8 seconds to go and Anstey had the ball and someone breathed on him a foul would have been called.

Ballinger has been getting mugged all season and not getting any justice. Maybe the refs don't like him because he is a ranga??

Reply #264833 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

NG was bad though if you watched the game you would have seen how much Sam Mckinon killed him. he was a liability on defense and couldn't get a shot on offence. that said he was sensational the previous two games

Reply #264846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh of course, the Refs screwed the Sixers again, Anstey would have been looked after, Ballinger gets no calls, Worthington is dirty.....blah blah blah

How about Oh bugger - we are not actually good enough!!

Reply #264849 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

"NG was bad though if you watched the game you would have seen how much Sam Mckinon killed him".

Was Ng really on Sammy Mac? If so, what lineup were we running to end up with that matchup? Yikes!

Reply #264854 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

For Sure Balls at the line is better than the last chance Three.

But as Wortho showed they can easily be missed ;)

Still think Gilchrist should have looked to go one on one in that last play, the keyway was wide open and when he wants it (and if you dont want it at the end of a game when do you want it!) he is pretty darn good/strong in that driving/getting bumped situation - even a penetrate and kick.

Of course Ng was terrible when he was on, he was crook, why would he not be below norm when crook, hence why he played very little minutes.

Beantown it's more that the Tigers look to run Sammy Mac at the 2 and we run Ng at the 2, not a great matchup but far from anything to do with a game deciding moment, Sammy Mac did his damage late in the game when Ng was well and truly done.

Reply #264863 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Thanks DJ, I didn't realise Sammy was playing 2 guard now! If the Sixers had a team that could exploit matchup problems better, I would have thought we could have burned the Tigers badly with Sam's footspeed being pretty suspect at SG - especially if they were playing Hodge at PG too!

Reply #264865 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Beantown, watch the game this Weds and youll see Sam Mackinnon is back to his days of being able to guard anyone. He had Kirk Penney tied up on the dribble on Thursday night.

Mackinnon is in ominous form for the rest of the league, it spells trouble when he is hitting his threes and FTs.

Reply #264870 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

DJ, I wasn't at the game but from what I heard it wasn't just possession we needed in the last 8 seconds but 3 free throws from Ballinger if the foul was called as it should have. Ballinger had a good opportunity of making all 3 shots putting the 36ers 1 point ahead. The Tigers then would have had possession with 8 seconds to go which would have put a lot of pressure on then to make a good shot.

Reply #264922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did ballinger have any possession where he wasn't 'fouled'

Reply #264930 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It would have been 2 free throws as it was at the far end - but it was definitely a foul. I think it happened too quick for the ref to see what actually happened (Mills - two shockers in a row the last two weeks).

Reply #264948 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While, only yesterday I read Boti article that Ninnis has asked NBL/Mills to show video and explain some of his decisions. ( Which the refs actually agreed they would do this Season and I thought was a good idea, when I heard about it at the start of the Season.But now I'm not really sure if we should/need to go down that track, as a club.) And Ninnis said that also at the press conference that he shouldn't have been Teched. Which agen - he's blaming the refs for our loss.

Reply #264951 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Ballingers foul was after a defensive rebound he picked it up and anstey ran through him so it would have only been 2 FT's to tie the game. Whilst yes the FT's would have been good to have my point was more we still had enough time to run a good play and try to tie/win.

To be honest I don't think the ref saw it as the Balls had possesion and everyone was heading down the sixers end by the time he saw it was two bigs on the deck and the ball spilling out of bounds off ansteys leg.

Ninnis had to know that tech was coming. He stretched the ref along way earlier on and received plenty of warnings and I still can't believe the ref didn't Tech him on that one he raised his whistle three times and was turning pretty red in the face.

Sure the one he copped it for was probably pretty low key but in the context of the game it wasnt overly surprising, just disappointing cause it was a bad time to give up a tech.

Reply #264953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754