outside the arc
Years ago

Rumour: Brendan Joyce to coach Sydney?

Heard a rumour Brendan Joyce could be a possibility for the Sydney job. If Son of Joyce isn't there he mighten be a bad signing, given he has won a championship.

Topic #22419 | Report this topic

Young Gun  
Years ago

I'd really be disappointed if he got a head coaching gig ahead of Alan Black & Ian Stacker.

Reply #269184 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

That sounds good and we get Goorjian.

Reply #269186 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Is that you again Thomas?

Reply #269188 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

not sure what you mean there Mutley

Discuss.....

Reply #269189 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Thoughts?

Reply #269190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do we in Australia always recycle old coaches/players and not look for new inovative ideas. Stop recycling of old and in with the new (every now and again, at least)

Reply #269196 | Report this post

kcgone  
Years ago

What a great combination to get the fans at a Home game BJ and Sydney

Reply #269224 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

"Why do we in Australia always recycle old coaches/players and not look for new inovative ideas.."

New... Scott Ninnis...

Reply #269229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree Anon, I think we need to get someone who hasn't coached in Australia, inject some new blood and keep the other coaches guessing as to how you direct the players in different situations.

Reply #269240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can take Bradshaw after a less than stella performance until his final performance, there is no way that guy can stay 10 points on the cap with the game he got.
Should be re rated down to more like a 6 or 7 at best.

Wright is reported to be making decisions on who will stay and go as early as next week so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

Petrie, Vukona, Gibson should all be no brainers but Demos has spent most the season on the bench so maybe Joyce can take him too.

Reply #269242 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Goulding would be a keeper too.

Reply #269250 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Goulding would be on the wish list of a few teams...

His pay day has gone up big time...

Reply #269252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I meant to throw in Goulding too sorry.
Fantastic season for him.

Reply #269298 | Report this post

blaze011  
Years ago

I'd be happy to see Bradshaw, Pero, Demos head off. Bring in another vet that still has a year or 2 left in his tank.

Reply #269360 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Pero wont be back as a player, has a huge ammount to offer as a coach however IMO - whether its at the Blaze or back home in NZ - who knows.

Bradshaw...so much potential but it was unbelievable how many times last Tuesday he had no idea what was going on in the offence (and full court trapping defence) and had to be yelled at by Gibbo to get the right place on the floor. He seems to be one of thoe players who has all the attributes to be a great player but lacks the on court smarts to take his game to the next level. I hope he can prove me wrong.

Really dont think the Blaze need to change that much. IMO - Maxey and Bradshaw to go (I love Maxey but with Petrie and Vukona that position is easily covered) and bring in an athletic, aggressive, experienced centre.

Reply #269364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754