Kent Brockman
Years ago

NBL GF Game 3 Pay per view?

Watched the supposed best 2 teams in the league butcher the game of basketball yesterday when i heard Caey say that game 3 is live on Main Event and will be replayed at a later time.

I know fox has got to make money but the league is already struggling to get attendances/ viewers up.

By charging people to watch the game alienates a lot of people that would normally watch the game with their monthly subscription.

Does any one know if it is fix's descision or is this another NBL grab for cash????

Topic #2246 | Report this topic

Sporto  
Years ago

I thought that the game was just on Main Event due to programming conflicts (Cricket and NRL) but that it was free to watch.

Casey mentioned in the Friday night game that it was free on Main Event to watch.

Reply #25307 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Hope you are right....just checked the foxtel site and there is nothing to be on Main Event this week.

Reply #25313 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I can't believe how shit the hawks are playing right now! i don't think anybody will be paying to go see that crap theyre bringing to the table.

I don't even think that a hawk has scored 20 points in either game yet!

Reply #25344 | Report this post

Frank  
Years ago

I really hope the Hawks can put themselves back together. The Kings are playing stunning basketball and I think that no matter the opposition, they'd be 2-0 at the moment, but the Hawks just appear to give up. Hope they come back with more.

Reply #25347 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

NBL press release today confirmed it is being shown on Main Event (Pay per view) as a FREE event, and even being broadcast to Optus TV viewers as well (mainly in Melbourne and Sydney).

Reply #25445 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Yogee

Reply #25458 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 am, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754