Panthers sound system

OUCH MY EARS!! was at the panthers v sturt games tonight and OMG... worst sound system in the state! u'd think to improve the atmosphere of the stadium they'd up-grade!! and MY GOD the 2 speakers down one end of the court... DONT EVEN WORK!!! WTF?? not to mention that one end of the court is darker than the other... havent been down that way for an ABL game in a while... wow... wont be back in a hurry!

Topic #22521 | Report this topic

wazoo  
Years ago

Are you the Sturt supporter blowing her heart out on the kazoo?

Reply #270647 | Report this post

helium  
Years ago

i'll see you're south sound system and raise with a Starplex sound system

and playing some techno song instead of the National Anthem just added to the atmosphere

Reply #270665 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

well i thought your talking about st clair
now arnny from BSA you were there THERE WOULD HAVE TO BE RECOMMENDATIONS BSA TO GET SOME UPGRADES SURELY -
marion st sclair - please get up to ABA standard or play all games at wayville pasadena
court police

Reply #270666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have the money required to get these upgrades also I assume?

Reply #270667 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

no dont have money and neither do BSA obviously
my solution is to play all games at wayville or pasadena
wish to discuss

Reply #270684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

funny thing at Starplex, instead of National anthem they played AC/DC. Seemed about fitting when in Gawler, Thunderstruck is the bogans national anthem.

Reply #270692 | Report this post

Graeme_LeBroy  
Years ago

I don't know which was more ordinary last night... the St Clair venue with severe lack of logistical preperation by Woodville for an ABA match up, or driving home and seeing two "Ladies of the night" working hard on Hansen Rd/Grand Junction Rd just around the corner from the stadium on the way home... Tough decision!

Reply #270703 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

have to agree - woyld have thought st clair vwenue would have been trying to get off to a good start but when half the lights arent in the roof - see millbanks photography reference and the must sub standard rings / you have to wwondeer
come on rationalise games to wayville pasadena - makes sense play ibn best vwenues look after the spectators / best available facilities or get the venues up to speed or at least give the impression you are trying
hats off to tigers

Reply #270723 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

I love how you think money grows on trees, "hey our stadium isn't like Pasadena, let's just pull all the change from under the couch cushions and use it to build ourselves a new stadium!" Do you think money grows on trees??? Fcuking idiots!!!
None of these clubs could possibly upgrade financially on their own. The State government has funded the Wayville stadium and has funded the upgrades to Morphett Vale. Sturt were lucky enough to get on board with a school who again received government funding to build a stadium. You don't think clubs like South and North have tried this numerous times only to be knocked back by the Governemnt? They are in the position where the Government doesn't want to give out any money for upgrades because they feel the stadiums should just be knocked down. But this statement has been made for years and still we play in those stadiums and haven't had any upgrades.
To state that all games should be moved to Pasadena and Wayville is arrogantly naive. Home clubs need games to played at home stadiums in order to make any money. Teams also have certain advantages when playing at home, so to take them away would effect results. You look at a club like Wollongong and their Home ground record, it counts for something to play at home.
I actually don't think you would get any complaints at all from the visting players. It's part of the game you enjoy and I know from a players point of view I have enjoyed playing many a games at venues such as Marion and Hillcrest purely for the atmosphere that is created there rather than playing at stale venues such as Wayville and Pasadena where the empty seats and larger venues take away from the crowd.
I would also like to see your guidelines to the "please get up to ABA standard", I didn't realise that BSA had released guidelines with set standards! Let me guess next you will be stating you can't buy a decaf soy milk frappuccino from the canteens or a 1998 Henschke Hill of Grace from the bar to go along with your Chevre goats cheese!!!
Absolute Tool!

Reply #270745 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

actually do enjoy soy milk
no my oint is that facklties eed to cater for te spectatots to grow the sportsurely home away games at neutral venue canstill allocated rerturns to home club or into central ool to be destributed - more people more funds - agree mario st clair hillcreast have character but how can they be upgraded - cant grow - so maybe idea of best venues might assist them not wanting them out of competition but sitting onntotop of people in a box at hillcrerst not much fun and how can you ask friends to attend ??
soymilk love it and yeah love a grange

Reply #270748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Player 23 - I agree 100%. I love the atmosphere of the Marions, Hillcrest etc.

The atmosphere beats anything which can be served up at the sterile stadiums of Wayville, Pasadena and Starplex. They are like cold open warehouses with most of the crowd on one side.

When going to those stadiums it is like watching the Power play North Melbourne at AAMI stadium.

Reply #270753 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

ok i starting to be swayed so how can we improve these venues - simple ways non expensive lets getting thinking - south have improved change room amentiies so credit here

Reply #270766 | Report this post

Player23  
Years ago

The main thing is seating at these venues and I think the courts need to be redone, but neither of those things are cheap (it's almost become a safety issue!). The club themselves are making small renovations to try and accomodate spectators but it is expensive and with no help from the Government it is very limited.
The best thing for both Marion and Hillcrest would be to extend out to the side; Marion have an oval on the far wall of court 2 which if Council gave up some land they could knock the wall down and put some stands in there and then change the courts to make court two the main court. Hillcrest would need to do the same thing on the southern side of the building. Both of these extensions would cost about $250k, so it's not cheap.
It would be great if the council, or State Government supported Basketball a bit more in SA, have a look at Morphett Vale, it's looking great and when the portable stands come in will be even better.

Reply #270780 | Report this post

court police  
Years ago

well done player 23 - lets get this mesasage to those who have some influence st clair has plenty space at one end also - tiger land up to standard maybe next step is south and north and so on - so long as some plan
end of day benefits basketball
pity not an election on and we could petition powers - now time to ask as they sweeten us up

Reply #270808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marion Stadium I believe was built as a training venue only and never designed for what it is used for today.Many of the past South Committee's have fought hard for a new Stadium. There were even plans drawn up a few years ago attaching a new 3 court stadium to the Marion Sports Club which also included the demolition of the old stadium and returning that area back to a green zone. The entrance would be via Sturt Road but there again at that particular time who has approx 2 million dollars

Reply #270825 | Report this post

Hmmm?  
Years ago

#692- a small technical hitch at Starplex saw the first couple of bars of AC/DC was played instead of the national anthem which has gone by the board now anyway, thank goodness- quite inappropriately over-used. At least it could be hearad and cleanly, not like so many of the substandard sound systems in so many of the stadiums. haven't been there this season yet, but I think Eastern's is around the mark?

Reply #271811 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:28 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754