Jeff
Years ago

Australias up and coming stars

Was just wondering if i could get some info on some of australias up and coming talent. I heard Aus won the albert S tournament up in Germany. What kids from here did well. I only know of Anthony Drmic and Jackson Aldrige. Who else and more info on the above two would be nice thanks.

Also and SA kids?

Topic #22837 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Is that you, Brett Brown?

Reply #275294 | Report this post

enonymous  
Years ago

I thought it was Marty Clarke

Reply #275299 | Report this post

kad  
Years ago

You are all wrong, it's Neil Craig.

Reply #275301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mitch creek was prob the best performer

Reply #275305 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Mitch Creek was tournament MVP!

Reply #275306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Hadziomervic... "IGGY"

Reply #275309 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Creek, Drmic and Aldridge all made the tournament all-star 5.

Hadziomerovic was solid if not good.

Reply #275310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All the girls in SAC U18, just ask the parents

Reply #275313 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Only Talbot, Wilson, Thompson (SAC).

Reply #275315 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

There are spies amongst us.

Reply #275319 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Greenwood is a good player not a flash tournament but . Mitch creek was very good .

Reply #275321 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

Greenwood is a good player not a flash tournament but . Mitch creek was very good .

Reply #275323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stefan Osborne didn't play but is an up and coming player. Playing for ballarat at the moment.

Reply #275324 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Greenwood would be the one for me to watch....

Reply #275347 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

LC, it was Greenwood, Creek and Aldridge who made the all-star 5.
It was a great tournament to attend, and honestly, Creek was the energy guy. Whenever he was in the ball game, things were happening.
Greenwood's leadership was outstanding throughout the whole tournament, and he has a 'smooth' and mature game

Reply #275349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

275313 Another courageous post by you , keep them coming - we all know what a coward you are, lets hope your child doesn't follow you for character.

Reply #275350 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yes - thanks for the correction - you are right.

Reply #275354 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Watching Greenwood last yr at the U18 championships showed me he is on the way to the next level..
Would love to see him head to college..if he hasn't begun already...

Reply #275356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good young talent is Shane heal he is a young dynamo who shoots the ball well from range.

Reply #275362 | Report this post

Showtime  
Years ago

Watched 20 Nationals in Gawler

Greenwood
Creek

Both could star in NBL IMO

Aldridge and Daly

Can both play but maybe a bit small for NBL

Cadee

Reminds me of Ng

Drmic

Doesnt impress me

No Big stood out to me

Reply #275388 | Report this post

Yo mama  
Years ago

you watched 20s nationals in Gawler yet in your rundown posted above left out the player who won the tournament MVP?

Reply #275390 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

showtime. drmic dosent impress?
well i dont know who your watching but that kid has got talent, could easily play in college or europe and do well

Reply #275396 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I would expect most of the AIS class to head to college once they graduate...

Reply #275399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe igor wont go to college

read interesting interview from the albert schweitzer tournament here
http://www.europeanprospects.com/tournaments/2010-tournaments/albert-schweitzer-turnier/the-euro-connection-of-gold-medal-emus-at-the-ast-2010/

Reply #275403 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice..confirms that it is likely that they will al head to college

Reply #275404 | Report this post

SG  
Years ago

David Humphries will be a big up and coming SA player to show his game in the next few seasons

Reply #275450 | Report this post

AustCamp  
Years ago

Who is David Humprhies, what has he done?

Reply #275451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David Humphries is a young guy from Kadina, that is sort of in a similar boat to a James Harvey that wasnt really a state player (didn't try out) and whether he has played School ball or ABA he has done very well. I have heard in school nationals he was averaging like 40 a game, and some of the local ABL guys I have talked to rate hime highly. The word is that he will go and play Div 1 college somewhere.

Reply #275476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't try out because he wouldn't have made it. Trinity kids talking him up again.

Reply #275480 | Report this post

Anoneeemus  
Years ago

Whoever wrote the comment about David Humphries not makig the State team is a joke!!! He has game and at the state school champs against guys like maynard etc.... he dominated them. Now that is not a crack at the other guys it is just that Davis has been underrated and is a quality up and coming player which is what this thread is about. And I am not a Trinity player or a Lions player. I speak it as I see it. (Quality in the Future)

Reply #275580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Say it again, he wouldn't have made that team. School ball is way different to Under 20 nationals. He would have been found out, especially defensively. No real defense is played in any level of school basketball. If he's an up and comer why isn't he playing ABL this year. Most of his age group are and doing very well. He's a good player but in a tier below the top guys.

Reply #275585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

David just had shoulder surgery and is ut for a period of time (that's why he isnt playing. he played very well Last season and was a starter this season if the shoulder injury wasnt a problem. Lay off him Anon he is a good player with a lot of talent. What is your problem with a talented guy?

Reply #275591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PS: anon compare him to someone his age in SA? who is better? just a question not a stab.

Reply #275593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perimeter top age Under 20 boys, Bond, Daly, Doyle, Elliott, Maynard, all are better and most of these significantly better both ends of the floor. I'm not having a go at him, just giving my assessment. He's good, those guys are better. I'm not talking school ball, that's playground stuff and not relevant to being an up and coming player, which is the thread.

Reply #275599 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

David Humphries has played a lot better at the ABL level last season than those guys and he is yet to play a game this season due to injury. A comparison with these guys is not even close. David in my opinion would work any of those guys in a serious game.

Reply #275655 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

Yep stop talking your son up or is this you dave, yes i agree he is a good player but better than the boys above not to sure, when was the last time he made state? The only "D" david has is in his name, I do agree he can shoot but needs to work harder on D....

Reply #275661 | Report this post

WTF  
Years ago

The idea of this thread is up and coming Aussie players. David did not make state as he did not try out. I can't see why ge is not getting due credit for what talent he does have. Instead if being jelous his name is up here give a talented young guy credit. No one at his age is a complete player so if his d needs work so be it. But the guy gas shown a level of talent that warrants a mention. Enough said.

Reply #275678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this Dave guy hasn't pitted his talent in the highest level of competition in the nation; tried out for Shis tate made that cut, been selected for Australian camps and made that cut and made an Australian team how can you possibly say he is the best up and coming talent. Its like saying a guy is a genius but he isn't willing to sit a test. There would be millions of guys all over the world in Australia, but especially in the playgrounds of the US that have talent but just never make it because they don't have the work ethic, desire or simply passion to challenge themselves at the highest level they can.

Reply #275684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

....and he has tried out for state before (20s last year). Didn't make it.

Reply #275696 | Report this post

Yep!!!!  
Years ago

Haters, (we all know politics plays a big hand in who gets selected in state teams and such. James Harvey is a prime example of this) whoever said it comes just down to work ethic must not have been a ball player. You don't ride a young kid off at the age of 18-19. Lenard Copeland started ball at that age. Or should I just agree with the fish bowl mentality that whoever is a state player or a sasi player are the best and only good players around.) Talent is talent. Comments like the one above hurts basketball because if anyone wants to make it in the game of basketball in Australia they have to of made state U16's U18's and then played AIS or they have no chance. This models encourages players with talent to leave at a young age. (Now I am not saying that state teams are bad or that sasi is bad I am saying that players can still be good if they dont make these things. Don't ride them off.

Reply #275808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have personally seen david and most of the others mentioned in this thread play, i believe david and daly are the only two that i think have the game to play college ball. State basketball is all about who you or your family knows for many of the kids selected. I would like to see what some kids that got picked over him have done lately? also he played ABL last year and impressed me and many scouts

Reply #276172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have personally seen david and most of the others mentioned in this thread play, i believe david and daly are the only two that i think have the game to play college ball. State basketball is all about who you or your family knows for many of the kids selected. I would like to see what some kids that got picked over him have done lately? also he played ABL last year and impressed me and many scouts

Reply #276173 | Report this post

tempo  
Years ago

well well here we are and he has just made the all American 1st team div 2 the only freshman to do it not bad for a bench warmer at West Adelaide and North Adelaide his game took off when he went to Central Districts,you know what they say cream allways rises to the top

Reply #412757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't he playing at D1 level?

Reply #412804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a number of big players with potential but they will be dragged down by our obsession with dragging down "tall poppies" as coaches choose little guys with hustle to make themselves look good.

Reply #412886 | Report this post

westy  
Years ago

same conference Rhys Elliot played previous two years, also the same level josh bond was recruited for, Chris Clausen who is playing for Central Lions played at the same school as well. 1st team all American is a great honor at njcaa. Going to be interesting to see where he ends up after. What have all you doubters have to say now about Dave Humphries, never made any state teams, was underrated. All are going to be very surprised on where he ends up.

Reply #414029 | Report this post

tempo  
Years ago

It allways has been who you know in south australian basketball,he has been the most underated player in SA be interesting to see who he ends up with after he has finished at junior college.He did play state country kept the bench warm there as well!!well say no more about state country.

Reply #414830 | Report this post

Vitale  
Years ago

ya gotta love you guys up north - absolutely clueless.

A few players over the years have had poor advice and been hampered as a result. One kid, one of teh most talented kids in the nation as a 16 yr old, quit the AIS, then decided to head to some Juco in hicksville, destroying his basketball career and probably damaging his educational opportunities along the way, then transferring again to some other hicksville school. Then you got Humphries who pulled out of a guaranteed selection for U20 nationals, before heading to hicksville juco, hampering his development and opportunities.

When they drop the ego out there and actually help kids achieve in the highest levels the sport can offer rather than finding, alternate paths, that their US mates suggest, to stroke their own egos, the better it will be for these kids.

Meanwhile lots of kids from SA are tearing it up in the D1 and D2 NCAA.

Peter Hooley is tearing up the D1 NCAA, just competing in march madness against Duke University. Or Lahcy Prest playing UNC with Nicholls State or Claybrin and Maynard turning Bryant's fortunes around as one of the most improved D1 programs in the nation.

Reply #414866 | Report this post

jpeg  
Years ago

just see that Humphries is starting to get some Div 1 offers 2 time all American in Div 2 gonna end up with a good college i would think

Reply #471766 | Report this post

tempo  
Years ago

well David Humphries just finished in Hicksville juco hampering his development and opportunities (see what Vitale said) .and is now being chased by an ex NBA coach to play for him,that cream is rising to the top

Reply #472964 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754