giant killa
Years ago

Wilkey Vs Gower

These two should go at it in the game next week at as they have both been development players for the 6'ers but I think that Wilkey will come out on top as he is playing "D" and scoring where as Gower seems to be just banging bodies and throwing elbows from all accounts. What do you think? Who else will match up in this game?

Topic #2390 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Just banging bodies? Last week, Gower had 18 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists and 3 steals. In three games, his scoring output has been 19, 19 and 18. It will be interesting whoever he matches up on, but I think "just banging bodies" is a little short of the truth. And he doesn't throw elbows -- he holds them there and waits for people to run into them. ;)

Reply #26787 | Report this post

SKYHOOK  
Years ago

Gower is a bloody good player whebn his head is in it .. He could easily prove to be Wilkey's achilles heel .. just as Wilkey could score a ton on him if he gets into Todd's head!
Will be a good game .. Sturt will win !

Reply #26790 | Report this post

Given  
Years ago

Its hardly a match up is it? Wilkey playing the 2, Gower the 4/5?? and Wilkey has game. Gower has a monkey on his back, and a chip on his shoulder, and it will always be there, the ABL community all know it.

Centrals will walk the walk.

Reply #26808 | Report this post

easterbunny  
Years ago

Seriously,

I have a lot of time for gower as a player. He is one of the better players in the Central but there are not too many players, if any, in the central conferecne that could beat wilkey right now. INfact the only person that can beat wilkey is wilkey.

Reply #26820 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Wilkey will destory gower ,, I really cant see him shutting down wilkey .. i would think gower will match up on watson anyway... i belive the way wilkey is going he desterves gowers sixers spot

Reply #26843 | Report this post

Given  
Years ago

Gower match up on watson WTF!!!!!

Gower plays near 4/5, watson's no forward/centre ??!? Dont worry, clayton will be the one destroying gower, wilke and watson will just be finishing the story. just log on to www.alienforehead.com to get the latest tips on this game.

Reply #26868 | Report this post

old_balls  
Years ago

People, lets just accept the fact that both are good players - and crucial to the success of their respective clubs.

Inflammatory comments made by those not directly associated with either ABA programme do nothing to enhance the integrity of the league.

Gower is having a solid season - and unfairly received flack for his involvement in the 36ers squad. He would have been a fool to turn down the opportunity. And as for Wilkey, he is trying to expel his reputation as a club hopper, and the growing maturity in his game will ensure he remains a star in the league.

Reply #26876 | Report this post

food 4 thought  
Years ago

honestly, Gower is a mistake in the NBL, even though he has had a few good games...... many players are more worthy of a sixers uni!!! Yes he can play at the ABA level, but with that much NBL training i would hope anyone could do the same!!! Just cos Brett Rainbow played NBL, it doesn't mean he was a good player.

As for Wilkey, he can shoot the rock with the best of em, but he lacks that certain something.... to be called great...... Although i hope he proves me wrong - Love ur work Justin!!!

Reply #26881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:46 pm, Fri 10 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754