Isaac
Years ago

Mitch Creek debut planned for Dec 3

The 36ers next game is home to the Townsville Crocodiles on December 3rd. Mitch Creek is expected to make his long awaited debut at this game.

Topic #24353 | Report this topic

SRT070  
Years ago

Now this im looking forward to! there is alot of talk about this mitch creek fellow, personally i didnt know who he was until everyone was talking about him. should be a good youngster by the sounds of it.

Reply #297030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You all might not want to build him up too much. There's no guarantees he's going to be any good. I hope I'm wrong though.

Reply #297033 | Report this post

quasi  
Years ago

Creek looks promising. Wonder if Clarke will start him or keep rolling with Holmes and Hill in the starting 5. Hopefully Creek is good enough to relegate one of these two (probably Hill) to the bench and then if Winder is replaced quickly, something can be made of the season. Real pity about Herbert's injury. We're missing him badly, especially on defence.

Reply #297035 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I have people tell me he is the next Joe Ingles and peopel who have said he will be more like Molitor and just play junk minutes. So I really have no expectations (or idea) at this point.

Reply #297037 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Creek is a rookie, and a young one at that. He is going to be a very good player, and he may have a good impact this year. But dont expect this kid to be a saviour right now, he is making his pro debut in one of the toughest leagues going around, it could take him a while to find his feet, especially coming off an injury.

Reply #297038 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I don't think I'll make it to this game as it's the work XMAS function that evening.

I haven't attended the last 2 and the fellas are begging me to attend and I might budge and go.

Reply #297047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel sorry for Creek so many uneductaed fans will give him 2 games to prove himself, but you have to give players time to mature to and get used to the speed of the NBL compared to junior leagues...expect minimal and be happily surprised.

Reply #297050 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

As pointed out by many, Creek is a very promising prospect who has represented Australia at junior level. He is a serious athlete but is also making a jump up into the pro ranks coming back from injury.

Give the kid some time and he will be a very good player.

Reply #297053 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Considering guys like Holmes and Forman are starting; it took them about 6-7 years to get there though.

Not expecting great things yet; so will give him the benefit of the doubt. The real issue would be that "if" he turns out to be a gem, whether the team can hang onto him for long.

Reply #297054 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Just out of intense curiosity, how much would Creek be getting paid?

Reply #297060 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Creek would be on league minimum I would think given he is a young rookie directly out of the AIS. Can anyone else elaborate?

Creek IMO will spend 2-3 years in the NBL as he develops and finetunes his game, and then head overseas. I think he is a real talent and could go places...

Reply #297061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if he doesn't get a cent he would still be eligible to go to college? is that right?
certainly is in the womens and i know of 1 in the lightning that has taken the opportunity to do so...

Reply #297063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He would be on around 35k and in regards to what to expect, I think Blanchfield was a better junior but rarely seen PT last season but is doing ok this season.

Reply #297078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he was far better than blanchfield at junior level anon. but i guess thats just each persons different opinion..

Kid will be a star. plain and simple.. but no doubt you adelaide fans will be haters after a couple of games. Like how many try to say Aaron Bruce wasnt any good..

Laughable

Reply #297086 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont think many say he wasnt any good, just that he wasnt worth the money he was supposedly on.

Reply #297088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The League needs EXCITEMENT. Young AUSTRALIAN TALENT!

Not middle of the road 26 year old guys waiting for their next paycheck.

Find a way to hype Creek. Give him time, sure, but also know that he will be good and make his team better.

Creek could really be anything. He is super explosive off the dribble, but he can't really shoot it consistently.

He will also play for Victoria at the Under 20s in February next year and also play for the Australian Under 19 group as they begin their preparations for the Under 19 Worlds in Latvia next year.

Reply #297089 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The thing about Bruce is that he stopped playing basketball. Surely if your heart was in it, you'd keep playing in some pro league?

Reply #297090 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Creek can only be better than Hill. I mean if the supporters give him the same time to develope as Hill then he has 7 years to become a liability, from everything were hearing hes already past that point.

Good luck to him I'd love for him to dominate this season but give him a year or 2 and see where he is at, hopefully not to good and he pisses off overseas.

Reply #297103 | Report this post

NBA agent  
Years ago

Cant wait to see him play for the 6ers, he will be a great talent and can definitely play ball

Reply #297119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MOst people are better than Hill.
Starting Creek, is disrespecting everyone else in the side.

Reply #297133 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Give him time people.
He played the 4 spot for the Emus at the AST tournament and at the FIBA oceania qualifiers.
However, at this level he probably has to be a 3 man.
Needs to work on his jumper and fine tune his permiter game, but the athleticism is certainly there.
And you can't teach athleticism.

Reply #297135 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I have been pretty impressed with Brad Hill this year. He is not a star, but how many 24 year olds are? He has almost completely cut out the brain explosion plays, has improved his jumpshot though still a work in progress, and has been reliable.

I think this year has been a very solid step forward for him. Only Ballinger, Devries and Carter have contributed more to the team, with Dowdell at a similar level.

Reply #297145 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

I totally agree paul, Hill has been real solid so far. Much improved on last season.

Reply #297164 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Yeh must admit, i was on the get rid of Hill bandwagon last season and was devo that he made it on the team this season, but he has really proven his worth so far and he has done a good job in shutting me up. Keep up the good work Hill (still cant believe im saying that)

Reply #297165 | Report this post

Outsider  
Years ago

HIll is actually a good player to have on a time when he does not have brain farts, he is a huge danger offensively when he gets going so requires the defense to actually guard him, he may not do much every game, however he draws the D and can honestly go for a twenty point game whenever he is feeling it. The kid can score and the other teams know that which is why they still need to guard him.

As for Mitch Creek, Cant wait to see him play, and hopefully stay in adelaide for a long, long time.

Reply #297195 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Hopefully having someone else like Creek playing will spawn some sort of internal rivalry to have each of them get better.

What would be great would to be to utilize them as a fastbreak duo ala Jordan/Pippen. Especially with someone like Carter running point who has quick hands, you could arguably score a fair chunk of points off the press game that everyone seems to be running.

Infact, a Carter/Hill/Creek/Dowdell/Johnson combo is a very quick and reflexive defence. Very good on the fastbreak too.

...Now to cross everything and hope it happens.

Reply #297200 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Hilly has grown into a much better player this year. A lot of pressure last year.

Carter/Hill/Creek/Dowdell/Johnson would be pretty strong. Marty does love the Dowdell/Johnson combo, as do many.

Reckon we need to nuture DJ as he should be a marque player in a few seasons (can I have my money now DJ?)

Reply #297202 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

@Big Marty, Holmes was in his 3rd season when he became a regular starter.

Reply #297206 | Report this post

Hoops  
Years ago

I think we should Realise, If Aussie had a Draft system he would go 1 or 2. Marty should be applauded for getting him to us. BIG PICTURE People.He could of went to the States.

Reply #297211 | Report this post

Vesta  
Years ago

People please calm down.

Brett Maher didn't win start his first couple of years, nor win ROY. But was developed over a few years.

Creek will need to do the same. Still a great pick up over the 3 year plan, but not going t help us tomorrow.

Reply #297213 | Report this post

SixerFan  
Years ago

Think of a young Sam McKinnon = Mitch Creek.

If he can give the team 10-15 mins per game at 3/4, defending, running the lanes, crashing the boards and screening for the 1/2/3 then he will have had a great start to his career.

Reply #297214 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

@Vesta, Maher had to contend with Andrew Vlahov that year for RoY. And Vlahov went in as a starter, so got more exposure.

@Junga, cheers for the correction.

Reply #297217 | Report this post

Vesta  
Years ago

Marty,

Actually it was Lachlan Armfield.

Reply #297221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:21 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754