Mookie
Years ago

Blake Griffin is one to build around

Dead set beast, scary talent. Clips can build a contender around the man child. Just need to trade Baron and good times for the Clipper Nation.

Topic #24386 | Report this topic

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Trading Baron will be easier said than done...his contract is terrible. But by the time Blake is starting to hit his peak they will be rid of baron and they will be right in the mix. Bledsoe, Gordon & Blake are a good start to what could end up being a quality team.

Reply #297488 | Report this post

Junga  
Years ago

Yeah, watched the Clippers-Kings game today. Wow. It was my first look at him and can now see why people are raving about the guy so far. He's an incredible talent. If he stays healthy the guy looks to be a serious future star in the game. I know feel a bit robbed that we missed a whole season of him.

Reply #297494 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I've followed the Clippers for 20 years through bad times and ok times and well more bad times. I can't wait for the point when the Clippers become the best team in LA again.

But guys, this is the Clippers we are talking about, the CLIPPERS! The curse will strike again or management will intervine. Time has taught me again and again that every time it looks like good times are around the corner it all goes to pear shaped.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if either of the two "G Bangers" (Griffen and Gordon) are still in the red, white and blue of LA in 4 years time.

Its one of the reasons I love the Clippers, there is no other team like them.

Reply #297500 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep, Blake is looking like an absolute gun. Not only does he have phenomenal athleticism, power and a good all around skill level, he already has a nose for where to be on court, he's got a will to win and you can see the way his team mates are already deferring to him and playing off him. On any other team, the sky would be the limit. On the Clippers, we can only pray that the Indian Curse doesn't destroy him!

Reply #297512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

injury

Reply #297601 | Report this post

quagmire  
Years ago

Griffin is awesome but i see him more like a Kemp type player and the Clips still need the Payton / Schrempf type duo to get them through the regular season so Grif doesn't need to play a ton of minutes and get worn down.

Bledsoe, is ok. Gordon is up there, Aminu is critical and the forgotten man is Kaman.

But none of those guys is in the top 10 at their postition.

Griffin is awesome but i fear he'll end up injured from overuse. You need at least two superstars, but having one is a good start i guess.

Reply #297828 | Report this post

No Deal!!  
Years ago

Well the way they are going this year they should get another top 5 pick to add to that core...they are slowly building, i wouldnt be surprised if they had a breakout year, within the next couple seasons, much like the thunder last season.

Reply #297830 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:53 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754