Showtime
Years ago

Top topics and top comments for 2010

Like 20 to 1 but on this hoops forum.....

Will be interesting to say the least

Topic #24619 | Report this topic

Skud  
Years ago

Top fail comment of the Decade "Brad Hill is a good player"

hahaha I got in first nah nah naaaahh naha nah lol

Reply #301547 | Report this post

Pug91  
Years ago

And running a close 2nd ......

"Skud is a quality poster"

Reply #301549 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I seem to recall posting something quite glowingly positive about Craig Winder in the preseason.

Reply #301554 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Oh, and my personal favourite was the following from Your Mum:

"My point is......YOU CANNOT POLISH A TURD BY PUTTING A 36ERS UNIFORM ON IT."

Reply #301555 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Top comment of the year would have to be by Pug91.

Reply #301561 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Wow lets get personnal guys. I didnt realise this was a skud bashing forum and not a basketball forum. Im glad you all take such an interest in me stating that Hill is not an NBL level player and feel that you can make personnal comments about me because of my opinion, it really does say something about yourself.

Reply #301573 | Report this post

Skud Hater  
Years ago

I'll like to second skud is a dickhead. Get so sick hearing skud bash hill. We know where you stand with hill so you dont need to say it every week

Reply #301582 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

If Hill was a King he'd win their B & F !

Reply #301583 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

Skud: "Wow lets get personnal guys."

Mate, pretty sure your original post counts as a personal attack on Hilly!

Reply #301589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell Brad Hill to play better :P

Reply #301595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tell supports to be supports not player haters all the time

Reply #301598 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"Mate, pretty sure your original post counts as a personal attack on Hilly!"

Nah mate, big difference to saying someones not NBL level to calling someone a dickhead, something I wouldnt personnally do not knowing the guy, but hey thats me!

Course he could take up cricket..seems anyone could do better today

Reply #301599 | Report this post

Gazza  
Years ago

OK Skud, so in your mind Brad Hill isn't at NBL level. That's fine, and your opinion. What has that got to do with the top topics and comments for 2010?

You have taken the opportunity to bag Hilly, even though it has nothing to do with the thread. I'd have to say that is bordering on "personal."

Seriously, we all know you don't like him, save your criticism of him to posts where it's at least semi-relevant.

Reply #301607 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Gazza it was my top comment for 2010, I also would have been more than willing to leave it at that, it has been said several times in the forum so is therefore wholly relevant to the original concept.

my "hahaha I got in first nah nah naaaahh naha nah lol" was a bit of a dig at xztatik since we clearly disagree on this point, though I have considered it to be a disagreement held in good faith, perhaps it was taken wrong.

Have a look at the posts, in no way would I have intended for me to become the main topic of conversation. That was undertaken by other people who deviated completely from showtime's original post, of which my post fitted in rather well. It wasnt until I was called a "dickhead" and decided that I wouldnt stand for that sort of bullshit and would defend myself that my posts deviated from the main topic..of which myself and Mutlet would be the only contributors, for this I apologise to Showtime who had a good post on a slow week. Im sorry that my opinion on his idea forced this topic of conversation to be wholly destroyed by others.

Reply #301610 | Report this post

Skud Hater  
Years ago

skud if its not personal again hill why keep saying it every week, make up stats like he coursed 7 turn over etc if its not personal..

Reply #301619 | Report this post

XztatiK  
Years ago

Skud, you can't take the high road and act all measured and reasonable only once you get called a dickhead, when you are rarely so when you're talking about Hill, and expect people to buy this.

"my "hahaha I got in first nah nah naaaahh naha nah lol" was a bit of a dig at xztatik since we clearly disagree on this point, though I have considered it to be a disagreement held in good faith, perhaps it was taken wrong."

I'm not going to come out and abuse you every time you bag Hill. I can't be bothered. But I don't exactly see it as a running joke between us two. You're constant unreasonable comments about Hilly have caused me to have very little respect for your opinion and I know a lot of other posters feel the same way.

I'm sure you weren't trying to hijack the thread to talk about your Hill vendetta, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't getting extremely tired and repetitive.

Reply #301632 | Report this post

Pug91  
Years ago

Scud, you gave your opinion and others have now followed with theirs. Not saying your opinion is wrong, of course your entitled to it but just realize that others are just as entitled to theirs as well, even if you don't like it

Also it's a bit rich to say you were just posting on the topic at hand and not hijacking the thread at all - you tried to make a bit if a funny one liner about brad hill and it backfired, simple!

Reply #301634 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This thread needs a title change, or a delete button....

The OP behind this thread had a good idea as there has been some cracker 'one liners' this year

Reply #301644 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

if he was trying to hijack the thread and make it all about hill, it worked! this would have been a good read now i am over it!! seeya!

Reply #301807 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:06 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754