SAW
Years ago

U23 Competition Div 2

Can anyone explain what is happening.

It was supposed to be fully timed when the announcement was made, then reverted to untimed then it was back on fully timed in winter and now the program seems to say it is not.

The program says North South pools but the teams are changing around between pools.

HELP what is happening. I can't get enthused about this great new youth league when it seems to be so poorly controlled and communicated.

Topic #25187 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they always said Div 2 would be untimed, only Div 1 YL to be fully timed.

According to SP the explanation for North/South Pools:

"This competitions is partially regionalised into North and South regions. This means teams will play games against all other teams, but will play more games against teams in their own region.

To see the schedule, click on the All Pools link.

The schedule for the first 6 rounds of the competition is now available. The remaining rounds of the competition will be available after round 6."

Reply #311715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and a far southern team put in the north pool playing games at port adelaide makes heaps of sense, wouldnt it be easier for sturt to travel to port adelaide?

Reply #311718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but Southern aren't "stuck" in that pool, go into other weeks then the eagles are in the North, it keeps switching between the North having 4 teams and the South having 4 etc etc, I think it's reasonably fair.

Reply #311721 | Report this post

SAW  
Years ago

I think you read the original announcement and you will see that Div 2 were supposed to be timed. I think some teams have manning levels based on those timed games.

And it is great fun playing the same teams all the time and from the same clubs!!

Reply #311726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this announcement last year makes it clear that it was meant to be fully timed

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-3-0-0-0&sID=751&articleID=12760758&news_task=DETAIL

Reply #311742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just further to above it seems that playing seniors has better conditions and arrangements when compared to the youth league

Reply #311744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754