Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

Zodiacs v Piranhas GF Preview

This Sunday 3.30pm at the Adelaide Hills Recreation Centre (2 Howard Lane Mt Barker) is the Summer Season League Men Grand Final. Zodiacs v Piranhas.

This game will be one of the highest quality (rivaling Mt Gambier) non-BASA run games in the state. Piranhas have an abundance of shooters, while Zodiacs have 3 quality big men.

Make sure you come along (its only 20 mins up the freeway), and witness this gem of a competition.

For match-ups check out www.easternhills.basketball.net.au

Topic #2519 | Report this topic

zerohour  
Years ago

I think Piranhas will want the win more than any other team in the leage. Zodiacs have to be careful not to go in the game to over confident. A key player to watch for Piranhas will be a shooting gaurd Brad Altman who can hit anywhere up to 10 three point shots in a game. He will have to watch out for shot blocker Loky Griffiths who is a power man inside!

Reply #28204 | Report this post

curious monkey  
Years ago

i think it will be battle of the big guys. Zodiacs have ex-ABA star Scott Baxter, current Eastern player Craig Tonks and Jan Harders a little known street baller. Piranhas have Dom Jones and Wade Kumnick, who are two of the biggest and most athletic guys in the league, will be a great game!!

Reply #28205 | Report this post

curious  
Years ago

why no craig tonks playing abl? sits on bench all game, no mins? very strange. Has been a serious contibutor to Adelaide Hills basketball for nearly 2 decades, whats going on?

Reply #28253 | Report this post

he-man  
Years ago

Too soft.

Reply #28274 | Report this post

sporty spice  
Years ago

so rite craig is way to soft to get on in an aba game maybe if he played with a bit of heart to he mite get on!!!! adelaide hills is easy shit anyway

Reply #28306 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Craig is a shooter, and mavs are full of shooters, that's why he doesn't play big minutes.

Sporty - your wrong, there's no two ways about it, if you've seen a game of Eastern Hills ball you'd know that, and if you haven't then your ignorant.

Reply #28331 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

i know its a corny rip-off (sorry isaac), but have a look at the picture on this site. Promotion for the Grand Final on Sunday at Mt Barker.

http://easternhills.basketball.net.au/fs_PhotoGal.asp?PgId=1073

Reply #28514 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Nice job Dr Dunk! Im liking your work!

Shame i cant be there for the big game! Good Luck Guys!

Reply #28554 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Would the Piranhas team playing sunday be anything like the team that played in the State Counry Carnival in January?

From what i remember they had a few quality players.

Reply #28557 | Report this post

same team rare - plus a few players who couldn't make the carnival. They are a pure shooting team.

Reply #28577 | Report this post

Pdizzle  
Years ago

Yeah, Piranhas play at break neck speed all game. It will be tough for Zodes to stay with the run and gun attack.

Reply #28595 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Zodiacs def Piranhas 53-49

It was a big defensive game, with Zodiacs Big men working hard all game to grind out the win. The game was set-up in the 1st quarter with guards Klun and Griffiths having too much experience on the break for Smith's Altmann and Nitschke. Piranhas guards struggled to get good shots off under the pressure of Zodiacs D. Altmann and Nitchske threatened to steal the game in the last quarter both coming up with the goods, and pair of three's each, but it was too little too late.

Reply #29116 | Report this post

Pdizzle  
Years ago

rumour has it, that one L.Griffiths got runner-up MVP for A grade.

Reply #29868 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

good to see the dynamo young Piranhas guard Phil Smith get a well deserved consilation prize of u-21 MVP for the league season.

For the record older brother Michael Smith got the MVP with Zodiacs Jan harders and Adam Klun receiving joint runner-up.

Reply #29874 | Report this post

BDaveM3W  
Years ago

The Snith Boys are nothing but boring basketballers. Phil can only TRY and draw charges, whilst Mike has no inside game. Together they make their team the most boring to watch and play against. The only reason Phil got Under 21 MVP is cause there are no other Under 21's.

WELL DONE ZODIACS'S!!!!

Reply #30191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BDaveM3W -

other eligible U-21 MVP's:

T. Gordon-Edwards (warriors)
L. Griffiths (zodiacs)
M. Nitschke (Piranhas
P. Smith (piranhas)

Reply #30223 | Report this post

BDaveM3W  
Years ago

I've seen T. Gordon-Edwards play and he is the heart and soul of his Warriors team. For such a young player and contributer, he deserves more. I would look out for him next season (If there is one) as the Warriors fell behind with injury. When he has something to work with he really controls his team and court.

Reply #30419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Y'all putting Gordon-Edwards ahead of Griffiths!???????!!!!! Drunk MFs! I know who I'd have... Griffiths is baller.

Reply #30423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

T. Gordon-Edwards is only the heart and soul of Warriors because he takes all the shots! Sorry mate, but a PG is s'posed to pass

Reply #30481 | Report this post

BDaveM3W  
Years ago

He has to shoot, cause he creates the teams points. Half the time when he passes the team doesn't know what to so with the ball. He takes the initiative to put the points on the board, without them you don't win. Plus he give R. Watts all the inside balls, what more do you want. Grifiths is either cold, or mildly warm.

Reply #30514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 pm, Thu 9 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754