Tony
Years ago

Can we refresh 36ers music?

I was at yesterdays game and dont get me wrong i have no issues with the music that gets played but please when we play Perth can we have some new music. Maybe a whole night of new songs (they dont have to be new as in just released but just a change)
It really gets the crowd going and the current music is getting a bit old and stale.

But yeah like i said great selection but maybe when the new season starts we can have a fresh new playlist to go with our new look sixers!

Topic #26288 | Report this topic

Tornado  
Years ago

I like ACDC to begin the last quarter.....should keep that one IMO!

Reply #330355 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

back to some of the older tunes from 4-5 years ago mixed in with some modern ones,

agreed acdc needs to stay as with can you feel it at the end if where winning

put some classics :) in

Reply #330364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep Thunderstruck, TNT, Chelsea Dagger, Moskau, bring back Country Boy for mid 3rd quarter (we play well when it's on for some reason)

and obviously keep Can you feel it when we win!

Reply #330368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shocking.....when are they going to get past songs from early 2000??

Reply #330369 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Moscow, Moscow, la la la la la la la, la la la la la la la, Oi

Reply #330370 | Report this post

Big Phil  
Years ago

raindrops keep falling on my head for wayville please

Reply #330371 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

yeah we need to keep some of the classics, especially TNT me an my mates always yell OI, OI, OI during it an its a perfect 4th qtr start up song, but some of the songs are wearing a lil thin. Skip does a great job not knocking that but some fresh new songs maybe good.

Reply #330379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

please keep thunderstruck for the start of the game! has been part of sixers games for years and bloody love it really gets u pumped.

Reply #330384 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Music in Townsville is THE WORST, to the point where it's embarassing to bring mates who haven't been before. It's a mash between early 90s techno pop ("heeeeeere's Johnny") and music from 2011 that a 15 year old girl would listen to.

Can the powers that be please assess the majority demographic and cater to them AT THE VERY LEAST?

Reply #330388 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey all

I wasn't there for yesterdays game as I was in Melbourne. The music is getting a refresh though.

Always happy to hear stuff you would like to hear at games.

Reply #330445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't refresh it too much skip, the reduction of thunderstruck for the intro, chelsea dagger, moskau and can you feel it (if we win) would be very disappointing

Reply #330463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im so paid by akon?

Reply #330527 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

Ah yes, we've been down this path a few times and certain fans want techno for a younger crowd, the older generation want the older songs which are played and then there are the fans who dont care however want a mix.

You cant please everyone however remember and think about this. In melbourne, Carols by Candlelight is live on ch9 every christmas eve. When they play traditional carols, people go. When they play new music, people leave. If you are gonna bring new music, dont play it for one game or 5 games, you gotta play it all the time.

I prefer the current mix along with some new material. if it goes all new music, cya later

Reply #330570 | Report this post

Soulman  
Years ago

I 'd like to hear a little something more upbeat and funky at games without losing the swagger of all the other greats, except for the exception of Moscau (poor taste). The right music played in the right patches of the game can not only keep all us fans yelling and cheering but get the players into some kind of zone where it's just to wicked and wild to watch . BB is my religion

Reply #330601 | Report this post

Shotclock  
Years ago

satisfaction just after half time.The bass woofers will tremble the beers like no end

Reply #331104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

personal tastes of a wide ranging crowd will always be hard to please, skip does a great job he isn't going to please everyone. Songs that keep the tension or raise the audience participation and enjoyment are obviously going to be a winner. Most young kids will have heard the older music, most of the older crowd will never have heard nor relate to the younger music. basketball game not a pop concert.
Keep up the great job Skip.

Reply #331105 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754