SRT070
Years ago

Bogey man to sixers???

adelaide now says that marty has already been in touch with bogeys agent apparently over night they should hear from fiba. at the bottom of the releasing williamson article it did say we will hear about it tomorrow.

i know im being way too optimistic but could it possibly be? if so, where can i place my order for my bogey man sixers singlet?

Topic #26431 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Don't count any chickens just yet...

Reply #332358 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Insurance call from FIBA is crucial for us.

Reply #332366 | Report this post

TJ  
Years ago

our chances are lookin really good and when he leaves for nba we can trial an import while hes here

Reply #332367 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Or...we could get Williamson back - if the timing is all right! :-)

Reply #332371 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The release of Williamson does favour us a little bit more:

- frees up money, in case that was an issue
- means we don't have to cut a player to fit in Bogut; keeps his conscience clear

All comes down to the insurance now I think.

Reply #332374 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

can you imagine it
bogey to the sixers!?

thatd be unreal

glad we got tickets already to the first three home games

cmon sixers! sign the big man!!

Reply #332378 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

The last I heard of Kevin Johnson , he was living around here, near the Arena and looked a good Forward as a temporary option.
Seems there was a burgundy jumper there
but the court was bare. I didn't see anyone any where.
Sometimes I think of Johnson , sometimes I think of Leeanne. Sometimes I don't think on anyone, but the Bogey Man.

Reply #332382 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

So Isaac have you heard he is happy with the 36ers offer subject to the insurance? or is it still a case of the three clubs going for his services?

Reply #332385 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I haven't heard that, was just guessing as much as anything. I think all three are still going for him. But obviously the insurance has been a major issue all along.

Reply #332390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From Boti's article today:

But while the Sixers - and Sydney Kings and Gold Coast Blaze - anxiously wait on FIBA (the Federation of International Basketball Associations) to announce an insurance plan for Bogut and every other NBA player seeking to pursue his career overseas during the league lock-out, they won't put all their eggs in one basket.

"Our cards are on the table with Andrew but (Adelaide coach) Marty Clarke also is looking at a couple of import options," Sixers CEO Leeanne Grantham said. "I spoke with Andrew's agent yesterday and he was hoping to hear from FIBA overnight."

Reply #332391 | Report this post

Ballinger Fan  
Years ago

Clear conscience is actually an important point, because Bogut is actually replacing 2 players in terms of the start of the season,
we really need to cover for Import + Ballinger,
plus Bogut has a young apprentice centre to pass some stuff on to ..

Reply #332393 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Would be ecstatic if the sixers signed bogut. Will def buy season tix for first time if happens!

Reply #332399 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'm curiosu to know what difference (off the court) people think Bogut would make to the club?

Do you think we would get a sell out stadium each game?
How many extra Memberships would be sold?
What other infulences do you believe would happen if he signed?

Reply #332402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Skip, While I think Boges will bring in more fans and memberships to which-ever team he signs with (If he signs at all), but I think his main attraction will be his professionalism he brings to the organisation. His experience with business, in the NBA, World Champs, Olympics etc, will prove worth its weight in gold.

Think of this, team warming down after a game/training and Bogey steps in with a few extra stretches/exercises to help aid recovery which he learnt in the states.

Or, he overhears what the club might have planned for game nights, offers some help as to what the Bucks do to gain that extra 50-100 people a night.

While these things are very small picture, they all add up and the more professional the NBL gets the better for the league and basketball in Australia.

Reply #332405 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Or, he overhears what the club might have planned for game nights, offers some help as to what the Bucks do to gain that extra 50-100 people a night.

He wont have to do anything games will be a sell-out!

Reply #332409 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon '405, I think strength and conditioning types would have already picked up on that sort of thing so can't imagine that would have a major impact. And if he has game night ideas, chances are they wouldn't quite work with the normal NBL-level budgets which can be quite low.

I think crowds and media coverage would be the largest benefactors. If games didn't sell out, they'd be 6k+ each time comfortably and our chances of getting some press would increase.

Reply #332410 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Your right Isaac.

Have FIBA made a decision? If it was happening overnight as said you'd think it would either be approved, sill pending or declined but nothing has been reported that I can see.

I would have thought to have seen something given how many NBA players are currently affected

Reply #332415 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Will he screw up his nose when he talks if he signs with Adelaide? I hope not.

Reply #332423 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Guys, give it a rest Bogut will not be a 36er.

Reply #332424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A, how do you know? If you're gonna say something like that back it up.

Reply #332448 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

He might do what he does with bucks fans, buy 50 to 100 seats and make them act like a euro crowd with non stop chanting & singing. Not allowed to sit down the whole game either.

Reply #332450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm so over the whole Bogut thing.

Reply #332453 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

bit hard to "be over the bogut thing" if anything im over the whole insurance thing thats holding it all up.

Reply #332457 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Why would anyone be 'down' on the possibility of Bogut signing in the NBL?

FIBA get your act together and get this insurance issue sorted out!

Reply #332459 | Report this post

Bea  
Years ago

Reply #332496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It looks like talks between NBA and Players federation are progressing well and they are willing to keep meeting over the weekend to resolve the issues. It is only one month until the NBA season starts so they want things finalized asap. So no NBA player may finish up playing here.

Reply #332513 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Good if Bogey man signs with Adelaide-it wont happen!!!

Reply #332529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 pm, Mon 29 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754