westside
Years ago

18 div 2 winter 2005

wat you guys rekon bout the div 2 comp for 18s this winter?

Topic #2657 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt all the way. They are loaded.

Reply #29993 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

even

Reply #29994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville (1) is my bet for premiers... again

Reply #29996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not norwood....they lost the coach now they lose against div 3 sides. pity coz they only half sucked b4. fville 1 sturt killah sides.

Reply #29999 | Report this post

Bearcat  
Years ago

Do not write off North just yet. They have a good side when they get it together. F/ville 1 and North will be a top game.

Reply #30005 | Report this post

negyven_negy  
Years ago

Woodville may cause a few upsets if they play defense like they did last week (final score Woodville 27- Forestville 2 26). If they become more consistent on offense, they could cause the other teams a few problems. Unfortunately, they couldn't keep the momentum going this week as they did not play due to a Mavericks forfiet.

Reply #30011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville 1 will win it again. solid at every position with some talented players

Reply #30016 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

i agree negyven_negy, i reckon woodville, west and south have turned the corner or are starting too and in result will see a different roster of teams for finals and possibly state champs

Reply #30026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we talking boys or girls here?

Reply #30028 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

boys

Reply #30073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

twice Sturt 1 have only won by 1 point (south and north i think)because they think they are better than they are. Forestville all the way

Reply #30076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the deal with James Boonstopel?? i heard he was playin div 1 he is not at that standard.. he should be playin div 2.

Reply #30078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wot club does james boonstopel play for??

Reply #30080 | Report this post

mr congeniality  
Years ago

sturt and forestville had a classic match 1st round of summer comp - buzzer beater off an inbound steal - it is so close between these teams - it will only happen on the night !

stick to trying to win x lotto

Reply #30082 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

I dnt kno who james boonstopel is but u shudnt b baggin other players for no reason

Reply #30083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tru that

Reply #30093 | Report this post

indalceio  
Years ago

i heard when forestville 1 played sturt round 1 in summer, forestville's best player was not playing. Is that true?

Reply #30121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no not true. Forestville are a pretty even unit. wouldnt say they have a BEST player.

Reply #30162 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

in reference to the player taht he is their starting center who trhough summer averaged about 16 a game. With a full team for the grandfinal, forrestville cruised trhough the game with sturt never laeding at any point.

james is div 1 standard, the boy can shoot, 75 threes in 7 minutes...

Reply #30227 | Report this post

Some other guy  
Years ago

Sturt only beat west and south by 1, but cruised through north by 20 points. When sturt play together and in the right mindset, they will dominate. Should have some great games between forestville.

Reply #30313 | Report this post

indalceio  
Years ago

Forrestville 1 and Sturt the standouts with North, South, Tigers together(could be any order depending on many factors). Norwood a bit inconsistent (I don't know if they have injuries or not, which could explain why) followed by Sturt 2, West and Woodville.

Tigers are improving all the time and may catch one/both of those top two out.

Forrestville 2 injured big man back soon I think.

Centrals have two bigs developing.

Eastern hurt by players leaving.

Thats how I see it ATM.

Reply #30334 | Report this post

the chicks  
Years ago

aljosha (known as max) from sturt is sexy as. we love him, he is the hottest basketballer ever. Pity he sucks though

Reply #30406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

although sturt has lots of talent (A-Money)..forestville will take it out cos of the stef dogg moving down to div 2. West would be alright if they could play some D (and shoot the tray).

Reply #30627 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

(Mod : Don't make up crap.)

Reply #30669 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

nice try anon, but mod's comments appear in the thread they are in reference to and in different font.

(Mod: Actually, some mods don't use smaller/grey print. What you saw above was actually done by one of the moderators.)

Reply #30673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James is in div 1 he has the biggest ego i have seen get over it james b

Reply #30771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is james

Reply #30803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think james is that red head guy from f/ville, if yes no he doesn't have an ego, i've never heard him talk himself up and he always shows support to his teammates,

anonymous who are you bagging players all the time?

Reply #30824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

steph harry and shaun for the win at fville

Reply #30902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun dominates and carries the team

Reply #30904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry guys but sturt 1 will take it out this winter, they are untouchable. forestville 1 and sturt are playin this friday, go see for yourself

Reply #31050 | Report this post

adam  
Years ago

Are you talkin about Sturt V Forestville this friday? will it be another repeat of the summer g/f or can sturt step up and take a win? Does anybody know the key matchups to look for when these two teams meet?

Reply #31086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

umm how do we answer will it be another repeat of the summer gf.?
Key matchups... who gives a crap!

Reply #31118 | Report this post

fatso  
Years ago

WHY ARE GUYS FORGETTING nORTH IS ON A ROLL THEY ARE UNBEATEN AND RED HOT THIS SEASON I think they are goin to take the winter season if they keep up their perfomance.

Reply #31318 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I heard Sturt 1 beat North by 20. As the results didn't make it onto sportingpulse, can anyone confirm?

Reply #31339 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

just becuase north are undefeated doesnt mean they will take it out. sturt and fville are undefeated, altough that will be decided friday ;)

Reply #31563 | Report this post

spoon boon  
Years ago

i truly do believe west are in for a chance. If they just played smart and as a team they could challenge

Reply #31854 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

west lost to fville by 25 and didnt look like a team at all.

Reply #31855 | Report this post

anoy  
Years ago

thats because they had harry

Reply #31862 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 33 North 26

Reply #32021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville 49 west 44

Reply #32024 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

fville beat sturt by try 17. top stuff f/ville

Reply #32028 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

"i truly do believe west are in for a chance. If they just played smart and as a team they could challenge"

they lost to woodville friday night..
Although woodville are having a good season too. From what ive heard west have lost the last 4 or 5. I think your a little confident because they lost to sturt by 1 point, but sturt had a real bad off game, however theyve been abit like that this season.

However, there are 15 odd games for everything to change who knows what could happen.

Reply #32041 | Report this post

sunshine #21  
Years ago

in response to "Mott the Hoople" we did get a 20 pt pumping by sturt. we lost coz they started knocking down shot from everywhere and we couldnt answer back at the other end. however we walked all over them defencivly in the 1st half holding them to 4pts in the 1st qtr n scoreless in the 2nd qtr. biggest problem in our team is we dont work 2gether, if we can get it 2gether in the next few weeks we will b serious contenders for the gf

Reply #32408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt 1 beat north by a 1 point i think

Reply #32417 | Report this post

sunshine #21  
Years ago

dude i play in te team i know how much we lost by....

Reply #32422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i put money sunshine plays for north

Reply #32437 | Report this post

Starbury  
Years ago

There is this awsome player in Div. 2 for north #15, his got the lot, speed, agility and stamina, he can read the ball just like a book, and skools every1 who comes in his way..... He should be in div 1's. And he can jump OVER!!! the backboard. He can throw the ball of a cheerleaders face and catch it backwards and dunk it.....

Reply #32504 | Report this post

Snoop  
Years ago

Yeah that guy is the bomb....He's dunk on me countless times, and breaks my ankles every time we play...

Reply #32508 | Report this post

indalceio  
Years ago

Interesting round this week. Woodville vs Sturt 1 and Norwood vs Forrestville 2 will be good games. West vs Sturt 2 will be close too.

Reply #32686 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

fville got up this weekend over south by 30.

Reply #33038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

starbury/snoop you are the biggest tool and if you think your good posting on this site talking yourself up your not, your just making yourself look like a bigger joke. I bet everyone is looking forward to playing your team:)

Mod - is the post from snoop and starbury from the same IP?

Reply #33157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#15 from north you have got to be joking speed agility wat? How bout someone teaches him some ball skills

Reply #33209 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, Starbury and Snoop are posting from the same IP.

Reply #33236 | Report this post

starbury  
Years ago

Anonymous wat team do u play for n wats ur number, #15 will walk all over u on the court. hes a TANK!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #33291 | Report this post

thanks isaac  
Years ago

legend!

Reply #33325 | Report this post

B..op  
Years ago

Yeah starbury is right #15 has got to be the best player in North and he has been scoring lots of points this season last week he had 20 pts.

Reply #33370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wots #15 from north's name??

Reply #33377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol u r a joke

Reply #33388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think #15 North should be playing north div 1 or state he is got a lot of potential.

Reply #33399 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

you can put a cat in the oven, but that doesn't make it a biscuit.

A kid has to have game to make state, not potential. Potential is for the district clubs to develop.

A club like North wouldn't have a div 1 calibre player in div 3.

End of discussion.

End of thread.

(Mod : don't try to sound more important than you are. If the kids want to talk about this guy, let them. You don't decide when a discussion, or thread is ended.)

Reply #33411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Dunkenstein who is talkin of a div3 player please stick to the topic we are talking of #15 North div2.

Reply #33493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i cant wait to play on u #15 and dont worry ill be taking stats and reporting them here to embaress the crap outa u

Reply #33508 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

more north fags having a personal joke.... 18 div 2 is the discussion right?

Reply #33519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north think they're good when they suck

Reply #33521 | Report this post

Big PhiL  
Years ago

sturt will win

hahahahahhaha mavricks are shit

Reply #33528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mod - i have never even seen any of you end a thread, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, leave it at that. If you have a problem with someone's opinion send them an e-mail, you have the power, use it, dont abuse it.

(Mod: Follow your own advice...)

anon - (#33493) the point is still the same and valid. A successful basketball club (north, Sturt Forestville) do not become successful by having a good player kept in a lower division.

Big Phil - Mavericks pulled their team for the season.

Reply #33533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a shame for the Mavericks. I know they were really struggling this season in 18 2s but it must be even tougher for the players not to have a team to play in at all.
The travel is probably the biggest issue for the Mavs players who would have been in this team. It's a long way to come on a Friday night to lose by margins of up to 80 points (as they did against the Sturt 1 team).
Bad luck fellas! Hopefully you Mavs guys can get a little bit more depth in each grade level because it is a real shame to see clubs have to pull teams out through lack of numbers or lack of competitiveness.

Reply #33534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Phil next time mummy lets you use the computer try to bring your maturity back up a little, get her to help you type if needed. That way people will take notice of your points.

#33533. Mavericks have not pulled their team yet, they played last friday against tigers, i believe at mt barker. They didn't enter state champs though. looks like they are still struggling.

Reply #33552 | Report this post

Mott The Hoople  
Years ago

Anonymous, what were the scores against Tigers?

Reply #33607 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

draws for state champs will be interesting:

group 1:
sturt
woodville
southern
norwood
centrals

group 2:
fville
south
west
north

i believe group 2 have the harder draw but they are playing one less game then group 1. This state champs will be very close in my opinion with southern and sturt making the finals from group 1 and fville and south/north making the finals in the other. fville to take it out. no team has come within 17 of them recently and that was 'favourites' sturt...

good luck to everyone involved and have fun.

Reply #33691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Group 1 gets a bye in there for each team I believe

Reply #33741 | Report this post

Mott The Hoople  
Years ago

I think Norwood and Sturt from group A. Forrestville and South in group B.

Cross-over will be interesting (to see who will play Forrestville) but no-one will beat Forrestville the way they are playing. To big and athletic and well-drilled team game.

Reply #33789 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

np obviously forestville was the go after reading all your posts over the last few weeks i have the feeling you play for fville.

It would be a little embaressing if your team were to get knocked off in state champs

Reply #33790 | Report this post

Mott The Hoople  
Years ago

Forrestville vs Sturt Grand Final - Forrestville. South vs Norwood play-off 3/4 - South (it looks like Norwood may have a few injuries).

Some good games from what I've seen over the weekend, South coming from 15 down to lose by 3 against Sturt in the semi. Forrestville playing very well. Umpiring of a high standard and good sportsmanship throughout.

Reply #34073 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

anyone know the final results?

Reply #34201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone care?

Reply #34211 | Report this post

good game  
Years ago

was a fantastic game. forrestville got up to a 10 - 1 run at the start. The first quarter finished at 15 5 with sturt needing to lift to get back into it. Fville then failed to increase this lead and to sturts credit, played some top defense and played some awesome catch up ball for most of the game. Penetration killed fville and through some dodgy passes, sturt got the lead back to 2 with 1 minute to go. fville stabilised and went on to win by about 5ish.

best players were 5 from fville and 32 from south in my opinion.

Reply #34252 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

after watching that semi final between south and sturt, im dissapointed in how it was officiated in the last minute. southw were down plenty and after pegging it back down to 3, were not rewarded for their D and sturt were allowed to have a 36 second offence even though the head umpire spoke to both umpires during a time out instructing them on the shot clock!

south were very unlucky not to be playing in the gf on monday.

Reply #34254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

final positions for u18 reserves boys:

fville
sturt
norwood
south

Norwood finishing 3rd was a surprise. They hadn't been performing well throughout the season but pulled out the guns for state champs obviously. They were injury plagued apparently so good on them. I saw norwood play centrals and they were good.. number 4 or 41 for norwood hurt his ankle bad. Pity because he was a standout player in the match and they could've done even better with him in the final rounds i believe. f/ville however are still a cut above the rest.. i can't see them beeing beaten any time soon.

Reply #34304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game of the week North vs Forestville1 what chances do you think North have to upset Forestville on Friday night.

Reply #34638 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

huge chance. fville are missing shaun (center) nate (pg) adam (pg). they would be favourites going into that match.

Reply #34699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bogas game of the week Sturt 1 vs Sturt 2
me thinks sturt 1 will win by at least 40 points

Reply #34774 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 62 Vs Woodville 44

Any other results?

I think the Sturt Vs Sturt game will be alot closer than 40, more like 10.

Reply #34804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

54 - 39 sturt v sturt.

Reply #34807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes i was surrprised with the final result. Sturt 1 thought it would be a walk over but Sturt 2 took it to them for 3 of the 4 quarters and had Sturt 1 on the back foot. Watching the game it looked like that little guy for sturt 2 was walking among pine tres.

Reply #34820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know the score between foresville2 and centrals game last night

Reply #34824 | Report this post

Big PhiL  
Years ago

centrals won by 10 52 - 42 we led the entire game we where up by 17 at one piont

Reply #34892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did the centrals team have div1 players playing for them. Is there something going wrong in the club with the div1 squad.

Reply #34935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north drew with fvile 41 all,fville wasnt the onli team missing players north played with 6!!

Reply #35031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a shocking game how can forestville draw with north i thought they were the best team in the league what's happening to them or is it maybe north are is underrated team

Reply #35091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It doesn't matter how good a team is they still can loose (example West Coast loosing to 16th ranked team

Reply #35092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah centrals div one coach has gone crazy. dropping 2 of there best for 2 div 2's.

Reply #35151 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

go easy, fville played with 6, missing starting center and point guard. North shouldnt be happy with that either as they were up by 12 with 2 minutes to go...

Reply #35156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To anon (#35151) the coach of the div one team has his reasons for doing what he did. If you are a centrals player then stop the crap and trying to cause trouble. If you arent a centrals player then mind your own business and worry about your own team.
He is the coach and should be given the respect that he deserves.

Reply #35176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dean/np - dont make excuses. Fresh out of a stellar state champs performance, a draw with north...

Reply #35210 | Report this post

Deano  
Years ago

1) No excuses. North only had 6 players, so obviously they were not at full strength, yet they still out played us for the majority of the game. All credit to North, they played a good game, and in the end we were lucky to escape with a draw.

2) 'np' isn't me!

Reply #35224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Deleted. Don't post author identities.)

Reply #35249 | Report this post

shizzler  
Years ago

as a member of the forestville team north deserved to win that game as we dicided to switch on and play basketball in the last 3 minutes. However i asure you we will not let this happen again any time soon as we are now determined to be contenders come round 22.

Reply #35266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ha ha north is the best team NOT!!!! they need help in their offence and defense.I am in the forestville team and i could not believe it when we came back from a 12 point deficit to tie the game. What kind of team allows this to happen a terrible team. They were just lucky to be ahead next time we will beat them by 40 points and thats the whole truth so live with it North.

Reply #35368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh dear....
is like the whole forestville div 2 team embaressing the club or what?

I reckon most of this is just one person and im pretty sure we all know who

you lost a game and your telling us on a public website why. I cant remember asking

forestville seems to talk themself up a fair bit/everyweek

Reply #35406 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

we lost??? :S

Reply #35421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon dont forget that north were down by 14 at the end of the 1st qtr and they held fvile to 2pts in the 2nd qtr, n u say that they need to improve on thier defence. the only reason fvile cam back was because 1 player hit 3 3pters in the last minute and a half of the game with a player rite in his face fvile were lucky to escape with a draw

Reply #35504 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

yes we were lucky to escape with a draw, thats my point.....

Reply #35536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jesus a draw and ure all publicly turning on each other. I'd hate to see what would happen if you lost the game.

Reply #35604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game of the week will be Forestville 1 against a more improved Centrals team this weekend. Its goin to be a good game because two div 1 players in Centrals are now playing div 2. Interesting to see ho wthe game goes

Reply #35606 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

All the games look interesting and probably apart from Centrals vs Forrestville, a result either way would not surprise.

Reply #35613 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

fville up over centrals by 31 in the end.

Reply #35760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville and north draw 46 all

Reply #35776 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 39 d Sturt 2 36

Reply #35789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone have the Sturt 1 vs Tigers result?

Reply #35797 | Report this post

np  
Years ago

sturt north draw is interesting, woodville must be playing some good ball. fville 1 have them this week, should be interseting.

Reply #35830 | Report this post

fez  
Years ago

woodville tied 2 north without their starting PF or C. There was also disputes of the final score because in the third quarter i hit a three but they only counted it as a 2. besides the point the final score is a draw which is still a good result. A great game overall with both teams playing fairly well

Reply #35855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is big bad damon playing this week for woodville?

Reply #35964 | Report this post

bogan  
Years ago

"i hit a 3", talk ya self up mate

Reply #35967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damon has a torn ligament in his ankle, so he might not play this week. He has played a few games since it happened but he sat out last Friday.

Reply #35969 | Report this post

south champ  
Years ago

north are all good...but they are indivual players.. not team players.

Reply #35979 | Report this post

fez  
Years ago

bogan, i wasnt talkin myself up i was actually explaining what happened. how could i talk myself up by saying "i hit a 3". Incase u didnt know that in basketball it's common to score a 3 pointer so i dont see that being a way of wot u call "talking myself up". Scoring a 3 pointer isnt wot i call something to brag about, several are scored in everygame.

Reply #35981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey, I reckon it should just be forgotten about it hey fez?

Reply #35982 | Report this post

fez  
Years ago

yep, fair enuf

Reply #35983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt beat Southern, but don't know the score off the top of my head, sturt player was givin a unsportsmanlike foul in first 4 secs for misconduct

Reply #36079 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

if by misconduct, you mean boxing out...

Reply #36089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is everyones honest opinion of the north team

Reply #36096 | Report this post

Whoa  
Years ago

they're OK, but there is one player that sucks. i'm pretty sure it's you.

Reply #36098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat number is he whoa

Reply #36153 | Report this post

Whoa  
Years ago

whatever number you are.

Reply #36155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oh geez wat a great pay out

Reply #36173 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

north have good intensity but they rely on a few of their guards to much. should do well in finals.

Reply #36215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nemore oppinions??????

Reply #36221 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

They seem to rely alot on outside shooting and seem to live and die by it. I suppose thats because they dont have alot of height.

Reply #36277 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 55 Tigers 40

Reply #36751 | Report this post

huh  
Years ago

fville over woodville by 17

Reply #36760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who knows the score between North and Sturt 2?

Reply #36786 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I've heard Sturt 2 by 30

Reply #36803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles (2) beat West by around 10.

Reply #36810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you serious that Sturt 2 beat North if true what happened?

Reply #36853 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Third hand info, can't add any more

Reply #36863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah north lost by 30, looked like a div 5 team out there absolutly atroshus

Reply #36889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a bunch of losers losing to an ex div3 team by 30 points. I have lost all the i had respect for North. How do you nearly beat the best team in the comp and get absolutely thumed by a div3 team?

Reply #36948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now get this right sturt 2 is and ex div 3 team but that in no way means they are crap. Sturt 2 is a good team and has a good bunch of players. In other words you have to play like a team to win games, somthing sturt 2 does very well

Reply #36965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no they are crap

Reply #36970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what teams are heading over to melbourne this weekend?

fville to nunawading in the div 1 comp

Reply #36971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i don't think they are, they only lost a couple of close because they lack depth. They beat a pretty full strengh North by 25= points while fville 1 drew

I don't play for this team so im not talking them up

Reply #37216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt2 beating North i think there is something terribly wrong with North. Losing by 30 points thats crazy. I think they played blind folded. That has to be the biggest upset i have seen this season. If Sturt2 can beat North i see no reason why any other team cannot beat North.

Reply #37402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and why sturt 2 can't match it with the top teams

Reply #37457 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

What grade div 2 teams entering in nunawading. I assume A grade is lower Div 1 teams aswell as A Reserve, my guess is most div 2 teams are B grade?

Whats the go with div 2 teams???

Reply #37486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fville div 2(1)s in A Ressies, all the rest in Bs

Reply #37510 | Report this post

gimp  
Years ago

fville div 2(1)s ended up beating south div 1s. They were taught a lesson....

Reply #37896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt2 are in fifth spot on the ladder. What a great archievement for an ex div3 team. I hope they can keep performing the same way and probably make finals.

Reply #38013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 2 have proved themselves to be a good team coming from div 3 but finals will be tough with woodville, norwood, southern and west from no more then a game out that 5th spot. in nunawading woodville beat sturt 2 by roughly 25. in that game woodville were without there centre and a good guard but i believe on the day any team can beat any team. It will be a great contest for the fight for fifth!!

Reply #38035 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think Norwood should actually be fifth as their game against Eastern hasn't be factored in yet. But a good effort by Sturt 2 to be where they are. Its a pity North 1 from Div 3 aren't playing in the 2's as well.

Any thoughts on this weeks round? I'm going for both Forrestvilles to beat both Sturts (self interest), Woodville, South and Tigers. Three games could go either way.

Reply #38047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way sturt 1 is gonna lose Sturt 2 is at near full strength (next couple of weeks thought won't be without there main point gaurd) might give forrestville 1 a run for its money

Reply #38099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North destroyd woodvile in melboure 56-16

Reply #38107 | Report this post

yeah boys  
Years ago

fville 1 to beat sturt 2
sturt 2 to beat fville 1
noth to beat south
woodville to beat centrals
south to beat norwood

Reply #38148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood didnt play Eastern. game was called off. Eastern no shows.

Reply #38174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eastern's team got pulled about a month ago. Way to keep with the times!

Reply #38184 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

Ok well give my thorts on all teams
Start from top

1. obviously when Sturt and Forestville play its all about who has it on the night fville has just seemed to b better on the night all but once it has been close most of the times.

2.sturt(1) my team yes I believe we are a strong team and can beat any team in the league but most top 4 teams have that potential just being able to pulls through counts we have all first years but me and have good height.

3.South have come from no were last time we played them we beat them by 2 or 1 in semis in state champs which was a shock to the system in summer we beat them by about 30 I would say and r best improvers this year.

4. North have good players but just like a few other teams can't seem to mould together they are to top heavy and need a proper point guard in the team.

5.sturt (2) they are doing well for them selves and holding their own for a div 3 team to come up I think they are over achieving for who they are but they come together well as a team.

6. West have been hot and cold this season with some weird results not much to say but don't think they have the potential to take out GF.

7. Woodville well the truth is I believe they have gotten worse and worse they have some good players but just seem to worry about to much bs on the court they prefer to play than fight and when the team starts pretending like they don't care when they r down by 40 does not look good for club or team.

8. Norwood are also doing ok they seem to play well against tougher opposition not much to say haven't seen much of them.

9. Southern tigers are a team that has potential but can get off track in a game easyly with refs or starting fights classic match up between them and Woodville could see a fight coming out of that game before it started.

10.forestville (2) don't know were they have gone started well in summer and have dropped off a lot have couple better players that should b in other side but coaches don't always pick best player pick the player that the team needs.

11. centrals well what can I say about good old centrals not the best team in the league but they always give it their all each game and play till the last second.

12 mavs well their gone now so nothing to say

sorry about the lectour im off catcha

Reply #38282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who won on friday night

Reply #38292 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 44 Norwood 38

Mikele, the reason South didn't do well in Summer was injuries predominately to Div 1 players. Good write-up, but I'm not sure about your assessment of Forrestville 1. They are a very good team, came close to some good Vic teams in Nunnawading.

Reply #38294 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Mikele, how did you go last night?

Reply #38295 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

fville one played sturt two
sturt one played fville 3

F1 sv S2:
slow start by forrestville, a lot of easy missed shots. started to cruise latter in the game and won easily. 30 - 35 i think was the final margain.

S1 vs F1:
where to start. Sturt were outclassed for the first three quarters. sturt were up by two and quarter time but then forrestville kicked in and finished up by 4 at 3 quarter time. Sturt proved to strong in the end and beat fville by 6 i htink. Theh fvvile boys really heald there own and can wake away with their head high after a great perfmance and were unlucky to come away without the win.

Reply #38296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North had another draw this week to tigers 40 all. Thats 3 draw in the last 4 games

Reply #38298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any opinions on the guards from north

Reply #38301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anonymous 10 bucks says u want ur name mentioned and ur a north guard... pathetic

Reply #38305 | Report this post

Random  
Years ago

There is nothing wrong with centrals div2 team, i am friends with many of there players. They r a fighting team and are coming back. If the club had decent coaches they would prob learn something and become a real team close to the top

Reply #38309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NORTH wake up this is basketball not soccer were you chances are higher for drawing games. The way they are playing they might not make top five.

Reply #38321 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

random, centrals are a fighting team, they have to be beucase there skill level is so low. even with two div 1 players down they didnt do that well.

north guards??? do north have any guards??? i thought they are just big men playing small. gary is alright but he is still the worst player ever to make a state team. ever.

Anonymous #38321 knows the score

Reply #38325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun you cannot blame any team for being terrible. The reason why we might never see a Central teams being good is because of the suburb a team comes from. The Centrals suburb is predominantly football playing area and thats why they cannot get a lot of good players to play for them. And about Gary being the worst state player is just a stupid comment. Why are you hating on him? Who are you to judge him? Another thing Shaun i think you feel bad that you have never played state guess what he has. I know Gary and i know for a fact that he works full time. He does not have all that time to train like you do and another thing basketball is not life its just a game.

Reply #38330 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

why get stuck into Gary shaun? Your an idiot for posting your name and saying that

Reply #38350 | Report this post

player  
Years ago

Get a life Shaun and stop acting like a kid

Reply #38354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get a life gary is a good player

Reply #38363 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

gary is a good player in 2s, dont doubt that. he has consistantly played well against us, but do you honestly think he is/was good enought to make state?

Reply #38399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes he was Shaun

Reply #38400 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

ok wow people make state when they younger because they grow quicker than others and develop faster but it all catchs up in the end u18 and u20 is were the truth shows through on who has been working hard all the time and the mention about centrals needing good coachs, u need a good commity to get the coachs first and then coachs get the players.
oo and 1 more thing i would like to say that i havent mention i would like to share my opinion that i thingk sturt forestville and south r prob the best clubs out of all grades in BASA because of the area we ahve to choose from is so little and if we had half the area north had their would b no stopping us :P may not agree but every1 has a opinion.

Reply #38444 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

fiar point michele about area. sturt and forrestville are within a short distnace of each other yet they do well, sturt best overall club at state champs and fville 3rd i think off memory.

Reply #38451 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

its mikele :P btw is this shaun from forestville div 2 better side?

Reply #38457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes its shaun scott, and nobody likes him.

Reply #38462 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

thats me, the one and only. big guy anonymous, good on you for having a go.

Reply #38474 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

about the whole area thing that use dribbling shit bout north and norwood are also two close clubs mabe even more so than fville n sturt. and they are to of BETTER clubs around. as for south being the 3rd best club, plz dnt give them false hope

Reply #38621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun, u mite not be the shapest tool in the shed but ur certainly the biggest

Reply #38623 | Report this post

loop  
Years ago

North and Sturt have most number of teams and talent than any other clubs. They are also are the best two teams in District Basketball

Reply #38641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crack-a-lackin go away and don't come back until you know what your talking about. Just because you play for a club (if you even play) that isn't as Successful there is no need to take your anger out on other clubs

Reply #38734 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

lol crack a lackin im with u mate.

Reply #38760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we talk about somethin else more interestin pliz

Reply #38769 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

so Mr Anonymous (#38734) r u sayin that the state champion club of 2004 is unsuccessful u must belong in the same tool box as my friend shaun, see statue of liberty knows where it's at

pimp pimp horay

Reply #38779 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

ooo but in the last 5 years i belive sturt has been the most dominate club if my memory serves me right. and for north being a good club well for the area they have to choose from and the amount of teams they have their doin ok.

Reply #38781 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

mikele wat is it wit u and this area shit, and i wasnt talkin bout how good surt THINK they are i was answering back to the alagation of north being an unsuccessful club.

pimp pimp horay

Reply #38783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stut is a terrible club

Reply #38785 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

your missing mikeles point. he said that in reference to area, clubs like north, centrals, norwood and southern have a greater area to choose players from as opposed to your fvilles and sturts etc... Since sturt and fville are so closely positioned, sturt are doing well to be that successful.

he is not simply arguing who the best club is.

pimp pimp hooray???

Reply #38797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and with all the players who have left North, norwood and centrals sturt and Fville must be doing somthing right

Reply #38834 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

Stut is a terrible club

Anonymous, 21/06/05
would u like to back that thoery up cause i can back my thoery up just look at the records baby.

Reply #38883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mikele your opinions are crap. Sturt only has a lot of players who go to Pasadena high school. The only reason Sturt is improving is because Pasadena high school's focus is basketball. Another thing Mikele is that you measure a clubs strength by their div 1 teams. Southern and FORESTVILLE ARE THE BEST IN u 18s DIV1. The only div1 team in Sturt on top of the ladder is the u14s. Sturt is only good in the reserve grade.

Reply #38885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummm anonymous nice try but WRONG. There are more South kids at Pasadena then there are Sturt kids. Pasadena has created absolutely no extra interest or numbers for Sturt.

Reply #38887 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

As always a close round, I'm going for Forrestville 1, Norwood and North to draw, Centrals, South and Sturt 2.

Good to see Centrals on the rise tough one with West, North capable of anything on their day, Forrestville 1 to continue on their winning way, danger game for South, a close one between Sturt 2 and Woodville.

Reply #38943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon (#38885)

Not actually true (State Champs Div 1 Boys/Girls)
Under 12's 1st, 1st
Under 14's 2nd, 1st
Under 16's 3rd, 5th
Under 18's 3rd, 3rd
Under 20's nowhere, 1st

State Champion Club 1st
State Champion Girls 1st
State Champion Boys 2nd

Reply #38948 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

Thats in one tourniment but over the entrie season where r those sturt teams ey???

Reply #38951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i pick north to draw once again

Reply #38953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North love drawing games but its better than losing games. The game against Southern they were down seven points with less than 2min to go. They were lucky Southern missed two free throws with 6 seconds to go. Southern deserved the win but North made them fight for it.

Reply #38972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crackers,

Again not true. It is THE most importrant tournament along with Classics. Let's look at that one as well with national and State rankings at Classics:

Under 12's 8th(1st), 1st(1st)
Under 14's 4th(2nd), 7th(1st)
Under 16's 9th(1st), didn't qual
Under 18's 11th(4th), 2nd(2nd)

The Div 1 teams have achieved great results at the toughest club tournament in the country.

Just because our State results weren't as good as our Reserves results doesn't mean they weren't bad. They were still very very good. It;s just that the Resrves results were incredible.

And remememer that the Reserves teams are basically next year's Div 1 teams anyway.

Reply #39027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lookie hear those so called div 1 sturt teams mite have just had a few good games but over a 22 game season their true colours are showing

Reply #39047 | Report this post

heh  
Years ago

fville one over southern tigers by 35 last night

Reply #39120 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 50 Forrestville 2 41

Reply #39121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got the North vs Norwood and/or West vs Centrals results? Sturt 2 lost to Woodville by 1 apparently.

Reply #39142 | Report this post

anon.  
Years ago

Centrals d West 40-36

Reply #39166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know the results of North and Norwood game.

Reply #39191 | Report this post

rpi  
Years ago

Go Centrals two games won in a row. Its good seeing Centrals finally a winning team.

Reply #39198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North beat Norwood, do not know the score.

Reply #39202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north won by bout 10

Reply #39234 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

What has led to Centrals turning their game around? Is it true they have two Div 1 players in the team permanently?

Reply #39563 | Report this post

number 50  
Years ago

no they are not in there permanently they are in there for the reason which thet know about and one has come back up two weeks ago and the other i think will be soon to come back up

Reply #39578 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think thats great for this competition to be so even with the possible exception of Forrestville 1. Any team can be beaten by another on a given day.

Keep up the improvement Centrals.

Reply #39582 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

arguably the closest competition going around. i dont hitnk there is more then 15 points difference between the top 8 teams.

Reply #39585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave well done you are a centrals player and you think because you have won two games that everyone in this forum needs to know. If you are going to talk of how Centrals are the best team please do it in the u18div2 thread.

Reply #39753 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I am from South

Reply #39755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big deal Davo

Reply #39758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davo you have to be from Centrals because i have seen your post in the Centrals thread.

Reply #39759 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Check my earlier posts on this thread.

Reply #39801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummmmmm for the dude sayin about Sturt all Pasadena, thats wrong, Open team is Sturt x 3, southern x 3 and centrals x 1. south has more people, but they are all aweful.
sturt is best club obviously. thats why we won state club champs. no one else came close. next year at states you can expect sturt to dominate once again, along with possibly north, once again. its a fact, everyone knows it.

Reply #39867 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Selections for tonight's games, both Forrestvilles, both Sturts and Woodville. All to be close apart from F 1.

Reply #40073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so Davo since you have a bye will u b heading out to a game?

I say centrals will get over sturt 2 if the div 1s are playing.

Reply #40091 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Too cold, might stay in by the fire although I'm interested in the Forrestville games, go F 2(it will help us). I was going to say Centrals but thought it might give people the wrong impression.

Reply #40145 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

we won by about 20 2nite i think with injury early in game and my being sick so had 7 with 2 people bit sick and 1 injured half way through starting to make our run home.

Reply #40154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville beat southern about 64-32

Reply #40155 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 2 beat centrals by 5

Reply #40156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both eagles teams won, eagles 1 over norwood comfortably, and eagles 2 in a hard fought win over north.

Reply #40167 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

f/ville 2 over north??? Thats a big effort.

Mikele who are you with?

Who was tigers missing??

Reply #40186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mikele is the pg for sturt 2.1's

Reply #40188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are u saying that North lost to Forestville. Does anyone know the score from that game.

Reply #40189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

48-42 fville 2 over north. i think fville 1 vs norwood was 55-25 or so.

Reply #40193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad is North they lose to the bottom side team. How bad can they get. Does anyone know why a top five team can lose to the bottom team.

Reply #40264 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Forrestville 2 finished 3rd over Summer and I think injuries played a big part in their poor start to Winter.

Reply #40265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact is that North lost to the bottom team. I have lost all my respect for North

Reply #40268 | Report this post

up top  
Years ago

aparantly north dont turn even up to training or anything anymore

Reply #40282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

over the past few weeks there has only been 3 or 4 guys out at training due to other comitments and exams. also the poorly run trainings mite have an effect on the numbers out at training

Reply #40289 | Report this post

f/ville  
Years ago

the ultimate test will be whether or not we can knock of the raining champions next wk, f/ville (1) Vs f/ville (2), who has faith in us?

Reply #40294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no1

Reply #40296 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'll get my tips in early this week. Both Sturts, F1 over F2 (sorry, I've picked them all year), Woodville and South. Not as many close ones as usual, but the best Woodville v Norwood and South v West.

Reply #40312 | Report this post

f/ville  
Years ago

Anonymous is a tough guy

Reply #40509 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Is it possible for Forrestville 1 to be beaten this season and if so how? We would certainly like to know.

Reply #40670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nope....simply not possible

Reply #40678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave just score more points than them... easy does it

Reply #40680 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Why didn't we think of that.

Reply #40691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only way to beat them is to apply man on man pressure on their offence and double teaming their best players. Another way is to run your offence patiently do not hurry up and you will score the points.

Reply #40697 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

They are certainly more dangerous inside than out but can knock down the trey if they get their feet set.

Reply #40720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perfect example of a team which should be playing Division One.

Most of the kids in the team would be playing Division One if they were willing to leave Forestville.

Reply #40733 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Are they first or second years?

Reply #40734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does it matter?

Reply #40740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think they have 3 first years. another case for pro/rel.

Reply #40741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're simply too good for the grade they're in. Simple as that.

They would have to be the safest bet for a premiership of any in the competition at the moment.

Reply #40742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

stop talking poo poo boys... forestville is good but they are not a safe bet to win the grand. sturt 1 always give them a challenge. stop talking up f1 who ever you are (shaun scott)

Reply #40745 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

As the rules stand ATM, it would only matter if the second years had ambitions to play Div 1. The first years would get a Div 1 spot next year.

Reply #40746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point being that they have the talent/ability to play at a Division One standard.

That the team as a whole is a Division One standard team, which is more then can be said for some of the teams actually in Division One at the moment.

Reply #40776 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

As good as they are, they still wouldn't mix it with the top five teams in Div 1 though.

Reply #40782 | Report this post

f/ville  
Years ago

A classic example of this is by beating south division 1 in melb.

Reply #40787 | Report this post

Eagles  
Years ago

... then perhaps you should talk to/convince YOUR club to vote FOR two div 1 teams/pro-rel instead of against it!!!

Reply #40816 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

Beating south div 1 is no accomplishment their div 2 is just as good as them.

F/ville would not finish top 5 if they were div 1, i reckon they would be struggling for a top 8 spot.

The only one that deserves a go in div 1 from that team is the one who doesnt talk himself up.

Reply #40830 | Report this post

cant cut it  
Years ago

why cant u make div 1 at ur club eagles?

Reply #40846 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I am sure there is an overlap in every division (eg. top side of div 3 can beat bottom side of div 2). It is therefore an individual players perogative to look at others clubs if they wish to play at a higher grade.

Reply #40851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gd point

Reply #40886 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

I remember North having 2 div 1 teams, and the weaker team did not win a game, or MAYBE might have won 1 game if lucky i dont EXACTLY remember - maybe rob, gary or brett could help me out.

But they went from div 1 not winning a game, to playing grand final div 2s and losing by a point. They lost about 2 games in div 2, where as they couldnt even win that many in div 1. And that was a TALENTED div 2 team...

Reply #40890 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

south 53 west 20

Reply #40897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f/ville 1 beat f/ville 2 by bout 35

Reply #40900 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

West got 20 in a game..... what went wrong there?

Any other results

Reply #40925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how did sturt go

Reply #40959 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I believe Sturt 2 won by 25 over Tigers.

Reply #40972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 1 beat centrals by 35

Reply #40973 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The only game we need to know is Woodville v Norwood, anybody got the scores?

Reply #40974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood beat woodville 52-46

Reply #40994 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

After saying last week this is an even competition (apart from F1) at the moment, the scores from Friday didn't back this up.

Is this because of injuries or colds/flu etc?

Reply #41059 | Report this post

heh  
Years ago

fville 1 had injuries when playing fville 2, they were missing harry and mark.

Reply #41310 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Who do you think will get the fifth spot in the five? I think Strut 2 may have replaced Woodville after the last round (not on sporting pulse yet). Can North hang onto fourth place?

Reply #41342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way. I think they cannot play as a team and that is one of their weakness. I think that team has to many good players who think about themselves when they play. Sturt2 might be the only team playing as a team because they lack height and athletisicm and it seems its working for them so far.

Reply #41500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous 41500) who do you play for

Reply #41543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

obviously sturt 2

Reply #41566 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

The way I see it panning out (apart from a major unforseen melt-down) is F1, S1, and South safe in their current positions. Then three teams fighting for two positions North, S2 and Woodville. A bit of a gap has opened between Woodville and West/Norwood (but West have had the bye).

From those three teams I think maybe S2 and North, but there's still seven games left and injury and illness could change everything.

Reply #41606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't see F2 making a late charge to the finals? at least them & centrals could definately play spoilers!

I think F2 had already played F1, S1, north & south twice, which just leaves them to play teams 5-11. don't forget, they did finish ahead of those guys in summer.

will be an interesting race for 5th!

Reply #41614 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think F2 would have to win all of their games but they have had the bye also, which should help. Probably need a few results to go their way, but it's very even competition.

As you say they finished 3rd in Summer.

Reply #41618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its Interesting how anonymous 41566 says sturt 2 playes as a team. The way i've seen it only half the time they will consider playing as a team and the rest of the time 3-4 of there players are more interested in trying to take on everyone then passing to an open player. I reckon north come fifth, there loss to s2 was a fluke

Reply #41803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who takes norths 4th spot then?

do you all think the top 3 will stay in the same order or will south/sturt 1 knock f'ville off?

Reply #41804 | Report this post

heh  
Years ago

1) fville 1
2) Sturt 1
3) South
4) North
5) Sturt 2

i think that south will give sturt 1 a run for their money and could (Gasp) upset sturt. Forrestville 2 would be in fianls if it wasnt for that aweful start however i think they have left their run to late.

Reply #41845 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Be tough this week as we're missing a couple of players, (South to beat Sturt 1 that is).

I'm going F1, S1, South, S2 and Woodville. Not that North are a bad team, they just seem a bit inconsistent.

Reply #41852 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Be tough this week as we're missing a couple of players, (South to beat Sturt 1 that is).

I'm going F1, S1, South, S2 and Woodville. Not that North are a bad team, they just seem a bit inconsistent.

Reply #41853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next season there is only 1 team from each club in div 1 and 2. That means that a number of div three teams will be super strong and it also means that a number of div 2s this year (like me) will most likly have to play in div 3 next season

Reply #41887 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

I agree with your picks Dave. Although woodville is just as inconsistant as north in my books. There will be a big fight for the 5th spot. Guess you need to look at the end of season schedule to see who will get it.

Reply #41951 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Probably becuase North are fourth, but if they lose to a team below them it appears they have underacheived, where as Woodville have came from a lower position and have gone up the ladder.

I think with the improvement of F2, Centrals and if Tigers hit a bit of form, they can have a big impact on where some teams will finish in the five.

Reply #42055 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Every team has a chance to pull back at least 1 point on the title favourite this week. All games look like being close.

My tips are; Centrals, South, North, S2 and F2. Will F2 start a near impossible run to the finals? Will North find their best form at Pt Adelaide? Can Norwood beat S2 to become a legit playoff team again? Can South beat S1 for the first time (last two games 1 and 3 point margins)? Will Centrals continue to improve or can the Tigers turn their season around?

Please post results early so we will all know the answers.

Reply #42392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sound of F2 making a run to the finals sounds very good to me and they could very well do it.

Reply #42408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

since Melb F2 have had good results (except against F1). they'll be looking to add to that this week by notching a W over woodies and beginning their charge to finals.

Davey, you mentioned injuries for your south mob this week... true? if so, i don't fancy your chances of knocking off sturt.

Reply #42416 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Everyone struggles against F 1 (apart from S 1 and North who seem to get the best results)and yes it will be very tough this week.

Reply #42438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North has a lot of talent. I think nearly all of their players are capable of making div 1s. They are a good team and they will probably finish third spot but i think their key to success is disciplineand team work.

Reply #42493 | Report this post

Crack-a-Lackin  
Years ago

i agree with the comments of anon(#42493) as north do have alot of very talented players. but the team seams to really struggle to play as a team which is leading to there downfall. north should have only lost 1 or 2 games this season and drawn none, if they can get it together come finals time they could knock off f1 as they drew to them with only 6 players

Reply #42612 | Report this post

north  
Years ago

North are able to play as a team as they proved this with a draw against the top side (f/ville
) so north are classified ad an un-consistent team

Reply #42621 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 37 Sturt 1 65

Reply #42769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville 2 beat Woodville by 8 i think.

Reply #42771 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

sturt 2 beat norwood by 10

Reply #42872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north 48 - west 17

Reply #42889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone got a rundown of the woodville - sturt 2 game?

Reply #42893 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

a few posts above it states they played forestville 2....?

Reply #42914 | Report this post

Brix  
Years ago

Sturt 2 beat norwood by 15 points

Reply #42964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats great seeing Sturt2 getting better every week. They are a good chance of keeping their fifth spot. The only advice i have for them for next week when they play Forestville2 is watch their blonde head guard he will make a difference if Sturt2 win or lose because Forestville 2 is a team on the rise.

Reply #43084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #43121 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Selections for this week. Forrestville 1, South in a close one, one of the games of the round Forrestville 2 over Sturt 2 (still capable of winning all of their games to reach the play-offs), Norwood and the other close game Sturt 1 and North, but Sturt were red-hot last week especially in the second half, so Sturt 1.

Reply #43648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looking forward to your trek to the 'plex Davey? i think F2 need to beat S2 by quite a bit to get the advantage over them. i like F2's chances. have you ever had trouble with S2?

despite coming 3rd at state champs, norwood could actually end up coming last. i think centrals & F2 are only half a game behind them now, and i think they should win more games than norwood coming home. wouldn't that be interesting?

Reply #43659 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

i havent posted for abit but you guys were talking about 1st years and 2nd years. Me and a big guy 32 are only 2nd years and atm 32 is injurded and 2 div 1 players are injurd so we lost couple people for this week but we will c friday night against north...

Reply #43666 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yes, we only beat S2 by 3 points in the first round. They seem to play well as a team and tend to creep up on you.

Always like the trip to the 'Plex (worth travelling the bit extra to play on that court instead of the old Elizabeth concrete). Should be a good game as Centrals are improving, not quite sure what to expect, but a close one.

F2 have played the top four teams in the second round and have S2, Tigers, Norwood, Centrals, Bye and West. The Bye may be the problem but can win all of those on the way home. S2 to be the hardest and and a finals berth could hinge on the outcome.

Mikele the team you had last week against us I think would beat all but F1 even tho you were missing a couple.

Don't forget to post your results early, can't wait for Sporting Pulse.

Reply #43687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are going to lose Sturt because they are missing #15 who is their best player this weekend.

Reply #43691 | Report this post

number 50  
Years ago

how do people think centrals are going they had a bad start to the season well a very vad start and now they seem to be winning games how far do people think they will get

Reply #43713 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I'll let you know after the game tomorrow.

Reply #43716 | Report this post

cracl-a-lackin  
Years ago

North's #15 is not the best player in the team he is one of the most usless div 2 players in the comp, he does absolutly nuthing in games apart from camping in the key

Reply #43741 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 75 Centrals 42

Reply #43898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Number50 you are as worthless as yopur team is. To say the truth you are big for nothing and you cannot play basketball. My tip Centrals finishing bottom.

Reply #43900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles 2 over Sturt 2 by 6.

Reply #43905 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

we (fville 1) beat west by 30. Cant wait for sturt this week, should be an awesome (and close) game.

Reply #43929 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

yeah should b good shaun wish we had full team to play u guys but waiting on couple other guys on injuries to c how they are but will cu friday...

Reply #43931 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

who you guys missing? chettle sprained his ankle on friday night and i havent spoken to him since, dont know if he is playing but apart from that we will have a full strength side.

Reply #43942 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

north over sturt by 1pt

Reply #44015 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

we will have same team as we did against north i think missing 4 players

Reply #44016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north beat sturt 1? wat the?

Reply #44036 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Any details on the game (North v Sturt 1)? Looking forward to the game next week (South v North). We should have some players back.

Reply #44041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both team played well and both were missing a few players, the game cam down to the last 5 seconds but a bad pass from the sturt pg in my opinion cost them the game

Reply #44110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 is a joke he camps all the time hes probably talkin himself up

Reply #44158 | Report this post

white guy  
Years ago

forestville will win this hands down no one will stop them

and no i dont play for forestville

Reply #44191 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

michele who are you missing? we will be full strength i think.

what also happened against north also?

Reply #44528 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Tips for this week. Two top of the table games.

South of course (but will be another tough one), Forrestville 2 (did their finals hopes plenty of good beating Sturt 2 last week), Norwood, Woodville and Forrestville 1 to beat an undermanned Sturt 1 (not that would change my tipping).

Post results early (Sporting Pulse still hasn't got last weeks results up).

Reply #44559 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

Anonymous,(#44110) ok who eva u are dont have the balls to post ur name i am the pg from sturt and you can not blame the game just on me their were many other bad passes from both teams during game just cause mine was the pass in the last play havin 3 guys all over you is hard to get pass off while out of control but this week still give it 100% against forestville even thou missing 4 like against north.

Reply #44707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt pgs (mikele) a top player

Reply #44709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you make a pass that costs the game you learn not do that again and Mikele your pass cost the game.

Reply #44757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well mikele mabe you shouldnt be a ball hog and go for glory, instead u should have passed ealier to an open player. theres no i in team.

Reply #44788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hello point guard from sturt yeh if your a point guard there is no way you should crack under pressure of a close game in the last few seconds, you should have passed the ball off wen there was only 2 players on you. the sole role of a point guard in a team is to take care of the basketball and providing options for other team memebers so by failing to contribute ur part to the team consequently lost ur team the game.

Reply #44789 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

amazing to see no 1 post their name every1 makes mistakes justbad to see every1 pointing out 1 bad pass no 1 wants to mention any good things and dont comment if you werent their havin 3 players all over you and barely in control it is hard. If i made the pass no one would of mentiond this hmmm....

Reply #44860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its like everyhing else, if you do something wrong, or your team isnt up there with the top teams then you are open for critisism. But if you do something good or you win a game, well it is very rare for someone to ost anything good about it.

Reply #44861 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

so tru by another anonymous but anyway will leave u guys to u dogging people over msn cause i got a game to get to catcha

Reply #44873 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 20 North 48

Reply #44882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did your game end up Mikele? I hear there were some interesting results at MV? North beating South by that much is interesting, and I think F2 beat Tigers quite easily?

Dave... 20 points... what's the go?

Reply #44884 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Yeah, couldn't break the zone open. Shot like crap. North played very well, good hustle.

Reply #44888 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

we knocked of sturt by 18. i think both teams would be unhappy with how they played. sturt only had 6 and two were on 4 fouls for the second half.

it was abit dissapointing for us after we got out to a 16 4 start in the first half and then let them come back.

South next week Dave then north the week after. tough run for most of the top teams for the run home to finals.

Reply #44891 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Shaun I think we would have to improve alot to worry you next week, but we're working on it.

Reply #44892 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

yeah plus missing coach :P.
anyway we have another 10pm game next week at clipsal against woodville that 2 10pm games in a row (basa)then we got other sturt team then southern tigers then norwood...

Reply #44906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south, north, centrals and woodville is our run.

dave, whats the deal with mprphetvale court 4... so dodgy. thats where we are playing you guys.

Reply #44914 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

We're not too thrilled about that either. Morphett Vale seems to be our new home court.

Tell Shaun not to dunk or he'll pull the ring down on himself.

Reply #44916 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

haha nah i learnt my lesson last time we played at morphetvale. the ring swayed for about thirty seconds.

i say we both agree on playing on another mutual court instead of playing down there.

Reply #44943 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

what were the results for last night

Reply #44965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so F1 beat S1 by 20ish?
F2 beat Tigers by 20ish?
North beat South by 30ish?

What were the other two results?

Davey, so much for a close competition! 1 beats 2 by 20, 3 beats 4 by 30!

Reply #45134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west beat woodville by 10ish

woodville's season = over

Reply #45158 | Report this post

evans  
Years ago

Mikele youre a knob. ofcourse people are gonna talk about a bad pass.. u lost youre team the freakin game. And u take it so seriously.. youre reaction to a small side comment sparked all this criticism. you obviously have wat some people call small man syndrome.. you feel inferior to everyone else and therefore feel the need to justify everything said in criticism against you. If someone does something bad then people will talk about it a hell of alot more than if someone does something good.. its just a fact of life glad to see ur gettin the idea.

Reply #45231 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Things have changed in the latter part of the season due to a few injuries and a few sickies for some teams. We'll have to wait for finals to see if those results are a true.

Reply #45316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do you guys think will be making the top 5, ready to play some finals basketball?

Reply #45463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

top 5 is already decided more or less f1, s1, south, north, s2

Reply #45468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For F2 to make finals Sturt2 must lose three more games and F2 should win all the remaining games. If F2 make the finals i think that will be the biggest comeback ever from bottom place to a top 5 spot.

Reply #45504 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

S2 still have to play West, S1, South and North.

F2 play Norwood, Centrals, bye and West.

It's guuna be close.

Reply #45510 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

far out it is going to be close.

Reply #45606 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

.......... wtf?
F2 have got no hope thye are 4 - 11, and they have to win 4 games to get top 5, and theres only 3 left???

Or am i jst smoking crack?
If anything it would be woodville or maybe even norwood?

Reply #45619 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

k my sporting pulse is rooted, ignore me.

Reply #45621 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

no i was just saying that you cant blame a game on just 1 player or just 1 play that was my point and u come on here with me not wen knowing who the hell u are and lash out...

Reply #45636 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Agreed Mikele, although the play at the end stands out, the game is played over 40 mins with many turnovers costing points. Its unfair to blame any one player. Its a team game and the team takes responsibility.

Statue, SP ladder hasn't been updated for a couple of weeks, so I think F2 are 6 and 11. S2 are 8, 8 and 1.

Reply #45640 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

but the point guard at the end of the game has the game in his hands , no offence but he should have made the pass earlier

Reply #45643 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I didn't see the game I'm just talking generally.

Reply #45646 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

i heard a rumour than in the final gane of the season woodville vs forestville 1 a random spectactor wit a vested interest in the game is goin to run onto the court and take out 44 for forestville then do a cartwheel and then give number 44 the double middle finger......should b interesting to watch.....i play for sturt but this shud b great to watch.

Reply #45807 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

well looks like u18 sturt has lost a player i can not say who just will say it is a big man and is moving to another club out country way yes that is the grey colourd uniform club hmmm ....

Reply #45814 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Whose this dude thats going to hit number 44? I wish i could be there to see it!

Reply #45844 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Tips for tonight North, F2, South (have to stay true), S1 and S2.

Woodville must have the hardest run home, playing the top four teams. Just about count them out.

Post your results early.

Reply #45869 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

selfe is a good bloke, and its a pity that woodville dont see it that way. Its funny seeing woodvile treat two players badly ( Selfe and Ivan) and now they are playing good basketball at our club.

he wont be getting anywhere near selfe on court and this is just another example of idiots from woodville.

poor form.

Reply #45870 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

f1 over south is my tip dave :P

Reply #45871 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Hate to disappoint you Shaun but...

Reply #45876 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

wat number club is this for self 4th or 5th

Reply #45888 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

fville woodville south. rather have him that not.

Reply #45889 | Report this post

thomas  
Years ago

i grew up playing with ivan. i do not have a problem with him he is a great bloke. So i dont wanna hear we say we treat ivan badly for leaving woodville. i dont blame him for leaving woodville, he never got the game time he deserved. Im glad to see that forrestville saw the talent he had, its unfortunate we had to lose him.

Reply #45891 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

ivans a champion and i think ull find that most people at woodville share the same view of him. we dont blame him for leaving as we all kno he got a rough deal.....if ur readin this ivan remember "Ivan play defense!"

Reply #45897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he now cops "Ivan make basket!" at F'Ville!

Reply #45904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

um norwood lost to f2 by 9 or so.

Reply #45906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any other results?

Reply #45907 | Report this post

indalecio  
Years ago

south 44 forestville1 61

south had a crap first quarter 7 to 23, but played very well in the last 3. Best player for forestville was probably Harry, who scored a ton in the first quarter.

Reply #45908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville beat sturt 1 by 6 or so

Reply #45911 | Report this post

old teammates  
Years ago

I am from woodville and i was and still am mates with both Selfe and Ivan. I have huge respect for both these guys.

I cant believe these posts of crap you guys have made up. I cant think of one person, Not ONE, who has anything against these 2 from our woodville club.

Shaun. You have got alot of guts saying idiots from Woodville.

The way i see your team is a bunch of honest players, i.e Selfe, Stef Sapio, Ivan... and then i see 1 player that thinks he owns at basketball and come talks himself up on here.
Woodville have got a lot of respect for every team in the comp and just play honest basketball. Insulting us with that post is a pathetic attempt to make us look bad.

Thought i would come on here after hearing tonight that people thought we were putting Ivan and Selfe down. Dont start these crap rumours.

Reply #45912 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

i think all these bagging other players and holding grudges and targetting players from other teams is crap. guys just go out and play hard and dw about who is on the other team except purely from a basketball sense. ur paying ur fees to play basketball at the highest possible level and to improve ur own games, not to offer ur opinions about other players.

Reply #45913 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

Ivan had problems with coaches thats why he left. i apologise for not stating that earlier.

but do you think it is reasonable that people come on here and make comments regarding people running onto the court and taking someone out?

Reply #45918 | Report this post

old teammate  
Years ago

I wish i knew which player it was who came up with the rumour. Im concerned with you how you basically backed the rumour up. Just as long as Self and Ivan know that no one here has anything against them and that there will be no fights on game day

Reply #45929 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

good to hear old teammate. i talked to selfe last night about it and he didnt really seem to mind.

Reply #45950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good effort from Woodville to beat Sturt 1. I've heard it was a great contest and the Warriors led the whole way.

Reply #45955 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

na actully shaun it is woodville,south,sturt, and forestville.....

Reply #45959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North won the game against Centrals 56-12. Great win by North they are finally finding their rythm again and are looking like a big threat and have a good chance of challenging Forestville for the title of the best team in the comp.

Reply #45978 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

it wasnt 56 - 12 it was 48-20 n nort played pretty bad and were missing a few players

Reply #46021 | Report this post

: ) mwahahahahah  
Years ago

"re: #24 for Woodville Under 18s Div 2 (#34007)
this is a player from sturt and we played woodville tonite for state champs. I have to say that this damon boy and woodville team is nothing flash. they are unsportsmanlike and do not play the game of basketball the way it should be played.

Anonymous, 15/05/05"

nuff said hehe

Reply #46068 | Report this post

ATTN SHAUN  
Years ago

How about u read the actual post (#45807) - a random spectator - so how can u say it is an idiot from woodville.. im sure you could figure out who this j bags person is if you really wanted..

Reply #46087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're so nothing flash, but you still got beaten hahahahahahahahaha

Reply #46157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think thats his point

Reply #46175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we lost against fv2.. we were playin catch up the whole game n should av won but wat can u do.. we've had a shit run n after finishin 3rd in state champs we're all pretty fkd off that were probly not gonna be playin finals.. fv1 is gonna take it out easily but gd luck 2 every1 else.. mikele r u gona hve a full team back by finals?? if u's do then i rekn theres a bit more competition come finals time..

Reply #46252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well as mikele said, one of their bigs (AB) is gone, and they lost to woodville with their full 8, so will F1s strongest competition come from north or sturt?

Reply #46410 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

we only had 6 and were missing our leading scorer, they lost one of their bigs? they had like 5 guys over 6'3...

Reply #46441 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

True, woodville we're missing their most consistant scorer and sturt 1 had plenty of height, so they cant really complain. They just got beaten by a better team on the night.

Reply #46496 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Now the tables have been updated at last, North have moved into 3rd spot at our expense but have Forrestville 1 next week. We obviously hope F1 are at the top of their game (no offense North). No doubt North hope Woodville kick our arse too.

Reply #46499 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

well if u guys dont drop 10 second half threes again we might be in with a shot :P

Reply #46506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shauns pretty cool

Reply #46545 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

yeah we lost 1 big guy to div 1s and another big guy to Mavs but still got alot of hieght not sure what it is at the moment but you guys talking like the year is over already it aint

Reply #46553 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

whos talking about the year being over...??

Reply #46599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wats there to talk about.. whos going to beat forestville?

Reply #46606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely north have a shot this week? they drew last game, and lost by <10 at state champs.

interesting to see that 4/5 games are on at DHD this week, all court 3. good for scouting!

predictions? f'ville 1 to beat north in a real tough match. f'ville 2 to continue to march towards finals by beating centrals. tigers to knock off west in a battle of this seasons disappointing teams. south to beat woodville in a tight match to help f'ville 2 on their way to 5th spot & sturt 1 to beat sturt 2.

battle for 3rd will heat up, as securing 3rd spot ensures a 2nd chances in finals.

Reply #46613 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

This weeks tips, both Forrestviles, West South and Sturt 1. All close apart from West and maybe S1, although S2 have a lot to play for.

Does playing zone against F1 100% of the time allow them to practice their offensive game plan which will lessen the effectiveness come finals time? We have used a zone through the season as a change up D, but last week played m2m all game.

Go F1.

Reply #46624 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

weve done alot of work at training against zone defences. i personally lose respect for teams that play zone defence, its cheap and encourages bad habbits...

Reply #46690 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Get ready Shaun, you'll be playing against a zone tonight.

Reply #46695 | Report this post

Ackbar  
Years ago

It's a trap!

Reply #46698 | Report this post

random  
Years ago

shaun - didn't see the ABL champions Woodville play at all then did you?

They won the title playing zones.

Stomach that.

Reply #46730 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

and? i still dont think, especially at young level that zones are a decent way to play defense.

Reply #46736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You said...

re: 18 div 2 winter 2005 (#46690)
weve done alot of work at training against zone defences. i personally lose respect for teams that play zone defence, its cheap and encourages bad habbits...

shaun, 19/08/05

Woodville won the title playing zones. Are they cheap? Have you lost respect for them?

Reply #46742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well shaun we all kno u think ur the best, but did u kno nba teams play zone??? u beta start showing respect for them for when u get drafted...

Reply #46758 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

good game north.

fville by 19.

Reply #46762 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 44 Woodville 36 (17 to 2 last quarter to get out of jail)

Reply #46765 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Just noticed that Forrestville 2 have the bye next week which means they can't get to the finals. I think Sturt 2 should be safe as Woodville has North and F1 to finish on.

Brave effort by F2 though to come from so far behind to fall just short.

Reply #46766 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

yeh ur 1-3-1 screwed us over again...must admit tho its a bit hard to knock down threes in the last quarter when both of ur training venues are deemed unavailable and u dont train for a week, no training either for the next week then its off to starplex to face north.

Reply #46769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun means teams who play zones al game, almost every team plays a bit of zone every game..but playin it all game sh*** alot of people.....F1 can play against m2m or zone...

Reply #46773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave, F2 still can make finals as BASA need to fix up the teams that didnt play eastern before they dropped out by most likely giving them a win.

Its unfair a team may miss out on the pure fact another club dropped out the week it plays them and disadvantages them.

Reply #46805 | Report this post

crack-a-lackin  
Years ago

a good toug game between fv1 and north on fri nite numbers were a bit of a problem as north only had 6 players, north were lead for a good part of the game but north jus couldnt keep up. good game fv1

Reply #46809 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

yeh it was a good game, gave us a wake up. #21 was on fire. 5 threes or something.

Reply #46811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has anyone beaten forestville? Theres nothing wrong with zones. Good teams relish playng against poor zones.

Reply #46871 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

we lost the first game of the summer season against sturt. we drew with north some time this season. apart from those two, no.

whats the layout for finals going to be?

2 vs 5
3 vs 4
1 goes straight to prelims??

Reply #46890 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

4 v 5 elimanation
2 v 3 qualifying
1 has the bye

Then 1 v winner of 2 v 3
loser 2 v 3 plays winner of 4 v 5
loser elimanated etc

With the F2 situation is it something that happens automatically (get the win over Eastern) or do you have to fight with BASA. I think Norwood are in the same boat and are 1 point ahead of F2.

Norwood have had the bye this week and then West and S1.

F2 won this week bye next week then West.

S2 lost this week then South and North.

If F2 and Norwood get an extra game each I'm sticking my neck out and say F2 for 5th (with 41 points), Norwood 6th on %(40 points), S2 7th (40 points)and Woodville 8th (37 points).

But I'm a bad judge so make your own mind up.

Reply #46896 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

North and Woodville must be thrilled travelling to Starplex for Fridays game. Just as thrilled as we are playing Sturt 2 at Morphett Vale.

Reply #47063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My feelings say that North will be beating Sturt 2 quite easily with their current form. However, I do believe that the F/Ville 2 boys must be cheering south on so they can have a chance of making finals. Do them proud Dave.

Reply #47066 | Report this post

fa shiz  
Years ago

Is this shaun bloke any good at basketball? is the forestville 1 team stuck up? some 1 told me that they had some former summer div 1 players? is this true? are they even any good?

Reply #47073 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

As far as South are concerned we have no problems with Forrestville 1 (or 2). Shaun is fine to play against, goes hard, intense, no problems. Seems a similar team to Summer. And yes there are a very good team.

Anonymous, as hard as you are cheering for us North are cheering our opposition, you can't please everyone.

When will we be hearing BASA's ruling on your game against Eastern.

Reply #47237 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

harry and steph both played div 1 over summer.

Reply #47265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt they rotate or something in summer? so its not like those guys were dropped, just that they decided to go with others in div 1?

i think the div 1s are top, or close to, so i imagine its a tough team to get into. there are a few in the 2s that could probably play 1s though, arent there?

Reply #47270 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

james, jared, harry and steph were all rotated through div 1 and 2 in summer.

The coach opted for jared and james considering they both are first years and are/were in sassi.

Reply #47361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's all the coach I say. TCP for Coach of the Year!!

Reply #47369 | Report this post

TCP  
Years ago

Thanks Mum! :)

Reply #47395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

geeeez shaun you'd be a bit upset not getting a run in the 1's this season wouldnt you?

Reply #47454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry TCP not mum ... DEFINATELY not mum ;-)

Reply #47490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TCP is more like TCW!

Reply #47557 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Tips for this week Sturt 1, Forrestville 1, North, South and Norwood on Sunday week.

It's gunna seem strange next week not playing on a Friday night and stranger playing on a Saturday.

Reply #47584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think woodville could cause an upset this week.

Reply #47593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it will be hard for woodville to cause an upset this week. we will only have like 5 players.

Reply #47608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon (#47557) - what does the W stand for?

Reply #47609 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

forrestville 68 centrals 31. Fvile played missing a few.

Reply #47706 | Report this post

Years ago

north ova woodvile by 10ish

Reply #47707 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 55 Sturt 2 50

Reply #47721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phew - those two results keep F2 alive!!!

Reply #47724 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If I knew you were sweating on the results I would have posted them last night. lol.

How is your fight with BASA going?

Reply #47725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't heard anything yet, but surely they have to make all Eastern games worth the same. Whether it's byes, wins, whatever!

Now that I've found out the result, I can go to bed :P

Reply #47728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u guys are pretty bad at basketball your in division 2 i bet most of u are really bad dw im paro but ill still drop 50 on forestville next week fo shizz;e

Reply #47789 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Im paro 2 but i bet u wont u smelly crud face

Reply #47790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahhhhhhh the Woodville boys are back again.

Reply #47792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davey - having read another school thread, I am getting the feeling that the injured Unley player mentioned was Matt Smith? Does that mean he didn't line up on Friday? Is his wrist actually broken? Is his Div 2 season over?

Reply #47855 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

10 bucks says anonymous #47855 is that matt smith bloke

Reply #47862 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

No he didn't play Friday. Appears not to be broken, but follow-up x-rays to confirm this. If not, could be back for finals.

Reply #47872 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

With one round to go and looking to review, how have teams been affected with illness and injury over the season. If they have, how many games do you think it has cost you.

From our point of view, Summer was a complete wipe-out, with injuries to the Div 1's severely messing us up. Winter not so bad, but we are three players down ATM.

Looking at other clubs Forrestville 2 seems worse off than anyone, but Sturt 1 are suffering from lack of numbers as have North from time to time. Tigers' team from Summer seems completely different and of course Eastern didn't make it thru' the season.

Reply #48144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat a stupid thing to bring up

Reply #48159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fville 1 have pretty much gone injury free except for the usual weekly injury to chettle.

Fvill 2 lost there big man for a long time which cost them such a bad start at the beggining of winter. They would have easily been in the top 5 by now.

Reply #48198 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Anonymous 48159 why is that stupid? I was just curious as to why some teams have perhaps underperformed this season and for people outside the team don't understand why.

Reply #48210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave i hate to break it to you mate but there is more to life than the under 18 div 2 thread on hoops SA

Reply #48224 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

There is?? You mean my stamp and butterfly collections. LOL. Yeah you're right.

Reply #48232 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Well you obviously dont have even that seeing as u post here 5 times a day.

Reply #48341 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/profile/?u=Dave

and this just proves my point.

Reply #48343 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Jeez take a look who's in the starting five Dr. Fullofshit with 39. I don't do that in a month!

Don't worry I've got the hint.

Reply #48345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it's worth anything Davey, I enjoy your posts & think this has been a great thread for all involved with U18 2's to share results, notes etc.

Don't quit on us 1 week out from finals. Besides, you can't spend too much time on those stamps & butterflies!

Reply #48365 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Dave, i share opinions on all types of basketball, NBA, NBL, Local, School and all the other topics. I dont just talk to myself in the same thread. I look around, post and then come back the next day to have a look at responses. I didnt even know youd responded to me until a friend told me. So with 74 posts in the one thread, your looking quite the loser right about now.

Reply #48369 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

amen to that

Reply #48370 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

dave your from south right, which one are you?

Reply #48371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave hah hah

Reply #48373 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Dr Dipshit, does the word hypocrite mean anything to you, better get a dictionary and look it up (you know that book that tells you what words mean). You have had more posts than me in two months that I have in nine (average once every two days). I read everything on the forum but prefer to post in my area of interest (you never know U18/1 may be it next season).

How pathetic you even count the number of posts I've made in this thread, but it's what you would expect from someone who calls themselves Dr Bullshit-attention seeking prat.

I'm not sure if you're the boil on the butt of society or the skid marks on the jocks, either way your deep insightful comments on here will be missed when you stop posting - NOT.

For someone who has been accused of being Bizzy (if I was Bizzy I would take it as an insult) you haven't got the hint Have you?

South v Forrestville grand final.

Reply #48380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

M_Dizzle - you're not just jealous that Dave's team is still in contention, while yours is not? Hence, him still caring about the competition, while you don't?

Reply #48422 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

i agree with dr bullshit all the way

Reply #48462 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

anonymous, i am about as jealous of daves team as i am of the penis attached to your forehead

Reply #48491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont worry about him m-dizzle, just tell him about your ship! green haters.

Reply #48495 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

my ship?

Reply #48531 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

i agree with m dizzle

Reply #48537 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Dave mate, id be offended to see your face. My area of interest is all basketball, so i post in all basketball areas. So what your saying makes no sense. Insulting my choice of nickname isnt really getting you anywhere either mate. Its irrelevant to the fact that you have no life but an under 18 div 2 winter 2005 thread on a forum.

Reply #48544 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

i absolutely agree with dr.bullshit!

he is spot on the money!

Reply #48547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

52-cans, all you're saying is that you don't have, or are incapable of having, an opinion of your own. Post something other than "I agree with X"

Dave - give me your finals predictions. I want predictions for every finals game!

Reply #48556 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

lol obviously dave is a beaten man, dr.bullshit and m dizzle live on!

dave u got served! :P

Reply #48558 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

My predictions are that i got drilled by Dr Bullslut and im never going to speak again.

Reply #48559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't tell me you're going to abandon the thread you've made your own after the last few months and go back to you Stamp & Butterfly collection? Say it ain't so!

Reply #48561 | Report this post

Years ago

Dr Bullshit its pppl like u who ruin this thread for every 1 u say u only interested in basketball, if thats so y u on here talking bout how paro u are n dissing other people who have lagitiment opinions

"Im paro 2 but i bet u wont u smelly crud face"

Your heaps cool ey, i wish i was as cool as you

Reply #48583 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

'im paro but im gonna drop 50 on forestville fa shizzle' is not what id call a 'legitimate' opinion

Reply #48621 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

firstly learn to spell. Secondly that wasnt me, i dont know who it was using my name, but quite frankly i dont care. Thirdly I think the thread is already ruined with Dave spitting 70+ posts onto it. Most about nothing in particular. Fourthly who the hell are you, you havent even posted in this thread so how can you say ive ruined it when you dont even know whats going on?

Reply #48625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Bullshit,
what makes you think #21 doesn't know whats going on? He could've just been reading the thread and not posting. Jugdging by the accuracy of his post, I'd say he does know whats going on.

Having a cry because you think someone posts too much in one thread... thats lame. I've always enjoyed Dave's posts, and for him to stop because of some narrow minded idiot would be a shame.

Reply #48762 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

shup up ur all little cry babies winging about who post were. who gives a S^&* they can post were they want. Any i skipped most of the stuffed posted because was alot of bs this week norwood have pulled out for our game so we get sat night off and will b playing finals next week see you all then...

Reply #48814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

we are cry babies? how bout anyone who thinks that go watch mikele play and see how many times he cries in a game coz he was 'fouled'......you all kno what im talkin about

Reply #48815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don t forget all his flops and sucking off the refs

Reply #48831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyways, back to the basketball. Whats the goss, results etc from the 18 div 2 comp? havent heard much lately! wouldnt mind hearing all the results after tonigths games.

Reply #48838 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 73 Tigers 44

Reply #48850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F'Ville 1 over Woodies by 35 or so. F'Ville 2 over West by 15ish.

Now we need the North/Sturt 2 result to see who makes finals.

Reply #48856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

game time was 9:30 at hillcrest i think. so we should be able to get a result soon?

so if sturt 2 won, they're in, if north won, forestville 2 are in. is that right?

Reply #48871 | Report this post

Years ago

North over sturt2 50 - 34

Reply #48883 | Report this post

anti dave  
Years ago

south in the gf - Seriously wot u smoking?

Reply #48884 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

if you guys gonna say shit bout me y dont u post your name but i am probley talking to a wall again since no one has enough balls to put ur name up against your post...

Reply #48888 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

wooooooooooo tough guy!

Reply #48891 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

just telling it how it is...

Reply #48899 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

1. Fville 1
2. Sturt
3. South
4. North
5. Fville 2

1 gets friday night off.
2 vs 3 - winner plays 1 on sunday
3 vs 4.

any predictions for up coming matches?

Reply #48903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forrestville 1 all the way!

Reply #48909 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

forestville 1 are like a well oiled machine, at their best they are 20 points clear of any other team. I agree forestville 1 for the title

Reply #48913 | Report this post

fo schizzle  
Years ago

mikele you talk like ur chilled, homie, gangsta and every1 likes you man... whatsup with that?

Reply #48920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im not hearing much from those that said forestville 2 wouldnt be playing finals basketball?

Reply #48995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south v sturt?
fville 2 v north?

Reply #49030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North are playing pretty well if they beat Forestville2 they will have a good chance of making finals. Forestville 2 stands a chance of also making Grand Final. All i am saying is that with these two teams current form if either of them go through the next round they have a good chance of making the grand final

Reply #49045 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

fo schizzle- do i need to say anymore than your wack name...

Reply #49054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My prediction - TCP will be the worst dressed coach on the sidelines in the finals series.

Reply #49181 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kirsty, don't be so rude! :P

Reply #49196 | Report this post

TCP  
Years ago

Haha. I'll be safe as long as Liam Flynn dons his beanie. :-)

Reply #49203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you'll be safe as long as he turns up TCP

Reply #49233 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Beanies are only used for disguising oneself during scouting missions TCP!

As for Senior Constable anonymous from the fashion police (post 49233) - I promise to never wear my beanie or my Sturt rugby top again as long as you promise to never wear lycra or your mum's hosery.

Reply #49238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ouch TCP, i bet Kylie is not very happy with you att he moment!

Reply #49247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TCP and Liam dress so bad that homeless people have pity on them.

Reply #49253 | Report this post

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Yet it is that pity that warms there hearts as they know that all is not lost! They realise that even though they are without food or lodging, they can still be more fashionable then a couple of U/18 Div 2 coaches. We call it our 'duty to the community'....

Reply #49255 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Coming soon: Liam and Deano, "2005 Duty to the Community" Tour. Follow up to the wildly popular "Coach For Your Clothing" seminar series of late 2004.

Personally, I'm holding out for 2006 and "Where's Your Headwear At?".

Reply #49257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a hat collection so I might go check out that seminar I reckon

Reply #49290 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

hahaha team photos were the first time ive seen deano take off his hat and it was still reluctantly.. he tried to sneak into the photo with it on, i was pissing myself.

Reply #49327 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

south 38 sturt1 27

Reply #49580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave, what number are you?

Reply #49589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the results for the Forestville2 vs North

Reply #49622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North over F2 40-26.

Reply #49628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thank you North you are going to the Grand Final.

Reply #49641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all low scoring matches, interesting.

Reply #49772 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

just because north won one game why does that mean there going to the grand final, still got sturt1 and south to beat 1st

what happened to sturt on fri nite

Reply #49792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do i think North have a chance of making grand final is because they are a quality side and they know how to play adefensive game against any team even Forestville1 but i did not say they are going to beat Forestville1. Judging on current form North have beaten both teams leading up to the finals.

Reply #49802 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

playing north was the toughest game of the season and my prediction is that they will make it to the gf. i was very suprised at south beating sturt, no idea what happened there. going to be a very close finals series.

Reply #49901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave - any tips for the weekend?

Reply #49973 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

Fville over South
North over Sturt

then north to beat sturt in prelim

fville to beat north in gf :D

Reply #50027 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Obviously South over Forrestville 1.
North over Sturt 1. Forrestville 1 over North and South to win the Grand Final. (Stick with us RJ).

But I'm a bad judge, maybe Sturt could beat North.

Reply #50042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun - do you mean north to beat SOUTH in the prelim?

so everyone is playing for second Dave? i think most people agree, but in a different way to you!

Reply #50043 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

When was the last time you picked youself to lose?

Realistically last time we played F1, they were 16 points up after the first break and we lost by 17. Just need to play 4 quarters, easier said than done against Forrestville 1, but we're not out of it.

Injuries aren't helping.

Reply #50045 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

obviosuly u dont know how to predict right :P

Reply #50051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

injuries? who is injured?

i think both games will be closer than many expect.

Reply #50052 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

look at it from out view dave... we played one good quarter of basketball and then let you get back in it. lets do our calculations. 4 x 16 = 64 point win :D

Reply #50056 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I wouldn't mind having a couple of bucks on that spread.

Reply #50062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahahahahahahahahaha gotta give shaun that one!

Reply #50068 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

how bout dave and shaun, you guys just wait til friday to see who wins instead of using the past as a point of view for the current game... :P

Reply #50075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where is the fun in that?!?!

Reply #50097 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

who thinks that north will beat sturt on fri nite. shaun out of the teams left in the finals who would u like to vs in the grandfinal

Reply #50140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats assuming shauns team will even make the gf. are you writing off south already?

Reply #50141 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

tough questoin. I can tell you who i dont want to play and thats north. We have a mentel edge over south and sturt but sturt aer alot more dangerous to us then south as we have a long rivalry and tension is so high during those games. So based on that i would probably say south. Friday night should be interesting though, we are totally injury free and everyone has got a good rest :)

Reply #50169 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

who would you say ur best competitor would be sturt or north? why? why wouldnt you want to play north?

yes south has no hope of a grandfinal appearance

Reply #50185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wannabe Mikele, why the hell would south have no hope of a grand final appearance?! They've just beaten sturt convincingly...

Reply #50190 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

i guessing you play for south, just because they beat sturt means nuthing they are not the only team to beat sturt, both fv1 and north have beaten sturt, also they mite have to play them again or north who gave sturts a 28 point thumping a few weeks ago,

Reply #50197 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

north are too dangerous from the 3 point line, if they get hot, they are dangerous.

i dont know what is happening with sturt as of late, very dissapointing from them but they are easier to keep in check then north.

south dont trouble us as much in size as the other two do and if there guards have a quiete night, then they wont produce offensively.

Reply #50200 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I think we have the best guards in the Div 2 comp, but we do lack height.

Reply #50202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you sure about that Dave North have a guard who has got wicked handles very hard to get the steal from.

Reply #50229 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I was thinking of the two working in tandem rather than any individual. And yes he's very good as is Adam Self(e)? from Forrestville 1.

Reply #50233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chettle/selfe/grigg/ivan is a pretty good guard crop.....

Reply #50236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chettle/selfe/grigg/ivan is a pretty good guard crop.....

Reply #50237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they r except for selfe, ivan play defense! ivan make basket!

Reply #50249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats a good topic of discussion actually, who are the best guard combos?

id rank them forsestville 1 (chettle/selfe/grigg/ian), north (gary, number 21, long black hair pg), south (all the 3pt shooters), woodville (lachie, maglaris, mockford), west (pearce and co), forestville 2 (luke garret, red head pg....

what are your thoughts?

Reply #50250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ivan*

Reply #50251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tom gale, mitch simmons, mikele kuhmar (apologies for spelling) don't even rate a mention? pretty tough!

Reply #50252 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

can we get numbers instead of names please, much more easier to to kno who were talkin bout

Reply #50256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F1 31, 4, 44, 50
north 5, 21
south 11, 14, 22
sturt 34, red head, 11
woodville 10, 40, 13
don't know who F2 have except that 53

I think that those numbers are correct?

so who do yu rate as the best front courts as well?

Reply #50258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat bout 44 from north

Reply #50260 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

yeh id pretty much say the same as that

Reply #50262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my top 3 wud b forestville 1 wit stef (30), shaun (5), brad (55), mark (24)

sturt wit their endless big men

woodville damon (24), mark (45), tom (8), and i spose u cud throw mockford in as a big man as well (10)

most of the other teams are very much guard and perimeter orientated

Reply #50268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north are ok inside with 15 and 31 who work hard.

Reply #50278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While we are at it, all star 5, all defensive team, mvp and other awards?

Reply #50281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

id say stef from forestville for mvp, best player on best team

defensive is hard to judge

all star 5 im goin

C - Damon, woodville #24
F - Shaun, Forestville #5
F - Stef, Forestville # 30
G - North # 21
G - Mikele/lachie/one of the south guards

Reply #50293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think # 15 from North should be the sixth man he is a gun player.

Reply #50306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who do you think deserves to ba MVP of div2 and why?

Reply #50307 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

# 14 for us has been sensational all year (thats not me by the way), high shooting %, low turnovers and great D. A steal last week against Sturt had to been seen to be believed. No. 24 in to his lay-up only to have the ball wrenched from his hands.

From other teams # 30 from F1 (Steph? I think) # 21 from North can light it up from o/s.

Reply #50323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha #14 dont make people laugh now

Reply #50325 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

#21 blonde guard from north

Reply #50326 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

how bout best defensive player?

there are quite a few good defensive players and shot blockers like stef sapio, chris mockford and mark mattiazzo, who else

Reply #50328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about comparing an all star 5 of 1st years to an all star 5 of 2nd years? who would be the better 5?

Reply #50329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun scott for defensive playa

Reply #50331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

write the names players from there teams and who is first year and who is second yer

Reply #50333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

f/ville 1

1st years: tom 41, nate 31, ivan 4

rest are second years...

Reply #50335 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

woodville

c - damon #24 - 2nd yr
f - mark #45 - 1st yr
g/f -chris #10 - 2nd yr
g - tom #13 - 1st yr
g - lachie #40 - 2nd yr

g - jono #7 - 2nd yr
c/f tom #8 - 2nd yr

Reply #50336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville

1st years: tom 13, mark 45

the rest are second years

Reply #50337 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

north
1st years :31, 33, 44, 22

2nd years, 5, 21, 32, 15

Reply #50342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

north
c - gillig #15 - 2nd year
f - Ryan #33 - 1st year
g/f - Corey #22 - 1sr year
g - Brad #21 - 2nd year
g - Mitch #44 - 1st year

g/f - gary #5 - 2nd year
g - Ben #32 - 2nd year
f - dev #31 - 1st year

Reply #50343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

33 from north, 31 from fville 1, 45 from woodville should be in

Reply #50344 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

lets get more peoples opinions on all-star 5 and why?

Reply #50346 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

11, 14, 22 & 31 first years from South

Reply #50348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you'd have to mention 24 from woodville for defensive player too because he blocks a fair few shots and gets a lot of defensive boards

Reply #50357 | Report this post

wtf?  
Years ago

Boyz, Boyz, Boyz your in div 2, ur living a different world, b4 u guys start acting like your all hot, learn the game! leave "all star 5" and "best defensive player" until your out of district basketball!

u guys are in the middle off finals and your worrying about giving awards to each other?

Reply #50362 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

5 that i would want on my team.

c - Brad Hayden, underated.
f - steph
sf - brice
sg - the shooter from north who hit 5 threes against us.
pg - tom gale

ill probably change my mind in a few minutes but thats what im thinking at the moment.

Reply #50363 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

'wtf?' if u dnt care then dnt post, no matter how 'not hot' we and are and the fact that we are 'still learning the game' does not mean we can not talk about our fellow opponents. Doesnt seem to be alot of egotistical talking up, just people expressing which players who they play against that they respect and rate. Id say its a welcome change to some of the stuff that has been said on here before.

Reply #50372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#44 and #21 from North are good combination and lethal at times.#31 is also very good and i have seen him play some awesome games all through the season. All i can say North have a good bunch of players who can win them the game only problem they are not very good working together as a team at times.

Reply #50374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun who are these people, number please. n what clubs they play for.

Reply #50381 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

these is developing into a great topic of discussion but guys try and comment on other teams and players as of course everybody is going to hold their own teammates in a high regard....

Reply #50385 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

c - Brad Hayden, underated. #55 from fville 1
f - steph - #30 from fville 1
sf - brice - state country player from sturt1 #??
sg - the shooter from north who hit 5 threes against us. #??
pg - tom gale #?? from sturt1

sorry about lack of numbers.

Reply #50414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think bryce is actually from nt?

the guard who killed my team from north was 21, but it may have been a different guard who killed you guys.

i think tom is the red-head, isn't he?

Reply #50419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think shaun does little home work, hes here more than at school or study desk

Reply #50422 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

whos your team

Reply #50427 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Bryce is from the NT and next season he is switching to forestville

Reply #50454 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

Forestville up by 40ish over South.

what happened Dave? :P

As if Bryce is coming over next sesaon, we would have been more then happy to take him this season hahaha.

Reply #50498 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Congrats to Forrestville, we only had 4 fit players and 1 of those fouled out. I believe North won as well.

Reply #50506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave, so much for your guards huh?..

Reply #50516 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

interesting that north won. 1st quarter was pretty dissapoining. 14 points in a quarter....

Reply #50520 | Report this post

wannbe mikele  
Years ago

north won in they diing seconds with a fast break lay-up

end score north 44 - sturt 40

Reply #50523 | Report this post

wannbe mikele  
Years ago

14pts in a qtr isnt disapointing that jusshowed that both teams were playing good defence, or jus couldnt shoot lol

Reply #50524 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

nah it was just bad shooting. so many missed layups. almost as bad as me on a fast break.

Reply #50533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

neither team plays good defence, north are physical, sturt are ok, south just hack and slap like women and f/ville 1 dominate on the defencive end when they need to...by the way dave...what happened to your guards?

Reply #50542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville to win by 20 or 30, i can't see either North or South getting any closer.

Reply #50557 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Dave, do you know how many south players are switching to forestville next seanson. I've heard its quite a few.

Reply #50559 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I heard of one in U18's AJ.

Our guards were too busy trying to double team the forwards. #31 for you shot the lights out, was the best game I've seen him play.

Great effort by the complete team though.

Reply #50573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so you thought you could try to make them beat you from the outside? that's tough, they have some damn good shooters too! I think against us they hit about 7 or 8 3s!

plus - doesn't show much faith in Jennings as your big man defender!

Reply #50575 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

We were 2 rebounders down as it was, so what do you do? There are not too many teams that have so many options, certainly at Div 2 level. They would have at least 3 guys who would be walk-up starts for Div 1 at any other club.

Reply #50577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which 3?! who didn't play for you guys? probably hard to compete if you were short handed. will they be right by Sunday?

Reply #50579 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Well without much thought Shaun #5, Steph #30 and Harri #50 (into almost any Div 1 team) and probably others (into lower Div 1 programs).

Out of 9 players on the team, 3 won't be playing.

This is not an excuse (for Fridays performance), we were out-played by a class outfit.

Reply #50583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont forget selfe im sure he could walk onto nearly any division 3 team HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Reply #50605 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

South 40 North 39

To Anti-Dave from 4-9-05, kiss my arse.

Reply #50644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fire up Davey! that's hilarious. stick it up the haters!

how did it all happen? obviously a close game, was it like that all game?

good luck in the gf. do you fancy your chances vs F1?

Reply #50648 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Great game (from our point of view)27 all at 3 quarter time, I think we were 10 down with 3.37 to go. Got it back to 2 with 14 secs to go (on the back of Matt #22 - 3 and a 2) with Jack #31 on the line. Missed the first, got the second, pressured the pass got the steal in the back court Rhys #14 layed it in, held on.

Should have at least one player back for the final. Should be a lot closer than Friday and you never know??

Reply #50654 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

WOOOOO GO TEAM ahahaha Dave who are u?? and is ur last name burne?

Reply #50656 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

Fville a tough side.. to many centres to contend with.. my team (south) only has 1 (me).. so its a hard job out there especially in defence.. although i know when were at our best stick with the Fville team it will be extremely hard to beat them.. see how it goes though i know its possible.. hopefully our injured players come out alright...

sorry for flattening that north guy today i was watching the ball as i jumped and it was too late

Reply #50663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should have at least one player back for the final. Should be a lot closer than Friday and you never know??

40 point turn around.... yeh ok dave

Reply #50664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he didnt say they would win! from the times we've played each team, F1 look stronger, but who knws on GF day. í dont think F1 have played many close ones so if south keep it close, you just never know?

who top scored for you today JJ/Davey?

Reply #50665 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

itll definately be a alot closer who are you anyway anon ???? not suggesting a 40 point turnaround...

Reply #50668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

only needs to be 37!

Reply #50671 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Matt #22 and Rhys #14, 13 aech.

Reply #50675 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

good work south, didnt see that one coming. was expecting to play north in gf.

im looking forward to the match then. hopefully for the sake of everyone its a little closer and more interesting. my last game of district, need to go out in a bang :)

Reply #50678 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

last game of district whysat?? mayb you should giv us a head start haaahahahah

Reply #50679 | Report this post

wannbe mikele  
Years ago

conrats fv1 uv jus got the easyest gf game ever in my opinion fv2 north and sturt all deserve to be in the gf over south, north especially since they had to cope with 3 ko games to make it to the gf im predicting fv1 towin 30-40

Reply #50685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave or Jennings. Is Luca going to play the GF?

Reply #50692 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Not sure on Luka ATM, fingers crossed.

Wannbe Mikele, you should have won more games through the season. If you deserved to be there you would be.

Reply #50709 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

wannabe mikele.. we beat sturt in the first final. also we were 3 or maybe 2 games clear of north adelaide on the ladder. just cos u hate south u cant claim that were hopeless

Reply #50719 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

there is no way south dont deserve to be in the grand final after their finals form. im a little dissapointed about sturt not getting further but south beat them convincigly and managed to claw back to beat north.

The reason why we have been successful in the past against south compared with other clubs (north, sturt) is due to souths lack of big guys to match ours.

should be a good grandfinal. back to my beloved wayville :)

Reply #50768 | Report this post

bubble  
Years ago

well now we have a whole week of talking trash talk yay;) so what are the starting 5 matchups for the big GF? what are the predictions?

Reply #50793 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

C - Shaun #5
F - Brad #55
F - Steph #30
G - Harry #50
G - Nathan #31

most likely starting 5.

Reply #50814 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

jennings b4 u try an make an argument at least get ur facts straight south finished only 1pt above noth on the ladder not 6 or 9, and shaun north also lack a lot of height basically they got a team full of guards, and be sides sturt or north would have made it a more interesting game than south jus going out and shooting 3's all game

Reply #50851 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

C - Jack #31
F - Jesse #40
F - Matt #22
G - Rhys #14
G - Jarrad #11

Most likely - will depend how some players pull-up, but Shaun you haven't told us why its your last game.

Reply #50862 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

had enough. quiting basketball. got a taste for footy and going with that for a while, something fresh to do.

lost my passion for basketball. also if we win this grand final, we would have won all three for the year and that would make it a good tiem to go out.

Reply #50869 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

If your looking for a challenge you could always play Div 1 for South LOL.

Reply #50871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he wants to play for a rasonable club, not a door mat to most other clus...most of the div 1's this year for south would be lucky to make f'ville's good div 2 side...apart from harding - he's good

Reply #50881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F1 had some close games in Melbourne which was good for them. Don't forget F1 beat South Div 1 in Melbourne. I can't see their Div 2 side getting close.

Reply #50883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think he would want a challenge that could actually be possible to do as well

Reply #50886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go F1

Reply #50909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how did north lose the game

Reply #50952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

played pretty bad the whole game, and jus lost composure in the last few minutes

Reply #50962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does it matter?? Forestville had this grade sown up the day teams were picked back in October last year. No one was ever going to get close to winning this title, most boring title race in the whole BASA Junior competition!

Reply #50964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South deserve to be in the finals. Iam not a South player but i think everyone needs to congratulate them for their big effort in making grandfinal. Yes they have got less skill, yes they have got no height and yes they are not they are not the best team in the comp. The thing with South i love the most is the passion they bring to the game. They have a lot of heart and determination. When they first see their opposition they do not think on how good the opposition are but they bring it to the opposition. They always fight to the very end and they do not care how good a team is. They have learned how to play as a team. They know they are not the tallest team and so they have good shooters. They play the way a team is supposed to as a unit. Everyone in the team is a valuable asset and together they are much stronger. Thats why i think they deserve the opportunity to play in the grand final. God blesses the hard work of people. So South play your hearts out in the grand final on Saturday and you might cause an upset.

Reply #50994 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

north was the only team to ever push fv1 as they drew with them halfway through the season and if they can draw with them y cant they beat them

Reply #51002 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

hold on anon while i get a violin, that jus touched my heart in a way iv neva felt before......not. you gota be kinding me yes they did very well in making the gf, but now they'll b lucky to get a crowd of 2 ppl watchin that game, its gonna b the bigest disapointment of a gf this year

Reply #51003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know ill be barracking for north

Reply #51026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you're barracking for a team that's been knocked out!?!

wannabe mikele. were F1 at full strength that game? previous posts indicate they were missing a few when they drew with north.

i think i remember looking on sportingpulse when they last played and F1 won by 20 or something?

Reply #51032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when north drew with foresstvile, shaun didnt play, selfe didnt play and nathan didnt play. they were also missing playeres that game.

when fville beat them by 20, north only had 6.

Reply #51044 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

plz get ur facts straight wen north drew with fv1 the only player from fv1 that wasnt play was shaun, both times this season that north have played fv1 north have only had 6 players, with a full strength team i belive they could really take it to fv1

Reply #51045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

incorrect - selfe was at his formal. nathan got injured early. effectively both teams had 6 when they drew.

from what ive seen of south and north i think that north probably have more weapons to tough it out with F1, but south are pesky, and never give up!

Reply #51048 | Report this post

wannabe mikele  
Years ago

look mate i played that game there whole team was there every 1 including shaun who was on the bench in casual they had 8 players to our 5 n 1/2 as one of our players was playing with an injury

Reply #51084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you all shut up

Reply #51088 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

selfe wasnt even there... natahn injured himself in first quarter and i was sitting on the bench.

im not to bad at maths and since we have 9 players on our team,

9 -1(myself) - 1(selfe) -1(Nathan)

9 - 3 = 6

makes sense to me...

Reply #51117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its ok shaun. guess perople from north cant count and cant be south :S

Reply #51120 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Did you know that as of this reply there has been 639 replys to this topic. Over 500 more than the nearest topic

Reply #51124 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not true -- there are three other topics with 200+ replies, and a fourth getting close.

Reply #51132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey shaun i remember seeing 8 players in uniform. an anon at least we can make it to 1 game b4 the gf

Reply #51207 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Pick the headline from Boti's article on Monday.

1) Red-Hot Eagles Cruise to Easy Victory or

2) Eagles Get Home in a Thriller or

3) Panthers Cause Biggest Upset Ever

We're obviously going for 3.

Reply #51215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1) = Truth

Reply #51217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4) None of the above!

Reply #51224 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

wannabe mikelle just relax man your one of those ppl that wont stop arguing jesus

Reply #51225 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I know you leave youself open to cheap shots, but feel free to add your own. (Its meant to be funny).

Reply #51226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magnificent Marty & Charismatic Chaz lead Panthers to admirable 30 point loss!

Reply #51230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave - i would be astounded if the ABL got a decent write up, let alone the u18 div 2 boys comp.

At least your using your imagination!

Reply #51374 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

Magnificent Marty & Charismatic Chaz lead Panthers to admirable 30 point loss!

AHAHAHHAHHAHAH foookin hillarious

hey u gotta laugh at ur self somtimes

Reply #51503 | Report this post

Jennings  
Years ago

The seasons nearly over.. its been a fun one.. so who was decided as the MVP of the comp???

no 5 for Fville
and the blonde guard for north would have to be close

Reply #51510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shaun or #21 from north

Reply #51579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so tips for the game? would like opinions from the regulars of this thread.

M Dizzle, Dave, Jennings, Mikele, Wannabe Mikele, Shaun.... everyone who posted as anonymous!

my tip... F'Ville by 28.

Reply #51651 | Report this post

Shaun  
Years ago

fville to play 4 quarters and win by my beloved 64 points :P :D

Reply #51653 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

We're obviously not going to pick Forrestville and we realise everyone else will. So far this season from memory the results have been 25, 23 (State Champs), 17 and 36.

Apart from the last game where we struggled for fit players, the margin has been coming down. I don't see any reason for the margin not to come down further and to have a close game where anything could happen down the stretch.

South by 3.

Reply #51655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dave  how many fit players will you have? Is Luka playing?

Reply #51656 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

No Luka, 5 fit and 3 carrying varying degrees injuries. This will not be an excuse (in the off chance we happen to lose) LOL.

Reply #51657 | Report this post

52-cans  
Years ago

dave must u always make excuses? you wont win... simple

Reply #51662 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Can't you read?

Reply #51727 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

forestville by 32, south may get closer if they hit BS 3's but don't have a chance of beating f'ville at their best, just like every other team in the competition since day 1

Reply #51751 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Forestville 1 54 v South 36

Congratulations to a very good team. Good luck to TCP and Shaun.

Reply #51880 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Like that result was ever going to shock anyone

re: 18 div 2 winter 2005 (#29996)
forestville (1) is my bet for premiers... again

Anonymous, 15/04/05

Even back then people thought they were going to win. However South making the final, that was a shock. Well done though.

Reply #51884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

definate point shaving......sumone had alot of money on that game

Reply #51898 | Report this post

jumpman 23  
Years ago

this thread is officially closed

Reply #51929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

all that talk for the result everyone expected. anyway...who did u think played the best.

Reply #52065 | Report this post

TCP  
Years ago

Thank you Dave. Congratulations on making it all the way to the GF and giving us a very good run!

Good luck to you & the boys in your future aspirations.

Reply #52073 | Report this post

HaRdiNg #9  
Years ago

Awesome effort div 2's. Your a small team and ya did awesome...

Reply #52083 | Report this post

HaRdiNg #9  
Years ago

south div 2's that is

Reply #52084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah your div 1 team is small and did crap

Reply #52246 | Report this post

HaRdiNg #9  
Years ago

c'mon dont be a pussy say ya name

Reply #52364 | Report this post

jumpman 23  
Years ago

nah hes telling the truth they are crap

Reply #52538 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

yeh was a good game in the gf. south stuck it to us for most of the game. was a good end aswell :P

Reply #52541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

now that the season is over, which players did u think stepped up and played at their best in the finals?

Reply #52969 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Your right the season is over, as is this thread. Your obviously a player from a team in the finals and think you 'stepped it up' and want recognition. Give up

Reply #52975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than being a player not in the finals that didn't step up when needed.

Reply #52976 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

anonymous if u knew m dizzle u wouldnt say that, he is a way better player than you

give us ur name then huh, ill give u my feedback on ur game

Reply #52980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do know him which is why I said it.

Reply #52981 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

so... reveal urself

Reply #52984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who r u m dizzle and 52-cans and do u play in the same team? r u guys from 18 div 2?

Reply #52988 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

If u think u did then say my name is.....i think i stepped it up in the finals, or name other players who you think did, asking other people to say u did and not putting a name to ur post just shows uve got no balls what so ever. Im not claiming u didnt play well in the finals, or that i am a better player than you - something i cant do as you dont put a name to your posts, im saying this is the wrong way to go about things. Once again, give up.

You should just post

Now the season is over i want people to say im good to boost my ego

Reply #52989 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

im chris mockford number 10 from woodville under 18 div 2, and no i did not play in the same team as 52 cans and from what i kno he doesnt play for woodville either

Reply #52990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...but you didn't make finals.

Reply #52991 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

let me guess ur jarrad hirst? isacc caught u giving huge writeups about urself before.... pffft pathetic... see you in div 1 (if u make it)

Reply #52993 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

so the fact that my team didnt make finals should be blamed on myself? it has absolutely no bearing on the fact that u r trying to talk urself up, without the balls to post a name....ill tell u once more, GIVE UP

Reply #52996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes my name is jarrad hirst but no isaac hasn't caught me writing myself up, thats a load of shit!

(Mod: I beg to differ!)

Reply #52998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But im still 10 times the player you are m dizzle, you know i am and so does everyone else!

Reply #52999 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Setttle down everyone

Reply #53002 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Jesus this thing is still going?

Reply #53006 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

That's what I was thinking... lol

Reply #53022 | Report this post

i luv basketball  
Years ago

........the end

Reply #54055 | Report this post

what me?  
Years ago

never posted in this but i would like to say if u look up abit we were discussing the first and second years and sturt had 2 second years done well anyway i have just quit bball and am off to live in queensland enjoy boys..

Reply #54058 | Report this post

i luv basketball  
Years ago

who cares, cant u read IT SAYS THE END!!! geez ruin it why dont u

Reply #54059 | Report this post

i luv basketball  
Years ago

WOOP-DI-DOO ur goin 2 queensland and quittin basketball gd 4 u.

....The End

Reply #54060 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

SHUT UP TASH!!!

Reply #54062 | Report this post

i luv basketball  
Years ago

MIKELE! u gave away my identity lol ok

The End..

Reply #54063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

smelly breath

Reply #54088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahahahah smelly breath!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #54115 | Report this post

i luv basketball  
Years ago

the end...

Reply #54119 | Report this post

mikele  
Years ago

this forum never ends.....

Reply #54201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah we can't let this forum end keep it going!!

Reply #56625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting to look back at predictions at the beginning of the thread. Most said Forestville 1 (fairly obvious), one said Strut "are loaded", another thought North.

Reply #56725 | Report this post

fdhf  
Years ago

Where have all the players of this div 2 2005 season gone on to play for both first years and second years at the time?

Reply #61117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #187643 | Report this post

bron  
Years ago

wow

Reply #197131 | Report this post

damn straight  
Years ago

I know, who would of guessed.

Reply #197155 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Randomate

Reply #197171 | Report this post

Brock  
Years ago

This is insane

Reply #197181 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

where are they now ?

Reply #295625 | Report this post

+'s not -'s  
Years ago

benched

Reply #322109 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

at least two names that I know of ended up playing ABL

Reply #322133 | Report this post

Years ago

Sydney kings fan looking for u18 game

Reply #396884 | Report this post

Years ago

bout time we had a where are they now ? for this thread.....

Reply #429104 | Report this post

Years ago

yeah where are they now ? or even a 10 year anniversary dinner for this thread

Reply #458684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who ended up the best from this grade? Brad Haydon? Jack Jennings? Jarrod Hirst?

Reply #458696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do even find these old threads, no search bar that I can see

Reply #458702 | Report this post

Years ago

hoops sorcery

Reply #458704 | Report this post

Years ago

any other questions ?

Reply #458731 | Report this post

Years ago

or shall we talk about the famous "northern rattlers" walk out circa 2008 ?

Reply #458732 | Report this post

:  
Years ago

If they can contain transition a victory could be possible

Reply #507677 | Report this post

nagy  
Years ago

no season has matched the div2 winter season of 05!
south and sturt were strong those years
but joe! the eagles were stronger. guided on passion and determination the eagles trounced their way through the grade like the hell fire they were
South that year may have made the GF but they were merely spectators in a historical season with a historical ending
like the sands through time and the greats that have proceeded the game nothing matches the 05 div 2 forrestville eagles, fuelled by villis sponsorship and lead by the all mighty gods of basketball they navigated their way through the toughest and grittiest seasons in BASA history

Reply #526291 | Report this post

Years ago

u18 Div 2 still a hot topic in 2015 !

Reply #547342 | Report this post

+  
Last year

any early 2024 seedings ?

Reply #928432 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754