skull
Years ago

Another 36ers vs Kings thread

36ers just hit the front at the end of the third qtr......hello....is there anyone there??

Topic #26788 | Report this topic

Please please get weigh off the court, done nothing and still plays plenty.

Reply #338532 | Report this post

Ok that 3 to tie it was good,

Reply #338533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers again choke!!

Last 2 minutes of OT -

Warren
Weigh
Simpson
Crosswell

All have ball handling turnovers!

These guys are all new to the team, and still have that inability to win!!

Reply #338537 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Crosswell choked for Townsville last year in the play offs
so dont expect him to do it.
I cant believe this loss to them again at home
Shit!!!

Reply #338541 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Some errors from the boys but the game should NEVER have EVER gone into overtime.
The Ref's were HORRIBLE tonight. The two younger ones didnt call anything and the old bastard was calling anyone who looked at a Sydney player. Adelaide would have had this game won before overtime if we didnt constantly have to put up with this rubbish.

Some bad rotations by Clark but I wont blame this game on him nothing anyone in the team could have done to win what almost looked like a predetermined result.

Reply #338543 | Report this post

datb  
Years ago

When Kazzouh picked up his fourth foul with about 2 mins to go in the fourth why wasnt every play to get the ball in Johnsons hands and draw a foul. FFS It finally happened with 2 minutes left in OT, and kazzouh fouled him. Infuriating, in teh mean time Kazzouh had buried us.

Why was Simpson left on the bench for so long in the fourth and only came on when the games was done in overtime?? He watched while Kazzouh destroyed Ballinger for 10 mins

Reply #338551 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

The older ref was TERRIBLE! Really, the 36ers should have been warned that no one within 3 metres of Khazzouh would be tolerated, yet down the defensive end he could hack, push and do apparently whatever he felt like!
We were horrible in overtime though. No composure and no leader on court. We looked lost.

Reply #338552 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Totally agree datb - our group said exactly the same thing.
Just checked the box score and Khazzouh took 14 free throws that match.......... Incidentally the same number of extra free throws that Sydney had over Adelaide

Reply #338555 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

brilliant coaching clarke
muppet
leave the import on the pine in the last few
unreal
finally brings him on (too late) and the first two things that he does is gather an off rebound and a def rebound (that gets knocked out and its our ball)

and welly can be given the ass
joke
warren shoulve been bring the ball down in the last and ninja shouldve been on as a shooter
welly has no idea

120km round trip and thats it
i wont waste the hundred bucks for the night anymore

Reply #338559 | Report this post

36ers solja  
Years ago

Two things that killed us tonight was firstly the refs. Roger Shields and Benn McDonald have to be the worst refs in the league, followed closely by Phil Haines. Time and time again, it was very touchy fouls being called and then the decent ones,waived away.
Does Kazzouh have a free pass to stay in the key for more than 3 seconds? At one stage I counted out 6 seconds, then we copped a foul for holding. What a joke!

Next is turnovers. Crosswell is an experienced player and twice, threw away the ball. And again, this happened time and time again. Why?

Next game in against the Tigers and I am seriously contemplating bringing a good book to read just in case, its a cake walk by Melbourne and Patrick Mills.

Not happy!!!!

Reply #338561 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

and just adding that the red seas parted about 6 times tonight and they waltzed in to easy layups

pathetic defence

Reply #338563 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

I can only assume that Simpson was injured because I think he only played 4 mins in the second half when he was needed as a mainstay player.

Weigh is taking some flak but not his fault he was simply given weigh too many minutes.

Was Ballanger fully fit and if so why didnt he start in place of Weigh. He wound up playing like he hadnt warmed up for most of the game.

Terrible starting five combinations for 3rd and 4th quarters.

Reply #338566 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Shileds bet money on Sydney.

Farewell tour indeed.

Why sit Balls down with 2.40 to go in OT?

Why play Weigh for 35 mins?

Why not throw Helliwell at Special K?

Why no Simpson?

Why no Herbie / Ng when Crosswhite stagnated the offence so badly?

It was the exact game plan as last time.

Reply #338572 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

*Croswell.

(Super tired).

Reply #338573 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Loco:

We did throw Helliwell at Khazzouh and it was a disaster. Special K either scored or went to the line everytime Helliwell guarded him.

I think Simpson may have had stitches after he face- planted in the 3rd? Came back in the 4th with tape covering his chin. Also, with Sydney's quick lineup, it was hard for us to have both DJ or Balls AND Diamon on at the same time. But I admit I would have liked to see him play more mins too - probably instead of Balls, who struggled tonight.

Didn't think it was Nate stagnating the offence, just that noone could agree what play they were going to run. I watched Nate come down several times in the 4th. He was gesturing to team mates to tell them where he wanted them, but noone was listening. They were too busy throwing out their own suggestions. The result was Nate pounding the ball at the top of the key, waiting for some movement or a screen or SOMETHING that would help him to create. Coach needs to tell his players that when the PG calls for a play they damn well better run it and run it right!

Reply #338579 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Why suit Balls? Well maybe cos he has no defence whatsoever. Sadly the man has become a liability. We looked our best early when Simpson was on court, As soon as Ballinger was introduced, defensive rebounding stopped. And to leave Simpson off for so long was just ridiculous.
Coswell was not switched at all tonight, some stupid turnovers and held the ball far too long.
We are a very ordinary basketball side, simple as that.

Reply #338581 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Good points.

Very messy all around.

Disappointing.

Reply #338582 | Report this post

Yeah thats right, why don't we blame the referees again.to put it simply, we sucked.too many turnovers, poor forced shots & how many offensive rebounds did we gift them, absolutely uncontested that gave them an easy put back. Thats what hurt us, giving up free points. Johnson top scoring then not having an offence run for him in the last four mins of regulation.
We had warren lighting it up yet no one setting a pick for him to get open. We then had five, yes five guys standing around in offence during ot. Someone mentioned why didn't we go after kazzouh when he picked up his fourth!?
The reason kazzouh had so many free throws is because no one could contain him.
But yes, we have a 1-5 record so it must be the refs.every team cops shitty calls but the buck stops with the team & the coaches for their inability to get it done, time & time again.

Reply #338585 | Report this post

chicken parmy  
Years ago

well,

for the first time i went to the lightning, apollo restaurant and 36ers - had a really good night - bar the result.

atmosphere was good and friends had a good time - we'll be back.

when warren has the ball - we look good - he is so quick with his assists - 2 or 3 times our bigs in the paint weren't ready for the dish - but they should be. simpson matched up well on kazzouh and i like his work attitude. Couple of costly turn overs, missed field goals and unfortunate calls in the latter part of the game.

Reply #338588 | Report this post

chicken parmy  
Years ago

'Couple of costly turn overs, missed field goals and unfortunate calls in the latter part of the game."

that was in reference to the game in general - no particular player or play / call.

Reply #338589 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Khazzouh was all class.

Roger Shields and McDonald were disgraceful.

Madgen's flopping was pathetic but he still got it done.

Moose Robilliard is a massive prick for that timeout with 20secs left.

And too many guys who only play at one end makes me a saaad panda.

But as disappointing as that OT performance was, our 'supporters' always seem to top it.

Reply #338590 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The game was semi OK in regulation time. It was expected that the 36ers would win but very disappointing that they couldn't make it a more convincing game. The OT was appalling and most of the comments above about how bad this team is has come from the last 5 minutes of play. The last 5 minutes made the whole game look bad. This was a game that should never have gone to overtime if the refs had called it fairly and the calls were consistent at both ends. This is definitely a Sydney win that was handed to them on a silver platter regardless of the poor display put on in the end by the 36ers. The stupid old fart who has already called 1 game too many should have retired long before now. The other 2 were piss weak in allowing it to happen. They did overule on 2 occassions but needed to take it further.

Reply #338591 | Report this post

Import fan  
Years ago

Please fire Clarke. that is all.

Reply #338593 | Report this post

Bah  
Years ago

I reckon the old fart with 32 years experience in the league probably has more knowledge than most on here.

This just typifies SA's attitude on losing, blame anyone but ourselves. Champion teams win with or without getting calls. Stop expecting favourtism from referees whose Job it is to be impartial.

I am more sick of reading the bullshit that some people produce from their keyboard than watching the 6ers capitulate.

It all contributes to a 'losing culture'. Port have it, now the 6ers have it. Start placing responsibility on the team, not on the fact that the referees must be screwing Adelaide, or the air pressure isnt right, the sun wasn't out for long enough etc etc 'insert some pathetic bullshit excuse as to why it couldn't possibly be the teams fault for losing'.

6ers lost to the second worst team in the league, twice. If they need the help of some calls to go their way to beat this team, wtf is the point for the rest of the season, because they will not be competitive!

This self-handicapping talk is teaching - we played well enough to win, we should have won, but the refs cost us the game...... Good f***ing luck winning a pile of steaming crap with that attitude.

Reply #338594 | Report this post

Rog  
Years ago

I wasnt at the game. Please tell me we didn't boo our boys after the game?

Reply #338595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crowd: 5,049

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/kings-too-strong-for-sixers-in-overtime/story-e6frecj3-1226193598259

Reply #338597 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Wish I could Rog.

Reply #338600 | Report this post

typical  
Years ago

the best bit of the game was when the crowd boo'd because adelaide got the ball from an alternating possession. umm which team are you going for? or are you just there to boo at whoever you like?

Reply #338602 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

xztatik, the crowd shouldn't have boo'ed as the Sixers actually put in effort and heart this game. However, I can understand them booing also because they are frustrated that we can't beat the team that finished last, last year (and can be argued aren't much better then last season especially with Bose out) at home.

typical, the crowd boo'ed at the point as the ball wasn't touched by a Sixers player yet the refs didn't work this out.

Anyone know why Radford had a go at Moose after the game? Was it for that late time out?

Reply #338608 | Report this post

';'  
Years ago

And Gold Coast thumped Perth

Reply #338609 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Frustrating result. We should've had that wrapped up before OT. Critical turnovers from two otherwise useful players really hurt. That non-call where Simpson was flung out of court was horrific and broke their back. Too many times we let Cooper take it inside uncovered or just didn't box out Ratszgfhdh - that was the game right there. That was simple stuff too.

Thought Warren was decent before Cooper started denying him the ball. DJ showed he is the new stud of this team. First time watching Simpson and I liked his game (probably because I didn't see him shoot FTs!). When Balls' shots weren't dropping (and many looked uncharacteristically off line) he wasn't giving much else - might as well have Simpson out there.

Reply #338611 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Very disappointing.

The stats say rebounding was pretty even, but each team must of had runs because there were times when Sydney got everything.

Did anyone see that tall, dark handsome ex-Sixer-Breaker in the crowd?

Reply #338612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glad i put $100 on Sydney to win by more then 5.5............ easy $600

Reply #338620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why was oscar forman there?

Reply #338625 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Come on folks stop picking on the coach ...... Only year 2 of the 3 year plan!!

It will all come together next year. We just have to be patient and endure another year of missed opportunities and dissappointments!

Reply #338630 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Come on folks stop picking on the coach ...... Only year 2 of the 3 year plan!!

It will all come together next year. We just have to be patient and endure another year of missed opportunities and dissappointments!

Reply #338631 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Is it possible to be completely disgusted and astonished that we have again turned in this kind of performance, yet at the same time not be in the slightest bit surprised?

I'm on the record with my views on Clarke, but I can't say I blame him more than a few of the players for last night. He didn't miss half a dozen free throws in the first quarter, meaning we went in up 31-27, when we had been easily 10 points better than the Kings for the quarter. Some of Crosswell's turnovers was just plain awful, and they ruined what was an otherwise solid game from him. Warren shoots beautifully and defends well full court, but in the half court he gets back-doored more often than Bob Brown! That said, he's the best import we've had in ages, and Simpson seems to be a very solid ball player. Nothing flashy, but plenty of substance, and we were hurt by his needing to come out of the game for stitches last night. DJ's offensive game has grown in leaps and bounds.

Right, Ballinger. The guy is finished. He single-handedly let the Kings back in the game by his complete lack of effort on the defensive boards. He couldn't box out Graeme Dann, and JK just destroyed him. He can't rebound and he can't defend anyone so if he isn't scoring prolifically then what value does he offer? I think it speaks volumes that he has been our "best" and most expensive player during the worst 5 year period of our club's existence. I believe that the end of one streak will coincide in the end of another.

Stephen Weigh should be embarrassed that Kevin Ratzsch exploded the way he did. I am also unsure what Helliwell's role is supposed to be, as I don't see a matchup for him in any game other than v Perth and Nevill.

Just another loss that would be so much more disappointing if I hadn't gotten so damned used to it by now.

Reply #338651 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bah, they also beat one of the best teams in the league.

Reply #338652 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I think that makes the two losses to Sydney at home even worse EC.

Reply #338654 | Report this post

Bah  
Years ago

That is exactly the attitude EC.

'But they beat one of the best teams in the league'

But they have also lost to the worst twice! Sure they may win a game here or there because their opponents take the game too lightly, but at the end of the season it's no good saying, "we beat Perth twice, and new Zealand twice" to still find themselves on the bottom of the ladder.

Reply #338656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We do alright against Perth because Radford was their assistant coach in their championship season.

You can't bang on about beating the Wildcats in one game when the 36ers have just lost consecutive games at home to the Kings. I think the Kings have now won their last four straight against us too.

Reply #338663 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I hate to bring the conversation back to the umpiring and im not by any means blaming them for our loss but after watching 2 melbourne home games on one HD this week (sunday and friday)and seeing the home court advantage calls they get i feel a bit ripped off. All im asking for is consistant and fair umpiring for every team in the league

Reply #338665 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bah, my comment was directed at your argument of the losing culture and hence blaming everyone else but themselves. You look at the 36ers and see a losing team, I see a team who has made a lot of headway since game one. The win in Perth and the non shameful minor loss to New Zealand in New Zealand are positives for the team. Last night's loss to Sydney was not the same as the previous loss. The 36ers were right in the game all the way through regulation time, hence overtime. You forget we started the season without our top player and without a 2nd import who was trained up in the pre season. Ballinger has only just come back to play and not at his full ability, after all he has had no pre season whatsoever. I see improvements happening with more to come. Ballinger will come good with a few more games under his belt. Williams is just starting to find his rhythm and that can only improve unless injury gets in the way. I am assuming you were at the game and saw the quality of the officiating because you really can't be serious about your comments if you weren't. Just one of the incorrect calls made against them could have seen a different result. If you think the refs are so perfect, well it happened twice last night when a call was overuled by another ref. Yes, different refs see things through different eyes.

Reply #338690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754