Skud
Years ago

Melb vs Perth

I'm sitting here watching this game wondering what the heck Perth are doing. Brad Robbins is shocking, seriously how many turn overs can the guy have!!

Tigers are getting alot of 50/50 calls from the umpires..pretty much all of them which is killing Perth, if we had refs advantage like this at home we would be 3 from 3 for home games. You know its bad when Gaze is even calling them wrong. Redhage even got fouled off early and that never happens!

Mills has been non-existant tonight, he really needs to learn that shooting shouldnt be his only option and to drive to the basket sometimes.

I have to say it really looks like the old Tigers went into the change rooms and screamed at the team at half time cause this games just completely changed after half time.

Topic #26850 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

:o(

Reply #339324 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Robbins had a couple of bad turnovers yes, but he was also the guy who made Mills completely irrelevant. So it wouldn't hurt to give him some kudos for that.

A pretty impressive second half comeback from the Tigers, even with the assistance they received.

Reply #339327 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

Loving the Perth and Tigers Heritage round uniforms. They actually look better than their originals

Reply #339330 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Robbins was terrible? Which game were you watching champ? Half his turnovers were fumbled catches by the bigs (I remember one to knight and one to Nevill)

Reply #339335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Robbins has been awesome with Martin out.

Reply #339338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that he could make robbins look like half a player is a prettry massive indictment on patty - with each passing game it becomes more clear taht we need to start looking for a new starting point guard for the boomers..

Reply #339340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To Average OKKA, I was at the game and the majority of turnovers Robbins made were his own fault. Don't try and blame them on the bigs. He just had a poor offensive night. He made up for it on D though.

Reply #339343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth can finish fouth this yr and they still will win there 6th title, basicly no martin, redhage n kev gave them nuthing an they just loss away at the cage!!!! Reffs hate perth!!!! Like back in 93, tigers were gifted the tittle!!! Recall the fouls that every 1 had and no 1 got fouled out!!!! To this day they, the nbl stole that tittle from perth!!! Reffs dnt like perth!!! Simple as that!! Thats in any code!! Back to back road trips??? Bring back the perth/adelaid doomsday double!!!! Love the old school jersyz!!

Reply #339351 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I noticed Mills seemed upset or other wise emotional during the presentation of the singlet to the indigenous lady before the game. I didn't catch what that ceremony was about but he appeared to be wiping tears from his eyes when he was returnign to teh line-up. Anyone know what that was about, or was I imagining it?

It may explain his uncharacteristically subdued game, if he was distracted by something external.

Reply #339380 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Melbourne

• Daniel Dillon (9)
  • Tom Greer (7)
  • Patrick Mills (5)
  • Lucas Walker (3)
  • Ron Dorsey (3)
  • Liam Rush (2)
  • Matthew Burston (0)
  • Ayinde Ubaka (0)
  • Cameron Tragardh (-4)

Perth
  • Cameron Tovey (7)
  • Jesse Wagstaff (5)
  • Greg Hire (5)
  • Luke Nevill (-1)
  • Brad Robbins (-3)
  • Matthew Knight (-4)
  • Drew Williamson (-6)
  • Everard Bartlett (-8)
  • Kevin Lisch (-10)
  • Shawn Redhage (-10)

Reply #339437 | Report this post

Alex  
Years ago

"I noticed Mills seemed upset or other wise emotional during the presentation of the singlet to the indigenous lady before the game. I didn't catch what that ceremony was about but he appeared to be wiping tears from his eyes when he was returnign to teh line-up. Anyone know what that was about, or was I imagining it?

It may explain his uncharacteristically subdued game, if he was distracted by something external."

Astute observation mate.

Reply #339491 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:43 pm, Sun 28 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754