Nbaballer
Years ago

Nba lockout to be lifted

Looks like nba lockout to end games start Christmas!!!
Should patty of waited???

Topic #26921 | Report this topic

t32j80t32j80  
Years ago

Yea, now he's going to have to play out the rest of his contract unless they cut him :/

Reply #340223 | Report this post

lol  
Years ago

incorrect

Reply #340224 | Report this post

Anon Patty Hater  
Years ago

Suck shit to Patty Mills. Over-rated money hungry individual. Can't stand the flopping selfish bloke. Stay in China, never play in Australia again!!!!!!

Reply #340227 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Anon Patty Hater your a moron. Like to see your actions if you were in his shoes. Got nothing good to say, shut up. Just be happy the NBA is starting.

Reply #340228 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

He's going to get more court time in any other league and this will only benefit him. His improvement while here shows that constant court time is whats mostly needed.

Reply #340248 | Report this post

illicit  
Years ago

anon patty hater yeah im sure Mills is really angry at gettion paid 1mil, what a idiot ay

Reply #340259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon your a fool. maybe you'll realise how the world really works and and thank patty for the work he put in to come back to the nbl. Bloody troll. Anyway its rad the NBA's back. who's got a championship tip? or does anyone know the details of the agreement?

Reply #340276 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I don't know the specifics of Mills Chinese contract but whether or not there is an out clause, there isnt anything really stopping him from bailing and going to back to the NBA.

If you were contracted at your job for 12 months but your dream job comes available are you going to stick it out or just tell the place you are at cya later?

Yeah he might burn a few bridges but it would be worth it.

I think the outcome will show whether or not he is in it for the money and whether or not he can actually cut it in the NBA.

Reply #340285 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

no out clauses for any NBA player signed to play in Chinese League, a lot of the guys who went to Europe do but not all of them. The Chinese teams forked out big dollars for players and every deal I have heard of is for at least 1 season with not out clause if the NBA lockout finishes. Denver will be one of the worst hit by defections I imagine.

Reply #340291 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

alexkrad - I'm not 100% on the ins and outs of any out clauses in Chinese contracts, but I suspect transferring from one international club to another would need to be ratified by FIBA so it's probably not as simple as you or I quitting our job to work for the guy down the street.

Reply #340298 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It would require clearance from the CBA, and it doesnt sound like they are going to give them.

With Patty not in Australia anymore I am happy the lockout is over. And I dont mind a shortened regular season, it is way too long over there anyway.

Reply #340301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty probably thought he was gonna be televised b4 1 in the morning.....

Reply #340311 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I must say I don't understand the Mills hate. Aside from that flop, which was a disgrace and he should be ashamed of himself for it, he conducted himself very well whilst playing with the Tigers, and always seemed eager to spend time after games with the fans. Good luck to him, and glad that I got to see him play last week.

Reply #340334 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I thought the Denver guys had NBA outs?

Reply #340426 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think only Yi has an out from China. We will find out shortly though.

Reply #340436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As I understand the NBA guys playing in China all knew they had to stay there until March when the CBA finishes regardless if whether the lockout was resolved.

Only way they can get out of that is if their team decided to release them.

Reply #340449 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:57 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754