pwned
Years ago

Khazzouh signs with Golden State

The Golden State Warriors have signed first round draft pick Klay Thompson and draft-night acquisition Jeremy Tyler to contracts, the team announced today. Per team policy, terms were not announced. Additionally, the Warriors have signed free agent forward/center Julian Khazzouh, free agent guards Tommy Mitchell and Tim Pickett, as well as free agent forward Tommy Smith to contracts. All six players will participate in Warriors practice today.

http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/warriors_sign_thompson_tyler_121311.html

Topic #27069 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done to the big homous

Reply #342819 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Coached by former Knicks & Pacer Mark Jackson in his debut season in the NBA and Warriors.

Reply #342823 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

yeah good for him, pity he didnt leave earlier as the 36ers may have a few extra wins this year!

Reply #342831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are those people who said this guy didn't have a chance in hell at making it?

Reply #342832 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They've also picked up Kwame Brown. Centres at this point appear to be him, Biedrins, Lee (F/C) - anyone else?

You can see Khazzouh at the training camp at a few points in this video.

Reply #342833 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Good on him. With golden states terrible front line he might manage a few minutes. Hope he works hard and gets stronger.

Reply #342835 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Man if they rate Kwame Brown to the tune of $7m then Kazz is half a chance, will definitely help his cause that he is already in game conditioning!

Reply #342837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they also have lou amundson as well at the centre/power forward spot.

Reply #342838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think he's quite there yet
they have 17 players in training camp that will no doubt be cut to 13 for the playing roster

Reply #342841 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

There was talk that Biedrins would be released under the amnesty at some stage.

Does anyone know if Khazzouh has been signed for the season or for a short term contract?

Reply #342843 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

No idea...and yes, talk is that Biedrins is likely to be released under the amnesty

Reply #342844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's interesting watching that video. The Warriors arent the biggest team going around, but Khazzouh is close to the biggest guy there. Given he is really only average height for an NBL centre, that surprises me a little. He needs to bulk up too, but he is very skinny for an NBL centre anyway. Was certainly right up there in the running, yet he gets outrun a lot by other NBL centres. Not that it means a lot, I am just surprised by all that.

Reply #342853 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Isn't a full team roster 15? That means two players are to be cut.

Best of luck to the Big Sneeze. I think he deserves to have his shot at the big time, and think he might be able to make it stick.

Reply #342854 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

So Tommy, Tommy and Timmy join the Warriors as does Thommo, Tyler and Khazzouh.

Who's the odd one out

You guessed, Tyler as he's the only one with two 'r's' in his name.

Reply #342857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With a full roster at 15, Biedrins apparently going to be amnestied, Khazzouh is almost certainly going to be sticking around for the long run, looks to be the 3rd big behind Brown (who did play very well at the end of last season for Charlotte) and Udoh.

Reply #342859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good luck khazzouh! hope he brings it all in training camp to guarantee himself a contract. he's definitely got the skill set to compete but the competition over in the nba compared to the nbl is miles apart even amongst his own team mates. mind you having said that, if bloody amundson or kwame brown can still get an nba contract so should that iti guy from sydney

Reply #342864 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I thought I read somewhere that under the new CBA a roster can be a minimum of 12 or 13? Anyone come across the correct rules?

Reply #342874 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

GWS already amnestied Charlie Bell!!!!

So Beins is staying put.

Reply #342875 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I was one who didn't think he had a shot, can you honestly imagine JK guarding Bogut, Howard, Nene etc. NBA PF's could push him out of the paint without realizing they have lol. Good on him tho, I'd love to see more guys from this end of the world playing NBA and offensively I think he'll be ok just not defensively.

Reply #342883 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Good news for Khazzouh bad news for the NBL I think..another good player to watch gone to another league.

Will be interesting to see what being in the NBA does to his game, he will have to improve quickly and build up enough bulk to handle ALOT bigger guys.

Reply #342887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys every player that trials with an NBA team is 'signed'. He's just a warm body for training camp like Ron Howard is with the Bucks, Trey Gilder with the Jazz and Will Blalock with the Bobcats.

It will be highly unlikely any of those four make their teams.

Reply #342889 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Why are they not called the San Francisco Warriors? And what is a Khazzouh?

Reply #342896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Uhh, maybe because they're not in San Francisco, they're in Oakland.

Reply #342898 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Reply #342900 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Errr, maybe because they're based in Oakland, not in San Francisco...?

Still they should just be called the Oakland Warriors...

Reply #342901 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Agree with the previous comments.Signing a contract retains there rights to him and now he'll be training meat till the season starts.He'll be back. problem is what do you do now with Kevin????

Reply #342902 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

GSW don't play much defence, im sure he will slot straight in! Good luck.

Reply #342908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done to the big boy, wooden spoon for Sydney!!!

Reply #342915 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Oakland is where that baseball movie is set which Brad Pitt made with that fat guy.

Reply #342920 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

As much as Khazzouh has killed us in the 3 games we'velost to the Kings this year and I'd like to say "see ya" but I can't. I just hope he does well, even if he's primarily a backup C and sometime PF.

Its not every basketball player who'll pick up an NBA contract.

Reply #342924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

did u say Will Blalock signed in Charlotte?

Reply #342929 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Thank you for your informative and educational comment, tweet tweet.

Golden State will love him. They loved David Lee.

Similar player, in that his stats look great but for some reason his teams will never win.

Seriously though if he can get a tonne stronger and really work on his D, Australia will have a decent frontline at the next olympics...

Reply #342930 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Trey Gilder played for Sydney Kings , last season and added to Utah roster , today = 16 there.

Reply #342949 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

So proud of the guy. Top player, top bloke. Have to get a new favourite NBL player though ..... and it messes with nearly every NBL Fantasy team going around. Then again, as said above, will he stick with the team or be released once the actual season comes around? Oh, the mental anguish .....

Reply #342952 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

PS. Heaven help us if he goes there for a year or two and then comes back here. Cat is almost unguardable now. I remember when Bradtke came back from his first long trip to the NBA/US. His footwork improved out of sight.

Reply #342953 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Camel31, I read 19 players on the Jazz roster as of 8.42pm tonight. There'll be plenty of players cut yet.

Reply #342956 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

If you want to watch training camp live switch over to

Warriors Training Camp Live"

Reply #342978 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

not live and isaac already mentions. I'm so slow

Reply #342980 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

You guys do realize any player participating in ANY training camp in the NBA must be signed to participate. Wait for the exhibition season/training camp to be over first.....

Reply #342997 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Oakland is only one bridge away from San Francisco. The name San Francisco is quite appropriate and more impressive being a major city.

Reply #343142 | Report this post

Jeff  
Years ago

Played 1 minute in the opening game of the season and scored 2 points

Reply #343559 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754