forcey
Years ago

Kobe Bryant this season

40 today. Who could have picked he'd go into this mode as soon as Phil had left. He knows there'll be no more titles, now just going for the records

Topic #27287 | Report this topic

Avv  
Years ago

They've won their last 2 games so until they lose these ones I figure let him do what he's doing... problem could become fatigue though after a while

Reply #346099 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

HES SHOOTING >45% - Enough said. You cannot complain that a guy takes too many shots if he hits a better percentage than the rest of the team!

I dno what u guys want. He shoots 50%, 40 points and wins the game for his team but somehow hes "chasing records". Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, he wants to win and the best way for the Lakers to do that is to have the ball in his hands!

Reply #346103 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I am always amazed at the hate for Kobe. The last few seasons people have put threads on here saying he is losing it and its time to step down. Yet he continues to prevail.

He is averaging 30 ppg, 6 RPG, 6 APG (also 4 TPG but you have to expect some bad with the ball in his hands so much) I don't think you can ask for anything more then that!

Last season they didn't do very good in the playoffs against Dallas but Dallas ended up winning the whole thing!

Lakers are still a legitimate team to win the finals (as long as there is no injuries), I am sorry to the Kobe haters

Reply #346106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr. Bullshit,

That makes too much sense. GTFO.

Sincerley
The Haters.

Reply #346107 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Josh McRoberts has also been underrated off the bench for them, bringing energy and young legs.

The real test will be whether Mike Brown can indeed instill the tight-fisted defense that he has plied elsewhere. Also whether his offensive schemes can survive a 7 game chess match in the post season.

If he keeps this up, at that age, those numbers are *GASP* Jordanesque.

Reply #346108 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And Forcey, in this short season with no training camp, all the back-to-backs and back-to-back-to-backs, and lots of guys out of shape in the first place, anything could happen.

Philadelphia is the goddman no.3 seed in the East right now fer christs sake, while Memphis and Dallas both look terrible after last year's deep run.

(Albeit Dallas had a significant roster overhaul because for some reason they think they're in the running for Dwight Howard haha. Sorry Cubes, no 25 year old superstar wants to live in Dallas. You just lost the chance at a repeat for nothing).

Reply #346110 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Lakers will still be there in the playoffs, look for Gasol to be moved before the break.
Correct me if I'm wrong this is off the top of my head but since 2000 the Lakers have won 5 titles and every team that has won except 2006 heat has beaten the Lakers on the way to a ring. So while the Mumba is around, the champion still has to go through LA. In his 16th year and still dominating. I've got 4 close mates who follow the NBA, one going for the Bulls, one for Oklahoma, one for The Knicks, one for Portland while I'm a massive Kobe/Laker fan. While my mates respect Kobes game, and admit hes the 2nd best player ever- 3 outta 4 hate him. Haters gonna hate it's the Australian way hating the tall poppy.
I love it that they hate him cause when Kobe dominates they're the first to hear about it. We all grew up on Michael Jordan, Kobe is the closest thing in this generation.

Reply #346134 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

2005 spurs *

Reply #346136 | Report this post

themvpiskb24  
Years ago

Without the triangle offense, most of the lakers seem lost and kobe is set to dominate. While the short term results are good, the long term is going to be disastrous, but as a Lakers fan, I still hope they do well, and only let the Clippers beat them in the Western Conference finals

Reply #346137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should be scoring this much with the Lakers offensive sets, which are nearly always Iso's for him to score, which work fine against the Jazz, Suns or other weaker teams, where he should drop 40. But it's against the strong defensive teams where this system may struggle, like Chicago or Portland and Denver are underrated defensively, all of whom they've lost to, other then that, they've played relatively weak defensive teams. So the playoffs may see a visit to struggle street unless their offense sees a drastic change.

Reply #346139 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Youre also leaving the Pistons of last decade's championship list...

Reply #346189 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

04 pistons beat....... The Lakers in the finals

Reply #346210 | Report this post

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Havnt posted in ages but i love how people are writing off the lakers way too easy, just watch out is all i have to say.. Kobe is hungry and playing unbelievable with his injured wrist, just doing what he has to do right now.

Reply #346252 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Raja Bell said it best,

'man took 31 shots tonight. player takes 31 shots, he should score 40."

Kobe drops high point totals on the suns and jazz who have 53 yr old Raja and CJ trying to guard him.

So many hoops fans dislike him coz of the arrogance.

Anyone who loves hoops and saw Kobe at the end of that Bulls game must see why people dislike the guy.

Reply #346376 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Quagmire- every NBA baller is arrogant. What did Kobe do after the Bulls loss? I watched the game but didn't see his reaction to the loss.

Reply #346380 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Reply #346445 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

I was talking about the final play when Kobe took on 3 bull players and didn't cough it up. Got himself rejected. Just so selfish.

Reply #346446 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Your just a hater quagmire plain and simple. Your the type of guy who always goes for the team everyone no one goes for. Let me guess, you go for the Spurs or Jazz?
Maybe a power fan? Franchise players take the last shot. Kobe Shouldve kicked it to Fisher in the corner but highnsights a bitch mate. Jordan missed over 100 game winners. Go put on your Malone jersey

Reply #346884 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

Here is the problem, and i don'y blame Kobe too much for this, but the Lakers win or lose on Kobe getting his, he is their offence, not Bynum, not Gasol.

So when a game is close, it is just too easy for other teams to throw numbers at Kobe and their offence structure fails to get high percentage shots.

Kobe is not Jordan, he cant be expected to hit at such a high clip in the clutch. But the lakers don't get their win totals if he isn't the focus of the offence so what do you do?

The lakers need big leads in the 4th or home court refs otherwise Kobe is not getting the win often enough.

He had two great assists lately, to Paul and Fish for 3pt shots, but had they missed, people would be dumping on Kobe again. Lakers offence is just too one dimensional and it is born from Kobe's arrogance.

Reply #346961 | Report this post

Quagmire  
Years ago

And Karl Malone was a great player and remains a beautiful person :-(

Reply #346962 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754