Bizzy
Years ago

Metta World Peace goes Ron Artest

In todays LAL v OKC game Ron Artest was ejected after throwing what he claims was an "accidental" elbow.

See for yourself and decide:

Topic #28149 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"what a disgrace"

Reply #359422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not a smart man.

Reply #359423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give him a life ban, he shows no remorse, he trys to justify it to the refereee, his teammates & himself...get rid of him. its not the first time hes done it, but it should be the last!

Reply #359424 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

If this is accidental I'd hate to see intentional...oh wait I have

Reply #359425 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Here's an little bit from the ESPN article showing Ron Ron's comments:

World Peace issued a statement to reporters in the locker room after the game, but did not entertain any questions.

"During that play I just dunked on (Kevin) Durant and (Serge) Ibaka and I got really emotional and excited and it was unfortunate that James had to get hit with an unintentional elbow," World Peace said. "I hope he's OK. The Thunder, they're playing for a championship this year, so I hope that he's OK and I apologize to the Thunder and to James Harden.

"You know, it was such a great game and it was unfortunate so much emotion was going on at that time. ... That's it for today."

World Peace appeared to plead to an official that his elbow was inadvertent and only a result of his chest-thumping celebration motion.

"I saw it happened and it was a very hard hit," Ibaka said. " ... That's the first I've seen anything like that happen live. I was surprised. I went up to him to ask him why he did that and he wanted to fight me too. I don't know what he was thinking. I have no idea."

World Peace later addressed the foul on Twitter.

"Hope James Hardin (sic) is ok...," World Peace wrote. "I remember when I hit by Marc Gasol the same way.. I was spitting up blood and a headache during the game..."

"I just watched the replay again..... Oooo.. My celebration of the dunk really was too much... Didn't even see James ..... Omg... Looks bad," he tweeted.

Reply #359426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

man so obvious, no way he could say that he didn't know the player was there, the guys a douche!!

Reply #359427 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

I might suggest as a sign of remorse he legally changes his name to "Mega Dumb Fuck", as it would be considerably more appropriate.

Reply #359431 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Must admit when i first saw it it looked like a bit of an accident but in slo mo it doesnt look like an accident at all!

What's he change his name to now - Pleasa Stopworldhunger ?

Reply #359432 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Yeah, first replay I saw I was of the same opinion - he was celebrating. But looking at it again, that elbow wasn't a 'celebration' - that was a push out of the way of Harden.

That is just nasty.

Reply #359436 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Saw a good tweet somewhere (probably Twitter) which said that if it was inadvertent contact as MWP claims, wouldn't you look back to see who/what you'd hit?

Reply #359440 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I can't see it as accidental because he is celebrating - makes body contact with Harden, then winds up his elbow and nails him.

Reply #359441 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

What a wanker.

Reply #359443 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The guy is an idiot that has no place playing professional sport

Reply #359447 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Disgraceful move from MWP.

I'm pleased the Thunder held there discipline given the playoffs are so close. They can't afford the suspensions given the potential they have.

Reply #359453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not pretty, but you'd be lying if you didnt find it amazing footage in some ways! Love the drama this guys brings, just belongs more so in the UFC!

Reply #359462 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

surely his bad (and i mean worst ever) record, needs to be takn into consideration when deciding his fate...this should and has to be a long, long suspension!!

Reply #359463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be surprised if it's more than 5 games. most elbows have been a 1 or 2 game suspension max. is this worse than bringing guns into a locker room? throwing punches at a guy? of course not.

the only reason that this is being hyped up is because it's artest.

Reply #359465 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

If it was an accident then why didn't he go straight up to Harden as soon as he realised he hit him? And then why did he size up Ibaka afterwards?

He's full of shit.

Reply #359468 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

'Mega Idiot Man'
'O.X.I. Moron'
'Richard Cranium'
'P.R. ICK'
'W.A. NCAR'

Call Artest what you want, he is a jerk off and should take up Ice Hocky with that kind of reaction!!

If that was in the AFL or the NRL it would be an all in brawl with several suspensions and maybe a few tens of thousands of dollars in fines, if it was the NBL it would be the season, if not more and probably an all in brawl, in the Euro League the crowd would have taken him out!

Thunder team mates were amazing, maybe in shock at what just happened, no way it was accidental in my opinion!

Reply #359469 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should things be any different? Past behaviour is taken into account by most sporting tribunals.

Reply #359472 | Report this post

Tweet Tweet  
Years ago

Bear, are you saying if that incident happened in the NBL that the player would be suspended for the season? If so, I think that's going a bit far. Clearly it was a dirty play and deserves a suspension. But a whole season?

Reply #359475 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

He wound up his arm big time, I hope he is out on the playoffs,

Reply #359476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

throwing an elbow to the back out someones head like he did is an bad as a king hit from behind, which can kill people. seriously the NBA needs to make a stand.

he is a shit person, who makes excuses and apologies to cover his ass. get rid of him its not worth it. anyone who thinks this is good for the game or entertainment should consider what kind of person they are....

Reply #359484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Soft!!!!

Reply #359495 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Artest just confirmed what we alreayd all knew...

Reply #359499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that he makes the game exciting ? brings some controversy ? good for sport, getting too boring these days

Reply #359510 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That comment is gold Mutley! Artest gettin back to his roots as a no good brawler. Agree with most here, that was 100% deliberate from Artest and his attempts to lie his way out only make him look even worse.

That WAS just as bad as a punch to the head and Artest should absolutely miss the rest of this season and some of the next one too.

Anyone else wondering what Kobe thought the first time he saw this replayed? I'm thinking there were a whole lot of expletives followed by the words 'fire his ass'...

Reply #359515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

was accidental, nice to see a bloke show some real emotion. harden was in wrong spot at wrong time

Reply #359518 | Report this post

Teapotzz  
Years ago

Should be suspended for the playoffs, if not booted from the league! But they won't boot him so hopefully they'll suspend him for a year and then he'll be too old anyway. Goodbye and Good Riddance to a massive blight on our game!

Reply #359519 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"He was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, not my problem my fist hit his face"

"He was in the wrong spot at the wrong time, not my fault the bullet got him in the heart"

That wasn't accidental at all - it was down right malicious. The guy has issues, he went over the top, Harden was up close and he wound up his arm and gave him one hell of an elbowing.

Reply #359521 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I love my Lakers but seriously, Ron Ron is loose. Just like Barry Hall he actually loses his shit when he's pumped up and has brain fades. When Barry Hall hit Ben Rutten he knew he shouldn't do it but couldn't stop and Artest is the same. He could see Harden in the slow mo replay, a quick glance left then boom brain fade.
Artest should get at least 5 games if not 10.

Here's my prediction:

Just like wrestling everyone loves a villain

Lakers beat Denver in first round 4-2

Artest misses the last game and 6 from first round

The NBA suspend Artest for 7 games and drumroll..........

1st game back is game 1 in Oklahoma City

Reply #359524 | Report this post

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Artest is such a skum bag.

Reply #359525 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Remember when guys like Rodman did this night in and night out, and how people liked it a bit...

Wasn't an accident, but think he was probably thinking Harden was getting in his face or something and reacted like the old Artest in the heat of the moment without thinking. Deserves suspension, but only a few games. Think this could actually help his play in the playoffs for some strange reason.

Reply #359536 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Stupid act, was definitely intentional, if you're going to throw a elbow at least do it in the act of play! ;)

I'm guessing 10 weeks...

Reply #359562 | Report this post

tragic  
Years ago

Metta World Peace suspended for 7 games for elbow to Thunder's James Harden.

Reply #359739 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

A few things.
I was kind of stunned Perkins didn't go after him as he had a full view of it.
Id be incredibly disappointed if I were a Fakers fan. Rockin Ronny was actually in the best form and shape since he has been there. He will get multiple games if not the rest of the season. This sort of thing tends to really hurt a team, particularly immediately before the playoffs.
Seriously stunned anyone is siding that this was an accident. Youtube a few basketball injuries that were genuinely accidents, and you see a player immediately look at what he has done, and show some sort of remorse. As noted, Ron was waiting for a fight. You don't smash someone with an elbow to the head, and not look back, no matter how charged up you are.

Will be interesting to see how long it takes Harden to be cleared to play again.

The only really disappointing thing was that Kurt Thomas doesn't play for the Thunder, as he would have gone after Ron with a chair. :)

Reply #359740 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

So Ron got 7 games.....I think he got lucky....lucky that Harden's injury wasn't worse.
Still, good chance this costs the Lakers the first round.

Reply #359742 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

World Peace has copped a 7 game suspension. Looks like priors were a significant factor in the length of suspension.

Most were predicting a 2 game for the elbow, upgraded by another 2 for priors.

Personally, I don't mind the suspension. It was just such an unnecessary act totally outside of any run of play. In some ways it's worse than the take downs on the break because at least there is some argument of trying to stop a basket.

Reply #359743 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

Yeah I was surprised no Thunder players didn't go after him but that is what has happened to the game. If Ibaka or Perkins had gone after him it would have escalated and they would have been suspended. With finals so close it was probably best they didn't. But i'm guessing it took all of their power to restrain from knocking him out!

Reply #359866 | Report this post

Should been 10 weeks straight up.

If you watch closely, he sees the poor bastard out the corner of his Eye.

Reply #360044 | Report this post

Should been 10 weeks straight up.

If you watch closely, he sees the poor bastard out the corner of his Eye.

Reply #360045 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754