Spurssss
Years ago

Patty Career High!!

Patty just had a career high of 34 points, 12 assists, 5 boards. Surely that pushes for post season minutes?

Topic #28191 | Report this topic

Naph  
Years ago

Career highs in Points, FGM, FGA, 3PA, R, A and even doubled his career blocks on the night.

Oh, its also the most points scored by an Australian in an NBA game

Reply #360169 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Super effort that!

Reply #360172 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

And it was against Bogut's new team Golden State too...

Gold!

Reply #360173 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Good to see he is taking his oppurtunities when they come.

Hopefully he can do well in the minutes he gets during the playoffs and sets himself up for next season.

Realistically he won't get many minutes but he just needs to perfom well and run the team the way the coaching staff expect.

Reply #360175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haters? Haters? where are you haters?

Reply #360177 | Report this post

Port  
Years ago

Congrats Patty, could not have happened to a more friendly and energetic player.

Go you good thing!

Reply #360183 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

What Patty always does is take advantage of his opportunities, whenever and however they're presented to him. He'll play in the NBA for a very long time.

Reply #360184 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Also the most assists by an Aussie...

Reply #360185 | Report this post

birdman  
Years ago

ummmm, dammmmm! that good looking stat line for anyone!!!

Reply #360188 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

How many players have their NBA career highs greater than their NBL career highs? Says something about Perth's defence, he averaged 13p at 35% and 4a against them!!

While his recent performances mightnt have been against the NBA elite, it does make me laugh thinking about people in the past who have posted that he would never make it in the NBA. It seemed he had the talent from the moment he burnt the USA in the pre-Olympic game in 2008, good to see him really making the most of it now.

Reply #360189 | Report this post

Shaqfu  
Years ago

Congrats to Patty. But has anyone seen the opposition. Bunch of rooks and scrubs.

Still a great effort though!

Reply #360192 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

If you wanna be like that then technically Mills is a "rookie scrub". To have that kinda game against anyone is a huge effort.

Reply #360193 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

paul, maybe Rob Beveridge was right when he said that Damian Martin is an NBA level defender.

Reply #360194 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Shaqfu - there were 15 other NBA players on the court, and Patty outplayed every one of them by a country mile.

He also hit three big shots down the stretch to ice the game.

Reply #360195 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

He's ended up averaging 10.3ppg for the season too, which is not a bad effort for a third-stringer. Great work Patty!!!

Reply #360197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Haters? Haters? where are you haters?"

Nobody hates Patty, STFU with this "hater" shit!

Reply #360198 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Vart, not on his current ankle!

Reply #360200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sure he didnt play against a starting first pick side - but Patty himself has struggled to be a rotation in the third string.

Fact is he is taking advantage of his opportunities, and this can only be a good thing for his career. Big numbers by anyones standards - and he is proving that against a second/third string side that he can certainly provide some significant value.

Even if this doesnt relate into minutes in the post season, it certainly boosts his stock significantly more than what he had playing with the trailblazers.

Great job Patty.

**Most points and assists in a single game by any Aussie in the NBA**

Reply #360204 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I love it! Great idea by brett Brown & Patty is getting it done!!

Reply #360206 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

beveridge " martin is an nba level defender"

?

did martin sleep with bevo's wife or something. i guess martins been called worse than that in his lifetime though.

ive never seen martin display the nba predilection to moonwalk backwards whenever someone gets a run at the basket.

Reply #360207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought that was pretty funny too Phil, Bevo's got a good sense of humour if nothing else.

Reply #360210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now this is I ally thread worthy! The 12 assists are what most impressive for mine.. He had no talent to pass too!

Reply #360211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see him do well! However, they were playing a D-League side basically haha. Still good!

Reply #360212 | Report this post

HappyJ  
Years ago

great thread, great comments - how it should be! hope to see some patty playoff highlights

Reply #360213 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

I think the best thing about his stat line are his assists...If he can really bring that number up and keep his points steady then hes got a great chance of moving up in the lineup.

Reply #360215 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

lets just hope gary neal is injured for a bit longer...

Reply #360245 | Report this post

CP3  
Years ago

Great effort my Patty, looks like he has become really comfortable in the Spurs system. Tony Parker would be the perfect role model for Patty in showing Patty the balance between looking for your own shot & when it's time to get your team mates involved offensively. I had no doubt Patty could make a positive contribution in the right NBA team. It's also good news for the Boomers program that Patty could bring in this type of form in to the Olympics in London!

Reply #360246 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing Patty playing for the Boomers against Greece in Melbourne!

Reply #360252 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Re Perth's defence - I wonder how many points Mills would have scored on them if he'd played 43 minutes against them, they used the NBL 3 point line and didn't allow defenders to camp in the paint?

Nonetheless, a brilliant stat line - well done to Mills.

Reply #360288 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Still a few haters on the thread gritting their teeth with their 'fake' congratulations. He will only get better as he continues to grow, so there will be more of these threads popping up. I'm backing the Spurs for the playoffs, like what they have going in Texas!

Reply #360293 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

PeterJohn, understand the concept of a longer game and the illegal defense points, but can you please explain your reference to 'the NBL 3 point line'?

Reply #360316 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

I think he meant NBA 3 point line and consequently more space for offence?

Reply #360355 | Report this post

crowsfan  
Years ago

Does anyone know if I can download a torrent of this game anywhere? DAVKA has it up, but its missing the last qtr.

Reply #360603 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754