LJ
Years ago

Clippers hypothetical: Irving or Paul

If the Clippers didn't trade for Mo Williams last season they would have ended up with the number 1 pick, which was Kyrie Irving

My question is, would the clippers be better off to of kept that pick and got Kyrie Irving or are they better off having Chris Paul as there leader?

Discuss!

Topic #28299 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

As good as Paul is, Id take Irving.

Irving/Griffin is yummy combo!

Reply #362223 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Have we ever had a rookie with percentages like that in the NBL?

Reply #362224 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

CP3 is one of those point guard that don't come by very often. Irving has yet to prove himself, so CP3

Reply #362226 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

@Hoopie, Andrew Gaze, Nathan Jawai.. Lesser extent Shane Heal, Joe Ingles, Andrew Vlahov etc

Reply #362233 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

CP3

Reply #362235 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

CP3>Irving

Reply #362236 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Pretty sure averaging 19 and 5.5 in your rookie year counts as proving yourself.

Reply #362237 | Report this post

Juror 12  
Years ago

I'd much rather Paul but remember the clips would have Irving AND Gordon AND Minny's draft pick AND Kaman, Aminu.

Is Paul > Irving, Gordon et al?

Probably at the moment but what about in 5 years? An Irving, Gordon, Aminu, Griffin, Jordan, Bledsoe, Minny pick group would be good.

Reply #362238 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

@hoopie, also add Newley to the list. His shooting percentage was excellent in his first season. He shot at 61% from 2pt territory, and a respectable 34% from 3pt territory.

Reply #362266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai 58%, Gaze 58%, Mackinnon 56%, Newley 51%, Saville 51%, Madgen 46%, Ingles 46%.

Reply #362270 | Report this post

Niko  
Years ago

I'd take CP3 over Irving in a straight swap any day of the week, but if i could go back in time & i was the Clips i'd hang onto all those pieces & have one of the best young teams in the league. I was never keen on the CP3 trade in the first place from the Clippers perspective, but in the end they've made it to the 2nd round now so its paid off.

Reply #362303 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:28 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754